• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your house, Era

• #TeamEdelgard (Black Eagles)

Votes: 837 58.7%
  • #TeamDimitri (Blue Lions)

Votes: 145 10.2%
  • #TeamClaude (Golden Deer)

Votes: 444 31.1%

• Total voters

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Right. I'm saying Seals could theoretically still be used to reclass in addition to exams. Maybe a different type of Seal, as per usual. I'm just waiting on further confirmation for "free reclassing," which has been done before, but could have balance ramifications.

Even if it's the case that you can freely swap between classes you've passed exams for, it's possible the availability of Seals is limited enough that balance issues are mitigated, and we don't quickly/easily get into situations where everyone can swap between everything.
I'm thinking that the % chance of passing exams is going to be a large factor in class restrictions, assuming that there's not completely unlimited grinding. So long as you can't up all your skills, you'll be incentivized to specialize so you can get into the higher tier classes.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We got any news on the story or we're still in kinda like Game of Thrones territory here?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that is a big sword
4 u
tumblr_noknpbUBY61s4cvdqo1_400.gif

also, I don't like any of the characters. they all look boring

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Team Edelgard EASY. I think the others look pretty boring, but Edelgard looks amazing!!! Summer can't get here soon enough.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Looking good so far. Most of this info had already been speculated based on the trailers though, so not exactly what I was looking forward to seeing. Dad being the former leader of the Knights of Seiros explains why we're able to get a teaching gig so easily. I like getting a bit more info on the various houses & their kind of tropes associated with them.

As for people complaining about the character designs, imo they're better than the Fates-wakening titles. Personally I preferred the gamecube era designs. But it's especially stupid to complain about the designs of the female avatar & Sothis. IDK about the rest of you, but growing up in Texas I had plenty of teachers that wore hose & a skirt in school? I will admit it may not have had any design like her hose does, but she's a *mercenary* who happens to be a teacher on the side now. Not a career academic or anything. As for Sothis. I don't really see that as being sexualized. She's cute, but she's not remotely close to showing off anything lewd. Just because her dress is bunched up between her legs? Manaketes have always been portrayed in this fashion, and they've largely been a non-issue on that front.

Finally, the noble & commoner mechanics. I like the idea that characters will have a kind of "intended" classes via their skills that appear best. The game guiding you in a direction but giving you the freedom to swap between multiple classes you've unlocked. All in all it's shaping up to be excellent. Hopefully they can get the maps to look a bit more vivid, but we've still seen so little gameplay that I'm not gonna worry about it yet.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Team Claude, reporting in.

Edelgard is pretty and all but Claude's design is better.

I'm really glad they're bringing back Echoes time rewind system (Tactics Ogre remake did it first though, just saying).

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. How did she look back then? Somehow I find it hard to believe this character was as sexualized in the 80s as she is now, was she? Modern anime have long since gone off the deep end when it comes to extremely young girls being designed as wank material.
Tiki in the 80s is as much "sexualized" as sothis in this https://images.app.goo.gl/bWxwKALRcY4LffzK9
You could make the argument that shes more risque then sothis
https://images.app.goo.gl/F4hUZSVA3bzSo9bX9

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It does, but IS have been neglecting them lately, just look at heroes
The development of Heroes and of the core Fire Emblem series are two different things. Heroes is very much geared toward the mobile gacha crowd. Three Houses isn't going to have Bunny Claude or Halloween Witch Edelgard.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Can't freaking wait. This is probably my last physical copy, as I pre-ordered back when I had BB GCU. Going all digital from now on.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tiki in the 80s is as much "sexualized" as sothis in this https://images.app.goo.gl/bWxwKALRcY4LffzK9
You could make the argument that shes more risque then sothis
https://images.app.goo.gl/F4hUZSVA3bzSo9bX9
I wouldn't call her "as sexualized" but she still is for sure.

Her 1980s art style isn't as detailed, they could barely bother shaping their legs correctly. Yes she's wearing a short dress too but she ain't as detailed. Case in point compare her to the art style of the remake of the same game two decades later on DS.

The remade Tiki could be more riske than Sothis but the original one is not.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a school. Of course they're wearing the same uniform lol
Maybe the problem is that Japan is obsessed with school settings. I swear 90% of their anime is in some sort of school or academy and this bleeds into games as well.

Same thing with zettai ryouiki. There's nothing wrong with the thigh gap, I actually like that element of fashion, but when every single fucking anime or anime game has girls in them it starts to get on my nerves. That and school uniforms are everywhere and more often than not combined in a single character. Jesus.