• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your house, Era

• #TeamEdelgard (Black Eagles)

Votes: 837 58.7%
  • #TeamDimitri (Blue Lions)

Votes: 145 10.2%
  • #TeamClaude (Golden Deer)

Votes: 444 31.1%

• Total voters

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
That's just a thing in general, unless you're a villain, or it's an exaggerated trait, ugly people don't exist in games. Especially JRPGs.

And it makes sense, of course they'd want to push more visually appealing characters if they could.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
So are we expecting whichever house we choose to be similar story/battles (With just different characters in each role) or will it be more like Fates where each path was its own thing with different battles?

The academy portion of the game, at least, appears to feature the same main battles, just with different contexts — e.g., in the Lonato Rebellion in Faerghus, the Blue Lions' involvement is more personal, since the rebellion's leader is the adoptive father of Ashe, one of their members.

We don't officially know what lies beyond that, or how different the routes could become, but considering Fire Emblem always descends into war between countries... I'm guessing the later portion of the game will be pretty different between routes.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's just a thing in general, unless you're a villain, or it's an exaggerated trait, ugly people don't exist in games. Especially JRPGs.

And it makes sense, of course they'd want to push more visually appealing characters if they could.
I don't think anyone is claiming that it doesnt make sense, just that they would be fine if more ugly characters existed.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
The academy portion of the game, at least, appears to feature the same main battles, just with different contexts — e.g., in the Lonato Rebellion in Faerghus, the Blue Lions' involvement is more personal, since the rebellion's leader is the adoptive father of Ashe, one of their members.

We don't officially know what lies beyond that, or how different the routes could become, but considering Fire Emblem always descends into war between countries... I'm guessing the later portion of the game will be pretty different between routes.

Thanks for the info! Definitely ready to get my hands on my FE

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Apparently she got let go after recording a while due to a different direction they wanted for Edelgard. Not terribly uncommon but unfortunate.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow.

Guess some people were right about Vee. I remember some were arguing that Eldegard didn't sound like her and got replaced.

Thought they were crazy, but looks like it's true.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hmmm... I wonder if this has anything to do with
Edelgard's ruthlessness
Given Vee voiced Velvet in ToB I find that hard to imagine. It might have to do with the
time skip though or just general tone being too hard if anything. They may not have been getting the "progression" they wanted from more innocent/naive/young student to older/ruthless/hardened adult.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all got me really curious about these leaks now lol.

Loved her performance as Velvet so that's a shame to hear.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Curiouser and curiouser. Really sucks she has been down on her luck for roles lately.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Potter Emblem
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Romance of the Three Houses
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Calendar Management Simulator
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Dungeons & Dragons & Detention

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| I Hope Reaper Knight-senpai Notices Me

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Given the recent voice acting topic, do we know of any plans to have Japanese voice acting options for western releases? The series has been pretty inconsistent about that.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| I Hope Reaper Knight-senpai Notices Me

tumblr_psi5czBPRL1rwwm2wo1_1280.pnj

(https://terrifiedmouse.tumblr.com/post/185343703901/if-were-given-the-option-to-recruit-the-villains)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| All students are +18

All characters are 18+, especially if stated otherwise.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Can we take a second to appreciate this game's outstanding concept/setting art?

bg_introduction.jpg

bg_img2.jpg

Fire Emblem has really lacked for iconic, identifiable locales, and Three Houses has provided just that with some beautiful fantasy scenery.

To get a sense of scale for how big those walls are: look at the ascending road to the walls, ending in a fortified gatehouse. Now look how staggeringly tall the walls are in comparison to that gatehouse. It's like something out of ASOIAF.

I'm so excited for this game's 3D exploration, and I hope Garreg Mach isn't the only explorable area, despite its impressive scale.

(I know I've been theorizing this since the E3 trailer, but: Garreg Mach's extensive fortifications and standing defense force lead me to strongly suspect it will come under siege at some point, either by an enemy or by us. It'd be poignant if it were, in fact, the final dungeon of the game, after the months of idyllic peace there in the beginning.)

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
(I know I've been theorizing this since the E3 trailer, but: Garreg Mach's extensive fortifications and standing defense force lead me to strongly suspect it will come under siege at some point, either by an enemy or by us. It'd be poignant if it were, in fact, the final dungeon of the game, after the months of idyllic peace there in the beginning.)
So good it will be used twice I hope. I think/hope we'll have to break out and then come storming back eventually.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Given the recent voice acting topic, do we know of any plans to have Japanese voice acting options for western releases? The series has been pretty inconsistent about that.

No announcement, but Nintendo has been pretty good about dual audio so far for Switch. FE Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and even Zelda BOTW (eventually) had it.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Thanks for that. Stopped reading the post above you after seeing a slight glimpse of your post.

I'll take the second one but Non-Dynasty Warriors fans won't know what it means.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'll take the second one but Non-Dynasty Warriors fans won't know what it means.
I mean Romance of the Three Kingdoms is pretty famous outside of DW. Heck even in gaming now Total War just came out with a massively successful new entry all about RotTK.

But Potter Emblem is probably the catchiest. Also wouldn't mind a play on both HP and the whole SMTxFE thing like
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Hogwarts Mirage Seasons #FE
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Hogwarts X Fire Emblem

Cause this game is shaping up to be a more faithful crossover than that game was. Not to say it was bad.

Last edited:

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Something with Yugioh GX could work too, I remember finding a video after the trailer that set the three houses trailer to the english GX opening and it fit surprisingly well

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for that. Stopped reading the post above you after seeing a slight glimpse of your post.

My sacrifice was not in vain!

And as a DW/ROT3K fan, I am partial to that choice.

Cause this game is shaping up to be a more faithful crossover than that game was. Not to say it was bad.
*Blinks*

Say what.

HylianHero12

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I like Romance of the Three Houses as well, despite not being that much of a Dynasty Warriors fan (I've only played Warriors Orochi 3, Hyrule Warriors, and FE Warriors).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Romance of the Three Houses is pretty great, but all of the Harry Potter references are probably more in line with how the game's going to be perceived.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Romance of the Three Kingdoms is pretty famous outside of DW. Heck even in gaming now Total War just came out with a massively successful new entry all about RotTK.

But Potter Emblem is probably the catchiest. Also wouldn't mind a play on both HP and the whole SMTxFE thing like
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Hogwarts Mirage Seasons #FE
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Hogwarts X Fire Emblem

Hogwarts Mirage Sessions is a marvelous title.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| Garreg Mach School of Husbandry and Waifumancy

("Husbandry" works on several levels.)