• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your house, Era

• #TeamEdelgard (Black Eagles)

Votes: 837 58.7%
  • #TeamDimitri (Blue Lions)

Votes: 145 10.2%
  • #TeamClaude (Golden Deer)

Votes: 444 31.1%

• Total voters

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ignace closes out this week.

The second son of a merchant in the Leicster Alliance, he enrolled in the academy since his brother is inheriting the business. A kind young man who loves nature and art.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
He may say that's why he's at the academy, but I bet his parents forced him out of the house after his haircut turned away too many customers.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Loves nature and art, goes to a military academy, gets dragged to cruel war and possibly has to fight friends he made in said academy ... PTSD candidate right there.

Oh damn, thought he was a girl

Well, his description and art almost makes him a male version of the "innocent little sister"-character trope that has been a thing in almost all games. If he's going to be a healer, he would even fit the class that those "little sister" characters have most of the times.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018

The second son of a merchant in the Leicster Alliance, he enrolled in the academy since his brother is inheriting the business. A kind young man who loves nature and art.

That's the 2nd merchant in Golden Deer, right? Does the Alliance do a lot of trade or something?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That's the 2nd merchant in Golden Deer, right? Does the Alliance do a lot of trade or something?

I think an alliance of multiple regions having a big focus on trade makes sense, if you're opposing an empire that has the support of the church and military might and a country made up by crusaders with equal military might and all.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When the barber asks if you want a mullet or a bowl cut and you just say yes.

Poor Golden Deer, I wonder why the artist hates them.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
When the barber asks if you want a mullet or a bowl cut and you just say yes.

Poor Golden Deer, I wonder why the artist hates them.
???
Lysithea and Raphael are fine, and I dont get the hate for hilda and Ignace
That is ignoring it has the best lord design

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
???
Lysithea and Raphael are fine, and I dont get the hate for hilda and Ignace
That is ignoring it has the best lord design

It's mainly the guys that are the issue. Their sins are too great for me, not even Claude can save them. Raphael isn't as terrible as Ignace or Lorenz, but something about his face bugs me, and he might as well lose the shirt if it's that ill-fitting. All I'm saying is, if the houses go to war with each other I know which one I'm burning down first. I just hope I can save Claude.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
It's mainly the guys that are the issue. Their sins are too great for me, not even Claude can save them. Raphael isn't as terrible as Ignace or Lorenz, but something about his face bugs me, and he might as well lose the shirt if it's that ill-fitting. All I'm saying is, if the houses go to war with each other I know which one I'm burning down first. I just hope I can save Claude.

The male students generally are worse; but even the female designs are more just blandly okay than particularly magnetic.

I'm keeping an open mind about other aspects of the game's format and design and generally am optimistic towards it; but the character art has consistently done either nothing or extremely little for me - I look at them and see this.

tumblr_psmvzg9QsI1vql4xno1_1280.png

Hopefully, with the difference in backgrounds and social standings; they have decent interactions with each other and their places in the world; their offputting, avatar-creator like appearances might make it difficult to get attached to them as a first impression, but maybe the way you're placed to direct their growth and the presence of character-specific sidequest activities will allow you to feel more protective of them even if they do look like cursed dolls.

Maybe after the timeskip everyone will be drawn by Ippei.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
GD is definitely the weakest house overall for me, character design wise. I only really like 3 of the character designs; Claude, Lysithea and Marianne. Hilda, Raph and Leonie are just OK, but really do nothing for me at all. Ignace and Lorenz are nightmares.

BE is in the middle unfortunately. I really like 4 of them a lot; Edelgard, Petra, Hubert and Ferdinand. Berandetta, Jorothea and Linhardt are just OK, but again don't excite me much. Caspar is simply no bueno.

BL is begrudgingly the strongest, but not my favorite. They have 5 solid characters; Mercedes, Annette, Felix, Dedue and Ingrid are all quite good with no real downsides to them. They're not the most interesting, but they're all quite good. But Dimitri, Sylvain and Ashe are meh.

Dream team would be Edelgard, Petra, Hubert, Ferdinand, Dedue, Lysithea, Felix and Marianne/Annette/Mercedes/Ingrid.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The male students generally are worse; but even the female designs are more just blandly okay than particularly magnetic.

I'm keeping an open mind about other aspects of the game's format and design and generally am optimistic towards it; but the character art has consistently done either nothing or extremely little for me - I look at them and see this.

tumblr_psmvzg9QsI1vql4xno1_1280.png

Hopefully, with the difference in backgrounds and social standings; they have decent interactions with each other and their places in the world; their offputting, avatar-creator like appearances might make it difficult to get attached to them as a first impression, but maybe the way you're placed to direct their growth and the presence of character-specific sidequest activities will allow you to feel more protective of them even if they do look like cursed dolls.

Maybe after the timeskip everyone will be drawn by Ippei.
We dont deserve Ippei, I bet he would get a lot 9f hate for his less anime look
It is better that he continues doing sporadic FEH characters only, I wouldnt stand for sering people hating on him

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Dream team is Raphael, Dedue, Ferdinand, Claude, Dimitri, Felix, Ashe, and Caspar.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The reality is what people get for dunking on Dimitri constantly while praising Claude as the best.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm incredibly bored by these character designs.

It's such a shame that we go from the art style of Echoes, and we have some really great character art work in Heroes... To... This.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
We have a more clear picture of the images that flashed by in the artbook, the top middle one in particular is pretty interesting if you've kept up with the leaks,
I remember there being something about edelgard having buns in her hair post timeskip, and this woman in the middle looks pretty similar
9j6P5bO.png

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We have a more clear picture of the images that flashed by in the artbook, the top middle one in particular is pretty interesting if you've kept up with the leaks,
I remember there being something about edelgard having buns in her hair post timeskip, and this woman in the middle looks pretty similar
9j6P5bO.png
Woah, damn. What's going on with the dude in the top right's eye?

Other stuff of note: Death Knight on a horse, giant army, and what's probably the dad about to get got. That's not a spoiler.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wonder if we'll actually get a proper NA website before or at least on Tuesday alongside the Direct. It's kind of crazy how all out and comprehensive the JP site is with regular updates while the west just has this beyond basic temp product page, not to mention the complete lack of promo/marketing stuff like the Twitter and bi-weekly Famitsu articles.

I really hope E3 is the kickoff for the West and they don't half ass it over here. This should be a huge step for the FE franchise to really get to that next level. I hope they don't mess it up.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll actually get a proper NA website before or at least on Tuesday alongside the Direct. It's kind of crazy how all out and comprehensive the JP site is with regular updates while the west just has this beyond basic temp product page, not to mention the complete lack of promo/marketing stuff like the Twitter and bi-weekly Famitsu articles.

I really hope E3 is the kickoff for the West and they don't half ass it over here. This should be a huge step for the FE franchise to really get to that next level. I hope they don't mess it up.

It's bizarre for sure. Three Houses has gotten a grand total of 7 minutes of trailer time, with almost no other western marketing. None of which had any real story or combat details, let alone a hook. NoA has bothered to translate/post, what, two of the bios the JP Twitter has been putting out frequently? NoE has done more than them, although still little.

You'd think 3H would get more marketing than even Fateswakening, but I feel like it's gotten less than SoV. Here's hoping they go for a saturation strategy from here on, and really hook people with a juicy trailer at E3.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i have no actual numbers or inside information on this, but i feel like people in north america don't really visit Official Websites that much and instead rely on social media postin'

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of funny how much more aggressive NCL's social media team is compared to NoA or NoE.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
i have no actual numbers or inside information on this, but i feel like people in north america don't really visit Official Websites that much and instead rely on social media postin'
I would agree, but that just makes it weirder that the twitter presence for this game is nearly nil.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's bizarre for sure. Three Houses has gotten a grand total of 7 minutes of trailer time, with almost no other western marketing. None of which had any real story or combat details, let alone a hook. NoA has bothered to translate/post, what, two of the bios the JP Twitter has been putting out frequently? NoE has done more than them, although still little.

You'd think 3H would get more marketing than even Fateswakening, but I feel like it's gotten less than SoV. Here's hoping they go for a saturation strategy from here on, and really hook people with a juicy trailer at E3.
My hope is they're going for a big bang approach. Concentrated fire between E3 and release. Pessimist in me thinks they're just not confident in the game, either it's overall quality after two delays or the setting resonating with western audiences.
Maybe, but I mean we haven't even gotten that much. They did what 4 or 5 of the character profiles JP has done and even then not the full posts with video, just portraits and a screenshot.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The FE brand name is as big as its ever been, thanks to FEH, and Awakening/Fates successfully selling 2mil+ copies. They never gave an official number of how well Echoes did, but i remember it being stated somewhere that they were satisfied with the sales, not to mention FE Warriors sold 1mil+. Unless FE3H just turns out to be a genuinely terrible game, it will benefit from releasing on a popular system and growing userbase that isn't the same with the 3DS/WiiU.

I'm sure they'll have a full blowout of information during E3 to build up the hype.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
The FE brand name is as big as its ever been, thanks to FEH, and Awakening/Fates successfully selling 2mil+ copies. They never gave an official number of how well Echoes did, but i remember it being stated somewhere that they were satisfied with the sales, not to mention FE Warriors sold 1mil+. Unless FE3H just turns out to be a genuinely terrible game, it will benefit from releasing on a popular system and growing userbase that isn't the same with the 3DS/WiiU.

I'm sure they'll have a full blowout of information during E3 to build up the hype.
SoV would've had to have been under a million then, wouldn't it? At least for awhile anyway. Otherwise it should've been mentioned among the new 1 mil+ sellers in either a quarterly or yearly fiscal report. I suppose it could've been a slow burn to 1 mil, though. I think the reports are kinda limited in what they include. Like if it ended its first FY at 800k or something and then climbed up another 200k+ over the next year it still wouldn't make any lists.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

A lot of these designs are too modern. Like, can you imagine a person during that time having glasses?

Though to be fair, Canas has monocles, but Canas is an exception because he's awesome.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
A lot of these designs are too modern. Like, can you imagine a person during that time having glasses?

Though to be fair, Canas has monocles, but Canas is an exception because he's awesome.
eyeglasses have existed for centuries, since like the 1300s
ignace's style have been around since the 1600s, even