• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your house, Era

• #TeamEdelgard (Black Eagles)

Votes: 837 58.7%
  • #TeamDimitri (Blue Lions)

Votes: 145 10.2%
  • #TeamClaude (Golden Deer)

Votes: 444 31.1%

• Total voters

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure there will be DLC, however I don't think they'll go as overboard as they did for SoV.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At the very least, I don't expect paid overclasses to return, but we'll have double the Cipher maps from SoV.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind buying another MC skin honestly >.> That and extra characters with supports (someone replied to me earlier in this thread saying SoV had done this for the first time) are what I'm hoping for.

Fomortiis

Jan 2, 2018
I wouldn't mind buying another MC skin honestly >.> That and extra characters with supports (someone replied to me earlier in this thread saying SoV had done this for the first time) are what I'm hoping for.
I think Fates technically beat SoV to the punch since Anna was DLC in Fates. But yeah, the cipher dudes in SoV were actual fully fleshed characters with proper dialogue (supports, final battle quits, base monologues, etc) and I hope if they continue to do DLC characters they actually make them characters.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's a possibility they go full Awakening-style franchise fan service and have a lot of cameo characters. See all your favorite Fire Emblem protagonists in stunning HD for the very first time!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would kill for dlc students if they put the slightest effort into fleshing that out as a feature, eg supports. They don't even have to support with existing students, just other dlc characters.

Oooh it's also be cool if there was a new game + option to pick a custom set of students as your class/house. Assuming they do ng+.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
I feel like there's a possibility they go full Awakening-style franchise fan service and have a lot of cameo characters. See all your favorite Fire Emblem protagonists in stunning HD for the very first time!
That should've been Fire Emblem Warriors XD

But yeah, I'm expecting an expensive season pass. It's par for the course for FE since Awakening and a lot of the major Switch titles do it too. Slightly off-top, but I'm really surprised Super Mario Odyssey never got DLC (at least not yet).

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 had a $30 expansion pass that had a lot of content, I don't think IS can sell anything pricier than that with even less content

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have to be balanced, it'd be an ng+ option, like those Xcom optional campaign settings that can totally break the game.
I still think it would be a bad idea, revelation was similar to that and it was awful
I would prefer if it was a separate mode that you can still pick any group of student but for a set of challenge maps that aren't necessarily tied to the main game

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Heirs of Fate was pretty damn good, so there is some hope.
I actually loved Heirs of Fate, it was a solid story and the gameplay was really fun. Since the devs know exactly what units you will have going into the level for Heirs of Fate they basically become puzzle levels where everything is a known variable, so those can be really fun.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
No famitsu info on Three houses this week yet makes me think we're getting a trailer with new info rather than a recap of what the Japanese marketing has already covered. I also expect a treehouse segment going over that first chapter against Kostas with probably the Black Eagles.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No famitsu info on Three houses this week yet makes me think we're getting a trailer with new info rather than a recap of what the Japanese marketing has already covered. I also expect a treehouse segment going over that first chapter against Kostas with probably the Black Eagles.
On the flipside, no Famitsu article could mean they're taking a break specifically to let NA catch up.

Man I hope you're right though. This is easily my most anticipated game right now, gimme that blowout.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Welp, leak was real. At least partially.

Some parts looked rough, but now I am way more interested in the game.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
That was a great story trailer. The characters definitely look great post timeskip.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard giving me serious Daenerys vibes... I'm still team Dimitri but I might have to stan.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
5 year time skip is what I needed to see. Love the older designs of the main lords. The next two months are going to be a looong wait.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
All three lords look SOOOOOOO much better after the time skip.

Anyone who doubts the leak now, I don't know what to say.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda thought they would give a trailer with gameplay or something since it's their biggest title but I'm guessing that's what treehouse is for? Does anyone know what time and day it's going to be there?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017

I feel pretty comfortable saying that everything here is true.

Just as a reminder, people, the leaks are still spoilers for everything not in the marketing. If you're going to discuss them outside of a spoiler labeled thread, you need to hide the specifics.
I don't want to read the leaks but could you tell me what general gist of it is? Do the story beats in the leak sound good, and from what I understand, dark?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Unfortunately, the confirmed leak likely means poor maps. Hopefully Treehouse Live disputes this aspect.