• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which definitely sane post-timeskip Lord are you choosing?

• Dimitri: "Those who stand in my way will be crushed."

Votes: 122 18.6%
  • Claude: "...I'll take them out... without hesitation."

Votes: 198 30.2%
  • Edelgard: "I'm sorry, teacher. But this is my path."

Votes: 336 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that now that Mario Maker 2 is out, Three Houses' is getting its time in the spotlight.

Starting with the big one, the Japanese overview trailer (with helpful English subtitles):

Then there's 3 more commercials from Japan:

Credit to Chalphy for originally posting the new commercials and Xavi for finding the version of the overview with subtitles.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks like they're going all out with the advertising. it's most likely going to become the best selling title in the series, but i wonder by how much.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Here is most of the new info from the French Stream, courtesy of Serenes Forest.

Raphael needs Heavy armor and Strength to recruit.

Fodlan is about 2/3 of Europe by size. You will discover the countries around it during the game. The 3 fodlan countries are united under Seiros to prevent invasion from the countries around.
The characters can refuse to have tea with you. There was a " 3 missing conversations" screen at the end, dont know what that means.

Using general amiibo gives items, using a Fire Emblem character will unlock their character music that can be used on free battles.

There is a "help class" option to recruit a student from another house for only a month.

There are beasts that take 6 squares. Difficult ennemies as beasts was a long time desire from the producers, just like the many fighters on screen.

Some notes: Petra makes very obvious mistakes with her grammar but tries to get better. The French localization seems nice. Dorothea said something mysterious during lunch (she feels like she liked that before, but doesn't quite remember) so maybe she has some secrets...
Finally, the producers tried a lot of new things and had to face many so they are a little stressed about the reception but hope we will like it. Also they consider each story line as a game so Three Houses is 3 games in one

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
early concept art from event in France
020.jpg
021.jpg

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
It looks to be packed with content and story. I like the art style too. The only thing that could look better are the maps. My most anticipated title this year for sure.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Cashed in one of my vouchers to preload it. Can't wait!
But goddamn I really need to finish Valkyria Chronicles 4 before this comes out or I never will...

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
It looks to be packed with content and story. I like the art style too. The only thing that could look better are the maps. My most anticipated title this year for sure.
I'm actually liking the maps we've seen so far. They seem really varied and have nice layouts, my favorite is probably this one.
1562268487885.png

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Claude's pre-skip design remained like that early concept art. It's a lot more unique.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
All the commercials since e3 have been doing wonders for getting me to buy further into this.

You thought this was just school shenanigans? Well fuck that, we're making anime game of thrones!

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I've enjoyed fire emblem since awakening but this game seems like it's complicated as hell. Still have it preordered but I have a feeling I'm in for some schooling myself

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Claude's pre-skip design remained like that early concept art. It's a lot more unique.
It looks like they were going to make the Lysithean Alliance (or at least the part Claude's from) a little more Arabian in terms of visual influence. I do hope they go back to that well in the future, it's a great look.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
early concept art from event in France

These hammer pants are amazing. Interesting that they considered more oriental (?) influences for Claude with the shoes and the pants (I also like the belt). Dimitri and Edelgard look pretty similar in comparison. I have to assume from name that Dimitri is Russian influenced while Edelgard has some German influences (her original uniform looks a bit like a traditional Dirndl costume, I'll give them that), but they end up looking not very distinct. Happy they tried to go a different route with Claude's design!

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bah, I can't fit the entire Claude quote in the poll. The last bit is "I'll take them out... without mercy."

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These hammer pants are amazing. Interesting that they considered more oriental (?) influences for Claude with the shoes and the pants (I also like the belt). Dimitri and Edelgard look pretty similar in comparison. I have to assume from name that Dimitri is Russian influenced while Edelgard has some German influences (her original uniform looks a bit like a traditional Dirndl costume, I'll give them that), but they end up looking not very distinct. Happy they tried to go a different route with Claude's design!
More Arabian, probably explains why they are so inconsistent with his skin tone

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Edelgard have only one arm in the concept art :/? I'm about as sour on those designs as the final ones.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not preordering this but will buy on sale depending on reveals.

Everything visually barring the cel shaded characters looks dull

Chaofahn

Nov 16, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Never thought I'd see the day where I'm refreshing a Fire Emblem thread out of pure hype for its release.

Awakening and Fates were never on my hype radar, yet I've been torturing myself with Three Houses, watching all the trailers and official breakdowns. Avoiding spoilers/leaks like the plague though.

We're almost there fam! Blue Lions = Best House

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
"without skipping anything" sounds about right for 80h. I take my sweet time with Fire Emblem, I think my Conquest Classic run took about as long, simply because I kept agonizing over every single move on every single map. I also spent too much damn time with the stupid My Castle stuff, I really wanted to recruit the extra unit you get for maxing out the Onsen (and then I benched said unit immediately).

I'll agree that it's probably overblown in comparison to regular play styles.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
It will be my first Fire Emblem, pretty hyped about it
I still don't know which House to choose tho....

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game gonna be good? Haven't played one since the GC version. I liked that one but will I like this? Is it just gonna be battle after battle with no freedom to level up or anything?

How's the soundtrack to these games is it FFT level quality and do characters have jobs and lots of loot to find or steal from enemies

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game gonna be good? Haven't played one since the GC version. I liked that one but will I like this? Is it just gonna be battle after battle with no freedom to level up or anything?

How's the soundtrack to these games is it FFT level quality and do characters have jobs and lots of loot to find or steal from enemies

Sounds like you haven't read anything about the game yet. Serene's Forest is a great source for everything Fire Emblem related and they have a good overview of the game: https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

- you have activities to do between battles.
- Soundtrack of FE games are always great/excellent.
- lots of jobs and customization possible
- thieves can steal from ennemies.
- game is shaping up to be very good, but we wont know for sure before playing it ;)

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kasukihara said its took him 80 hours to finish one of three houses without skip anything.

From Japan Expo slide
Kasukihara also Director of Three Houses

I3uIIYA.jpg

Dunno what to think of this, I'm pretty slow playing games so this doesn't seem like a good sign lmao

Glad I don't have any other games coming till September so I can just play this for awhile. I got kinda burnt out at the end but playing all three Fates games for a month was fun.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Holy shit this is looking better every time they show it. It's looking like this and DQ XI S are competing not just for the mantle of my GOTY but are going to give my favourite of all time a solid run.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Really hoping that Dimitri is full evil, this is the first I've been excited for a Fire Emblem game in a long time.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
I have a semi media blackout for this game somehow so i won't spoil myself now.Already pre ordered the game, hope we will get FE4:Echos after this too.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping that Dimitri is full evil, this is the first I've been excited for a Fire Emblem game in a long time.
It seems (and this is basically speculation from these new videos and the E3 trailer) that whichever Houses you don't pick go off the rails post timeskip. Contrast Claude's lines there to here - it's the same theme (friendship!) but here it's kind of a dark protective impulse whereas there it was a power of friendship speech, so I'd guess that the E3 trailer was a look at the Golden Deers' route. It's a great way to handle multiple routes. I suspect that Dimitri is going to be justice vs vengeance in the same way, but I'm not sure what they'll do for Edelgard. Has me pretty excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.