• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which definitely sane post-timeskip Lord are you choosing?

• Dimitri: "Those who stand in my way will be crushed."

Votes: 122 18.6%
  • Claude: "...I'll take them out... without hesitation."

Votes: 198 30.2%
  • Edelgard: "I'm sorry, teacher. But this is my path."

Votes: 336 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2017
It might not necessarily be the time skip itself but rather the inciting event that ends the school period which leads to the time skip. So he could spoil what that event is but doesn't even though we already know a time skip follows.
Well, that of course can be true.

But then I find the phrasing to be weird. Why not just writing: "The terms of Nintendo's embargo forbid me talking about the story beyond the time skip around ten hours in [...]"

Why would he at first be intentionally vague by using "a major flashpoint" just to outright tell us it's the time skip everyone already knows about?
Just my interpretation, and in the end we won't know what exactly happens anyways. :)
It could be referencing the event that ends the first part and leads into the timeskip, since that hasn't been revealed in spite of the timeskip itself now being promoted.

I'm pretty sure the reviewer is talking about the fact the 3 houses/nations go to war with each other. The war is something that will obviously have a major effect on the story and that Nintendo hasn't been too shy about revealing since that E3 trailer (hence their ok with it being mentioned in reviews), yet the reviewer never brings it up (as far as I can tell). I can't imagine any other story beat that Nintendo would be ok with spoiling (such as the actual cause of the war/timeskip).

That being said, this still probably means that the time skip starts 10 hours in, since the war appears to start with the time skip.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Don't know if it's been mentioned but on GameInformer's podcast they hinted they might have something related to FE:3H going up on their site soon so maybe the preview embargo is tomorrow?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
So Claude is also on the let's go full insane train? Noooo.....
He's still my option for the first playtrough, although the Blue Lions video made them look really interesting too...

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think people are trying to hard to make Claude a crazy guy, I still believe that most of his moves will by using his smarts and not trying to be tyrannical like the other two

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So Claude is also on the let's go full insane train? Noooo.....
He's still my option for the first playtrough, although the Blue Lions video made them look really interesting too...

Yeah in the 9 minute video Nintendo Japan released, he had this little gem:
RrcV2Dq.png

Which, admittedly, still seems like the nicest of the bunch, but at the same time it's like why they bothered with the really corny "We'll open our hearts to them and show them our true selves!" line in the e3 trailer

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
English Bernadetta is so much better

Also Claude's lines basically confirms he is more of a scheming guy than an insane one

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Which, admittedly, still seems like the nicest of the bunch, but at the same time it's like why they bothered with the really corny "We'll open our hearts to them and show them our true selves!" line in the e3 trailer

Nah.

"Yet we have the strength to scale the walls between us, to reach out our hands in friendship so we can open our true hearts to one another. That's how we win!"

The E3 speech is more friendly, but it seems to be specifically about uniting his allies to defeat the enemy, not about making peace with them.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah in the 9 minute video Nintendo Japan released, he had this little gem:
RrcV2Dq.png

It does sound rude, but in the "sorry, it's either you or me" than Edelgard's "eliminate those with unreasonable ideas of justice". He knows he could try the conversation approach but it will probably be useless. Still, it does show he has a darker side.

It only makes me more excited for the twists shown after the timeskip, specially since the preview praised them!

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Ferdinand is literally Book!Edmure Tully, all about protecting the smallfolk. He just rose 20 points in my eyes.

Also, Jeralt suspicious as fuck of the Church. And Rhea giving that real talk teaching advice.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Gilbert's Advice box is interesting.

I've reunited with my daughter, but I'm the one who left in the first place.I don't know what to say, or even how to speak to her.
Who is his daughter, If I had to guess it'd be Annette, since he's from Faerghus

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

The E3 speech is more friendly, but it seems to be specifically about uniting his allies to defeat the enemy, not about making peace with them.

In the context of the e3 trailer, Edelgard and Dimitri give their Cray speeches, then Claude's all "The power of friendship is the key to victory :D" which doesn't seem to fit with what the previous two said. The line in the 9 minute trailer seems like what should have been in the E3 trailer, because it actually follows thematically with Edelgard and Dimitri's lines.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mercedes has the same voice as Haru from Persona?
In the context of the e3 trailer, Edelgard and Dimitri give their Cray speeches, then Claude's all "The power of friendship is the key to victory :D" which doesn't seem to fit with what the previous two said. The line in the 9 minute trailer seems like what should have been in the E3 trailer, because it actually follows thematically with Edelgard and Dimitri's lines.
I dont think it is the same scene

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Ferdinand is literally Book!Edmure Tully, all about protecting the smallfolk. He just rose 20 points in my eyes.

Also, Jeralt suspicious as fuck of the Church. And Rhea giving that real talk teaching advice.
Plus, I hadn't noticed, but the opening line from the E3 2018 trailer is definitively from Rhea.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Manuela's lines are kinda hilarious, I'm a fan of most of the English voices really. Lorenz sounded way smoother than I thought he would. Also there is apparently a Stigma around people from Daskar from Dedue's lines.

It seems the first mission of the game will be a mock battle, which is probably where you pick your house. Also it seems that Raitei was translated to Thunderbrand for Catherine's weapon.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading that Claude line a lot darker than you guys are. Deciding to protect your people first, and damn the rest, has lead to some really really bad stuff, historically. Edelgard wanting order and Dimitri... well, Dimitri going kill crazy probably compares.
They picked really good voices all around!
The soundclip with Anette singing is really cute.

Edit: Okay, Mercedes voice could've been better.
Just what I came here to post, lol. Not at all what I was picturing in my head for her.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Yeah, after listening to the voiceclips I think I'll go with the english voices. All of them except maybe Mercedes fit well. Anette's singing was a particularly nice touch.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that there are sand worms in this game is really weirding me out. I guess there were those giant spiders and floating eyeball tentacle monsters in FE8 but I wasn't expecting a monster like that in this.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
After listening to the voice clips i officially declare Anette as best girl, and yeah Mercedes sound kind of like the youngest even tho she's supposed to be older.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I though for sure Mercedes would sound older.

I really like Edelgard's voice.

Actually almost everyone sounds pretty good.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So, I haven't been following this game too closely. I'm of course super excited about it, but life and whatnot has kept me from following it intensely like I have in the past. I'm finally catching up on a lot of the trailers and... it seems like it's going to be a lot (I don't like to use this word but I can't think of a better one right now) darker than they initially let on. At least I think so?
I was pretty sure that the school was the center and focus of the game, but it seems like after the time skip everything goes to absolutely shit (read: war). Honestly, this has only heightened my hype for the game. Do we know when in the game the time skip happens? Is it only at the end?

Anyway, I'm team Claude all the way. Was going to go with Edelgard early on, but I've got a bad feeling about her in that E3 trailer. So Claude it is, which is fine. He's low-key the hottest one. Are there relationships in the game? Are there LGBT options?

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
If the reason Claude is upside down on the box art is because he's evil is a bit too on the nose symbolism for me.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when in the game the time skip happens? Is it only at the end?

The Academy Phase lasts about a year in-game, or ~12 months/missions. After that, the time skip happens, and we enter the War Phase. The previewer from earlier today may have implied that the time skip took them 10 hours to reach (while rushing), in a ~45 hour experience (one route, while rushing).

Status
Not open for further replies.