• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which definitely sane post-timeskip Lord are you choosing?

• Dimitri: "Those who stand in my way will be crushed."

Votes: 122 18.6%
  • Claude: "...I'll take them out... without hesitation."

Votes: 198 30.2%
  • Edelgard: "I'm sorry, teacher. But this is my path."

Votes: 336 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
The Academy Phase lasts about a year in-game, or ~12 months/missions. After that, the time skip happens, and we enter the War Phase. The previewer from earlier today may have implied that the time skip took them 10 hours to reach (while rushing), in a ~45 hour experience (one route, while rushing).

Oh fuck

Edit: I'm having a Kid Icarus: Uprising-esque moment of "Holy shit this game is way bigger than I thought it was."

JKGQ2013

Oct 27, 2017
Is the DLC not up yet to buy separately? I got the game with a voucher but I want to buy the DLC also, is there any info on when it can be bought?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Are there relationships in the game? Are there LGBT options?

Oh, and there are relationships, but no children. We don't know about LGBT options officially yet, but safe to say there'll be a non-zero amount.

Is the DLC not up yet to buy separately? I got the game with a voucher but I want to buy the DLC also, is there any info on when it can be bought?

Don't think so on either account. It'll be up by release, that's all we know.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If Claude really was evil I feel it would be in the leak
I still stand that the reason that he is so secretive and scheming is because his dad is from another country and he doesnt want other people to know

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Hardly ever see a preview where they literally finished the game lol.

Guess reviews will be up July 24? Seems like Nintendo likes 2 days before release

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Hardly ever see a preview where they literally finished the game lol.

Guess reviews will be up July 24? Seems like Nintendo likes 2 days before release
Either the 24th or 25th is most likely, though it's not unheard of for them to go up even earlier. That being said, it seems like Nintendo is giving reviewers enough time to at least finish one full campaign, but it's not nearly as crazy as when reviewers had a whole month to play Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I think Mercedes is supposed to be the airheaded breezy older sister cliche that I think I've seen in anime before, and that's why they tried to do for the dub. Anyway, except maybe Mercedes, all the voices sounded great! The Fates voices could be really hit or miss, but it seems to be shaping up excellently, more like Echoes where I think everyone was excellently cast.

Also Jeralt is a Paladin so he's literally Daddy Jagen. Love it.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Either the 24th or 25th is most likely, though it's not unheard of for them to go up even earlier. That being said, it seems like Nintendo is giving reviewers enough time to at least finish one full campaign, but it's not nearly as crazy as when reviewers had a whole month to play Xenoblade Chronicles X!
I mean the Engadget guy had already finished a full path, so I think Nintendo wants the reviewers to at least play 2 paths so they can give a good idea of how different the story/gameplay is in different paths in reviews

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Idk if its a controversial opinion, but Felicia is still the best cast English VA in all of FE, this game is shaping up really well in terms of VA though

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well that is definitely a nice update to the official site. The VA all seem very good overall IMO. I am kinda bummed we didn't get Petra or Leonie voice samples but hopefully they will update with the rest of the students.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Hmm... this is probably referring to the school dance we've seen, but I wonder what other season events there could be. It would also be cool if the monastery changed depending on the season — c'mon snowy Garreg Mach.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
After listen sample voice from English site. Dang! It so good! Better than Japanese for me as someone who's big anime fan and better in Japanese than English.
My playthrough might be double because of these lol.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Can you really change the MC name?
Eng site just use name Byleth for their profile so I kinda confused a bit.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Do we know who is Bernadetta's English VA? Sounds super familiar, but can't recall where I heard it. I dont watch too many eng dubs, so maybe it's from RWBY?

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 100% certain that this will be the best-selling FE game, and the best-selling RPG on the Switch. Unless Mario + Rabbids counts.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
But can it top the phenomenal Revelations and score over 88 🙄?

Fire Emblem is one of the few franchises where I look at the reviews across entries and just think... Wtf?

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping for a 90 myself, but anything on that range will be excelent.

A 93 to surpass Awakening and be the best rated game in the franchise would be amazing.

I think 92 is the absolute ceiling, but I'd love to be proven wrong. 93 would make it tied with Persona 5 for most acclaimed JRPG of the decade, and I'm not convinced Three Houses has that much going for it. It'll probably have rock-solid gameplay, lots of content, and a compelling enough narrative, but I think it'll need excellent production values as well in order to get over the top.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find any updated numbers, so I went with what I found. What's the latest on it?
Only numbers is some markets (Spain : 100k+, France: 150k+ in 2017...). That's significantly above games like DKCTF that are above 2m. I estimate it at 3.5m+, probably more because of the deep price promotion it got several times.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Can you really change the MC name?
Eng site just use name Byleth for their profile so I kinda confused a bit.

It's been a while since i started playing them, but i think you could change the name of Robin and Corrin in Awakening/Fates, yet they still use these default names for the characters everywhere else.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
So Keighley usually hires an orchestra and singers to interpret the theme songs of all GOTY nominated games, in FE's case should they do the english or Japanese version?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
You SRPG / fishing minigame fans need to check out Summon Night. That series has a god-tier fishing minigame, and is probably where they got the idea to put one into this.
Oh, looks like fog of war is back!

You'd think they would try and like... Approximate a wispy fog or something? Definitely could have done a better job of representing it in a less lame fashion :/

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Daaamn that leaked engaget preview (or was it a review?) sounded amazing! Wasn't expecting such positive comparisons to P5

DarthButcher

Oct 30, 2017
I've been trying to remain fairly spoiler free.

Without any spoilers/as little information as possible, tell me which house I should be choosing for my first play through.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Honestly, the Sothis voice actress sounds more like Viridi than Hynden Walch's replacement does in Smash Ultimate.

(Well, that's just from the two clips, and I don't expect Sothis will be yelling all the time either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.