• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which definitely sane post-timeskip Lord are you choosing?

• Dimitri: "Those who stand in my way will be crushed."

Votes: 122 18.6%
  • Claude: "...I'll take them out... without hesitation."

Votes: 198 30.2%
  • Edelgard: "I'm sorry, teacher. But this is my path."

Votes: 336 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanuli

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Can't wait! I need it! I'm so happy with the undo turn option, because earlier I never player the games on hard because enemy crits would frustrate the hell out of me.

Oct 25, 2017
But can it top the phenomenal Revelations and score over 88 🙄?

Fire Emblem is one of the few franchises where I look at the reviews across entries and just think... Wtf?

There's an inherent selection bias factor going on there. Only reviewers keen on Fire Emblem or Fates would bother to play and review the game, which leads to a higher skew than dumping Revelations in the lap of 100 random reviewers.

Fire Emblem getting hyuge and this being hyped up reduces the odds of selection bias in reviewer assignments, which would tend to hurt "niche" games like anime SRPGs.

Last edited:

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Threads like this are funny to me. Everyone is talking about how high the review score should be, but in a month's time there's guaranteed to be a chunk of us who are very disappointed with the game. That's just the nature of opinions.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising given how stellar Echoes was despite the iffy source material.

This has been a really great year for OSTs, though. Cadence of Hyrule and Langrisser 1&2 have awesome soundtracks, but are mostly remixes so they are hard to judge.

??? Gaiden had a really strong soundtrack for its time. Stuff like Mila's Divine Intervention have been fan favorites. If anything Echoes' soundtrack is strong due *to* the source material.That said, the sound team did kill it with their compositions.

Surprisingly, I actually haven't loved the music I've heard from 3H. Not a big fan of that faux Sawano sound.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I've actually found Echoes' "With Mila's Divine Protection"'s rendition a bit weak. That spanish flamenco-inspired Smash arrangement is too good. Echoes' is more regular fantasy game music

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Game Informer video host says, "So this is a little further into the game, I'd say about 10 hours. And this is the calendar system"

So we can confirm that the school setting is gonna take awhile.

Also the handheld video confirms that text is indeed tiny as fuck, those saying "but it's just the pictures on Eshop" were wrong, of course.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Also the handheld video confirms that text is indeed tiny as fuck, those saying "but it's just the pictures on Eshop" were wrong, of course.
Yes. Of course :(
Here we captured full game intro, school instructor lessons gameplay, and conversation/dialogue options examples:

This seems massive indeed.
Unfortunately the text size doesn't seem massive at all.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't a huge fan of this in other games. It makes you play way less aggressive than you normally would.
Yeah fog of war works fine in Advance Wars or RTS's because of how units can be disposable and having specialized vision mechanics. FE and XCOM's systems are less meaningful and more frustrating.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fog of war works fine in Advance Wars or RTS's because of how units can be disposable and having specialized vision mechanics. FE and XCOM's systems are less meaningful and more frustrating.
I know Blazing Blade had torches you could use, but I feel like they were kinda not enough. I want a unit that I can send forward to cut into the fog and give me a better idea of how I can move everyone else, but because we don't get that it leads to more cautious play.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Threads like this are funny to me. Everyone is talking about how high the review score should be, but in a month's time there's guaranteed to be a chunk of us who are very disappointed with the game. That's just the nature of opinions.
Well the people doing the previews are being mostly positive about it and they are the ones who give scores after all, i don't understand what do you mean with this comment.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know Blazing Blade had torches you could use, but I feel like they were kinda not enough. I want a unit that I can send forward to cut into the fog and give me a better idea of how I can move everyone else, but because we don't get that it leads to more cautious play.
That's what thieves are for in most cases; they have a much larger range of sight on FoW maps.
I remember when I reviewed all three games in a relatively short timeframe and my increasing disappointment/discovery of the trio's faults became more and more apparent as I went from Birthright to Conquest to Revelations. By the time I hit Revelation, I was just done with this whole universe and characters despite liking a lot of the mechanical changes and refinements to the series core mechanics.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Fog of war maps are always hit or miss, but Three Houses will have to really try hard to make one that matches the awfulness of Micaiah and the Black Knight fumbling around in the dark by themselves.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Fog of war maps are always hit or miss, but Three Houses will have to really try hard to make one that matches the awfulness of Micaiah and the Black Knight fumbling around in the dark by themselves.
That map was annoying as fuck in hard mode, considering everything and anything will try to kill her and she's so damn fragile. On normal, though, it's fine since the Black Knight can kill anything without major issues while leaving Micaiah hidden in some little corner.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What, you didn't like a map where you had one character who was practically invulnerable and another who would die if anything so much as breathed on her?

Like Geoffrey's Charge, that map is a contender for the worst in the series.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
That map was annoying as fuck in hard mode, considering everything and anything will try to kill her and she's so damn fragile. On normal, though, it's fine since the Black Knight can kill anything without major issues while leaving Micaiah hidden in some little corner.
I dont dislike the idea, I dont think the MC being frail is bad, I much prefer when the MC is weak than whey they are op and make the map objective of "MC must survive" useless. The execution however was very bad.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I just found out that non-students cane be recruited as well (Alois, Shamir etc.).

Do they join automatically at certain points in the story, or do I have to actually build up support with them as I would with the other students? I'm at Chapter 4 at the moment.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
So I just found out that non-students cane be recruited as well (Alois, Shamir etc.).

Do they join automatically at certain points in the story, or do I have to actually build up support with them as I would with the other students? I'm at Chapter 4 at the moment.
You were probably looking for the OT!

And the answer is: The only recruitment requirement for those characters is Byleth's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.