• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I think I didn't know about the animals vs freaker fights before. Neat

Finding the right ammo for the gun you have is gonna drive me insane lol

Nov 8, 2017
Unreal 4 with no support for two wheeled vehicles is pretty funny. I like the work around. Thanks for sharing this.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I want to see more, I still question why this doesn't have multiplayer but overall I'm looking forward to seeing the cast of characters and who's who in this game.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
The more I learn about it the more interested I am. Thought it was a generic open world shooter at first. Really like the ecosystem they have in place.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the burning car rolling down the hill.
Caught my eye too. Like they turned that great TLOU cutscene moment into actual gameplay
c1Oy4s1.gif

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I was impressed by the bit where he jumped some AI humans shooting and some didn't react to the side, I assume because they didn't hear or they made it so that the ai couldnt differentiate between friend foe gunfire in a battle; or it was just a bug. Either way, I like that.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see more, I still question why this doesn't have multiplayer but overall I'm looking forward to seeing the cast of characters and who's who in this game.

It's the developers first large scale AAA console game in over a decade. They also weren't know for MP games in the past and are much smaller than Sony's other major first party developers. Probably more than they wanted to attempt on this game.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the moment around 3:19 when the horde attacks during a shootout is scripted or part of the emergent systems

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck those fire effects look so good. I also wanted to see more freaker vs humans Vs animals so it is cool to see this.

26th can't come soon enough.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
I like how they showed the various systems at play. I do not like the janky shooting and terrible hit detection. The driving looks pretty fun though. Some of this should have been in trailers as it really helps sell the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Nice that was a lot more gameplay than what I was expecting. Really liking the enemy vs.enemy interactions, I didn't know that animals would take part too. I wonder if the animals will attack each other. Like can I bring a pack of runners against a rager bear?

jobboy

Mar 24, 2018
It really fares well but i definitely can see istances where framerate stutters all over the place... damn it

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the moment around 3:19 when the horde attacks during a shootout is scripted or part of the emergent systems
They talked a lot about wanting the game to be unpredictable because of all the small systems interacting so safe to say that wasn't scripted.
Nice that was a lot more gameplay than what I was expecting. Really liking the enemy vs.enemy interactions, I didn't know that animals would take part too. I wonder if the animals will attack each other. Like can I bring a pack of runners against a rager bear?
Very possible. After all freakers attack eachother depending on the size or type. Adult freakers attack child freakers and the big steroid ones attack the adult freakers in return. Safe to say the animals will do the same.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Going to guess because Bend isn't a huge studio and this game is already WAY beyond anything they've ever done. A proper MP would probably require more time, more people and more money to the budget. Otherwise we'd get a tacked on half-assed MP experience that would only serve to bring down the entire overall game.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Going to guess because Bend isn't a huge studio and this game is already WAY beyond anything they've ever done. A proper MP would probably require more time, more people and more money to the budget. Otherwise we'd get a tacked on half-assed MP experience that would only serve to bring down the entire overall game.
I would have been unhappy with a rushed mp yes but look at UC2.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The animations are still janky but oh well

I love the bike gameplay tho, looks fun

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
Looks so good! I hope we have lots of random events like that car on fire. The world really seems alive and dangerous.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Pretty sure this will be very big. I for one have been craving for such a game since Dead Rising

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Among the Infamous Februrary 2019 line-up of WHO WILL FLINCH (Anthem, Crackdown 3, and Days Gone), the one that flinched and looked the least interesting to me is the one that now has my attention after the disappointment of the other two. I think I'll go in with low expectations and that should make for a good time.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any gameplay showing examples of stuff like this from the 2016 demo?

g2fqkvy.gif

Specifically:
- Interactive environmental traps that can slow down the horde
- Spots you can dive/crouch through to gain some breathing room
- Environmental melee kills
- The infected crashing through windows to swarm into interiors of buildings

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
frankly, this looks better than i thought, there seems to be some cool systems going on in this game...i think i am on board now, this game could literally be a cool ride.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Every game doesn't need multiplayer. Let them focus on getting their single player polished and working well with all those complex systems at work.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This new gameplay looks outstanding. As someone who lives around the same type of geography, I'm very excited for this.