• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Anarchy Reigns
I loved it.
I hope someone at Platinum/Sega will bring something on those lines one day.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Sony never ported Puppeteer to the PS4, gorgeous game that would have looked brilliant in higher resolutions and hopefully done much better on a new system that needed games.

At least we'll be able to emulate it eventually.

The entire OP is filled with games Sony considers a disappointment sales wise, it's no wonder that they didn't sequelize any of them.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
f21df452a87f991b002347f789dcbbbcdf3f5ebf.jpg

Obligatory:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Binary Domain deserves better, in some aspects is better than gears for me

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5DTwR2j.jpg

Original title that did some interesting things with the action/loot genre. I would have liked to see them continue the story as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
btw, while i don't consider Asura's Wrath to be good enough to have a sequel (but thats just me), the character is incredible popular and very well designed within Capcom fandom. I don't expect a sequel for that game (unless they drop the QTE mechanics and go full hack n' slash or beat em'up), but i wish Asura showed in MVCI or any Capcom crossover. He's great

I'd settle for the first game being BC on the Xbox One and fixing the screen tearing (which was pretty bad in places). Its one of my favourite Capcom games of last gen (I notice Remember Me was mentioned as well, another under rated game)

Anarchy Reigns
I loved it.
I hope someone at Platinum/Sega will bring something on those lines one day.

Also agreed on this one. Its a game I got really heavily into when doing higher difficulty and achievement runs. Its not perfect, but I really enjoyed it when I got into it.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I got Folklore back at launch and still haven't got around to playing it for more than 2 hours. I really should get on that.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Some SWERY love here...

d0f4a46a9e280230c81972a6c25b3bf647cfe7f6c3167bbc4eb607c8aba3d6d0_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Deadly Premonition could have worked really well as an anthology series, though it at least ends on a solid note. Unlike...

capsule_616x353.jpg

Mark my words, this is the next Shenmue 3, at least in terms of cult fandom demand. At least I hope it is. Sadly it stands basically no chance of being finished and honestly it's the biggest reason I'm salty at Microsoft to this day, though Access Games seems to have had a hand in it too.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MAG
I really wish Song would have brought this back in the PS4 era. The series had potential.

Oct 31, 2017
Nothing comes to mind from the HD era but the SD one ? I would go with Chaos Legion: gothic visuals, crazy metal soundtrack, summons and Squall as the main character :D I was always surprised this never got a sequel.

Folklore had one of the most beautiful and interesting art direction and gameplay in the last generation, sadly it didn't sell enough to assure a sequel... or else this could have turned into an amazing franchise.

I played the demo a long time ago and I remember the gameplay being quite repetitive already. It did look great though.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Mark my words, this is the next Shenmue 3, at least in terms of cult fandom demand. At least I hope it is. Sadly it stands basically no chance of being finished and honestly it's the biggest reason I'm salty at Microsoft to this day, though Access Games seems to have had a hand in it too.

Great choice but D4 is nowhere near Shenmue in terms of cult fandom demand.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it counts since it's not an original IP, but Shadowrun 2007. A sequel to this without the baggage of the original, more content, and maybe even a campaign could have been awesome.

DsJEOse.jpg

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Asura's Wrath. I'd love to see a follow up but obviously with more gameplay. If it followed a GoW template, it would be huge.

Lollipop Chainsaw. I figured we would have had a sequel at this point.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Binary Domain and Vanquish are the two that immediately come to mind.

My third choice (that violates the rules of the OP since it's a reboot technically) is the Syndicate FPS.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Seeing so many of my favorite games from last gen in here stings a bit. Many of these games definitely deserved to sell better than they did

Oct 26, 2017
Another vote for Binary Domain, supremely satisfying TPS action. The way your gunfire chips the enemies to pieces is sublime.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Technically a reboot/spiritual sequel to True Crime.

/pedant

Not at all.

It was an original game, then Activision realized they had this unused True Crime licensed lying around so they thought they'd make use of that, blow up the scale of the game and compete with GTA. Then when they realized that wasn't working they canned the game. Then SE picked it up and released it as an original IP. The game only briefly had anything to do with True Crime.

Anyway it's def this because it's a crime that Sleeping Dogs never got a sequel. Also Binary Domain was pretty neato. Sequel why not?

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of UFG, a Modnation Racers sequel would probably have been more interesting than LittleBigPlanet Karting

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all.

It was an original game, then Activision realized they had this unused True Crime licensed lying around so they thought they'd make use of that, blow up the scale of the game and compete with GTA. Then when they realized that wasn't working they canned the game. Then SE picked it up and released it as an original IP. The game only briefly had anything to do with True Crime.

Anyway it's def this because it's a crime that Sleeping Dogs never got a sequel. Also Binary Domain was pretty neato. Sequel why not?

Sure felt like a True Crime game in a lot of aspects