• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
2080 is 11.2 TFlops on practice (10 is on base clocks which the card almost never go down to).

Also RDNA1 flops are somewhat comparable to Turing flops, the delta is much smaller than it was between GCN and Maxwell/Pascal/Turing, RDNA should be at around +10% or so to Turing flops to provide similar gaming performance.
Interesting. AMD seems to be finally catching up.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. AMD seems to be finally catching up.
Switching from 64-wide to 32-wide execution with 1/4th of minimal latency would do that. They've also caught up on flop/transistor though so it's an obvious trade off between higher efficiency or higher peak throughput.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its either this or if were really lucky 499/399/299. No way there will be a $100 difference between Series X and Series S, the S would be pointless

Let me tell you about the Xbox 360 Core sku. Only $100 less yet it lacked a hard drive and many other features. There is precedence for stupid launch skus.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
My guess is at launch we are getting

Series X @ $499
Series S @ $399

Main difference being the GPU so it keeps ram and CPU exactly the same. S could be a white console too to help seperate similar to how the current X and S don't share colour.
If you have 4TF GPU targeting 1080p ~ 1440p, you don't need 4K target textures and thus you need less RAM.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah but developers like to use RAM for everything, not just textures character models , animations shadow effects

They will complain
You are confusing things. They are not going to give S games more complex animation etc than X games. S doesn't need as much RAM as X due to target resolution. See XBox One for example.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You are confusing things. They are not going to give S games more complex animation etc than X games. S doesn't need as much RAM as X due to target resolution. See XBox One for example.
I know they still gonna complain, i read they are already complaining because lockheart is much less powerful .
There gonna make games for both anyways :^P

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
It's not about being dumb. Get real man. This console is throwing punches with high end PC's that costs thousands of dollars to build. It's obviously targeted at enthusiast, adult gamers. I mean just look at the design, the name. Little Timmy is not the target audience here.
For adult gamers like me with more disposable income, 50$ or 100$ over 500$ is still a pretty good price point for this kind of machine.

Thousands of dollars? I could build a OC with a 2080 TI for less than two grand easily

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure if they can risk pricing this thing anything over $499. MS can't afford to give Sony the easy upper hand again
If Lockhart is cheaper than PS5 I'm not sure that the Series X price point matters. As someone who has worked in ecommerce at some big companies I've seen the disparity between the enhanced consoles and the base ones being around 5:1 in sales (or more if there's sales on the base model).

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I know they still gonna complain, i read they are already complaining because lockheart is much less powerful .
There gonna make games for both anyways :^P
MS already said they are forcing devs to support XBO with next gen games for some time. Downtuning graphics for Series S will be trivial to what devs have to do for XBO SKUs.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
You got a quote to back to that claim? Because it doesn't sound believable.

I have never heard of a console making demanding third parties continue to support their old console.
YouTube Spencer interview with IGN (orGS?) the night of reveal. This has been reported by multiple outlets. And I agree with you. It's not gonna be successful.