• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngmnYih89uY

The Gran Turismo 7 July Update: Three New Cars, Including Classic Race Cars

The following is a list of contents included in the Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.19 released on July 28, 2022:

1. Three new cars, including the winner of the 2014 Gran Turismo Trophy, will be added.

Porsche 918 Spyder '13

Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84

Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54

2. "Shikoku" and "Tomica Town" will be featured Curations in Scapes.

Pictures: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3380676.html

Last edited:

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Yes please. Got into it again a few weeks ago and did all the circuit experience for Glen Watkins and WIllow Springs. So good!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
R30 Super Silhouette and a Porsche 918?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The cars in the update :

nissan-skyline-rs-turbo-super-silhouette-1982.jpg

Nissan RS Turbo Skyline Super Silhouette 1982, not in a GT since GT2

ob_e4a186_maserati-a6gcs-53-fantuzzi-spyder-1953.jpg

Maseratti A6GCS Spyder, won a GT Award in 2014.

Last one is more difficult to spot. Porsche maybe ?

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Ive been playing GT7 the past week and Im not too sure how these DLC cars work... can you unlock them through races?

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Ive been playing GT7 the past week and Im not too sure how these DLC cars work... can you unlock them through races?
You buy them with credits in game. They go into the new car, used cars or legend car dealer sections. The price can vary a lot depending on the car of course. I've managed to get all the DLC cars so far I think.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, always up for more cars ! I hope they will add more classic GT tracks in the future.
My main objective right now is to get the Pikes Peak Escudo but it doesn't want to show up in the shop !

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Question for those who've played more than me. I'm less than 5 hours into the game, played it a bit at launch but had plenty of other stuff on my plate. If I pop in now is it going to be swarmed with stuff or is it still just "progress as you can" through the circuits?

Nov 12, 2017
Been back playing the ever loving snot out of it today absolutely love this game! It may end up one of the best GT's in sometime!

Question for those who've played more than me. I'm less than 5 hours into the game, played it a bit at launch but had plenty of other stuff on my plate. If I pop in now is it going to be swarmed with stuff or is it still just "progress as you can" through the circuits?

I just hopped back in after some months and it's still progress at your own pace and is even better for it with some additions you'll be fine!

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, people excited about new cars in these update threads make me think I must be doing something wrong when it comes to credits.

I look at these cars and estimate their costs on how many WTC 800 Sardegna events I'll have to win to afford them.
Ive found that circuit experience is one of the best and fastest ways to get lots of credits if you are quick enough to get gold. I think the nurburgring one gave me 6 million or so.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
In the far distant future I look forward to being able to get the R30 Super Silhouette.

New cars still lining up with that big leak from a while back?

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't have a problem with the credits at the moment. Just chugging along the circuit experience and the cafe menus gives a very decent amount of money to buy some crazy cars. I just don't go for the 8Millions+ cars and it's fine, I don't even have to grind (for now).

Plus, the number of cars the game gives you is pretty insane, there's plenty to do.
I saw recently that they added some 1h endurance races. The rewards are good but no way I'm doing that :D

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
In the far distant future I look forward to being able to get the R30 Super Silhouette.

New cars still lining up with that big leak from a while back?
Yeah, all 3 were in the datamine.

Yeah, people excited about new cars in these update threads make me think I must be doing something wrong when it comes to credits.

I look at these cars and estimate their costs on how many WTC 800 Sardegna events I'll have to win to afford them.
I suggest entering the time trials that happen every couple weeks, silver is always generally easy to obtain and gives you a million (2m if you get gold, but it is harder)

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Ive found that circuit experience is one of the best and fastest ways to get lots of credits if you are quick enough to get gold. I think the nurburgring one gave me 6 million or so.
I've completed the cafe and done all circuit experiences (60%-ish gold, rest bronze). But I went for the platinum, and that meant spending 30m just on 7 trophy-related cars. Other than that I bought about 3~4 random cars below 2m each and... that's it, that's all the credits I got from those modes.

I don't see how to realistically make more to afford 2m+ cars without doing these events, considering I was getting 50k-ish for placing midpack in a 20min online race.

FlipCup8822

Nov 25, 2018
I am so confused and torn. Some people seem to be happy with GT7 and the content. Others seem to hate it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I am so confused and torn. Some people seem to be happy with GT7 and the content. Others seem to hate it.
I still haven't finished the game after 6 months lol. but it varies some people will burn through some of it if you just settle for low finishes and people who actually want wins or play online etc prob will enjoy it.
I'm enjoying it after 100 hours in.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The progression is pretty bad, as is the economy. The AI is also as bad as it ever was.

However outside of that the actual driving is great, runs great, and you can probably find something to like in it, be it online or specific types of events or challenges.
Pretty sure you don't, I think I did the first one before having PS+.
I will go looking then. I tried doing one of the limited event things a while back and it required a sub so I haven't messed with it since.

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
I wish I could get excited about these updates, but it seems like most new cars just go to the "legendary" section. I can't imagine ever having enough credits to try out more than one or two cars in that category.

Would really like an update with reasonably priced low- or mid-tier cars from the GT4 days…

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
I wish I could get excited about these updates, but it seems like most new cars just go to the "legendary" section. I can't imagine ever having enough credits to try out more than one or two cars in that category.

Would really like an update with reasonably priced low- or mid-tier cars from the GT4 days…
You must have missed the cappuccino, what a cutie :D

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice selection of cars but the "hidden" changes these updates bring interest me more than anything. The June update brought the 360 degree chase cam that wasn't mentioned anywhere, hoping this update has equally cool stuff in it.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
This game needs so much more content. The end game is either sardegna or Tokyo expressway. I think interlagos has a whopping one event on it.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
I've completed the cafe and done all circuit experiences (60%-ish gold, rest bronze). But I went for the platinum, and that meant spending 30m just on 7 trophy-related cars. Other than that I bought about 3~4 random cars below 2m each and... that's it, that's all the credits I got from those modes.

I don't see how to realistically make more to afford 2m+ cars without doing these events, considering I was getting 50k-ish for placing midpack in a 20min online race.
Have you got gold in the one hour endurance races? Nice payouts.

Also worth trying to turn some of those circuit experience bronzes into golds as the credits are much much higher.

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
And here I am still waiting for the pre-race weather forecast feature that is referenced in the cafe menus, pre-race driver conversations and the in-game manual (and which IIRC was also shown in pre-release streams) but doesn't actually exist in-game...

(And no, I don't mean the weather radar. I mean an actual forecast for the duration of the race so you can plan ahead, shown in the pre-race screen).

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
And here I am still waiting for the pre-race weather forecast feature that is referenced in the cafe menus, pre-race driver conversations and the in-game manual (and which IIRC was also shown in pre-release streams) but doesn't actually exist in-game...

(And no, I don't mean the weather radar. I mean an actual forecast for the duration of the race so you can plan ahead, shown in the pre-race screen).
Yeah, it is baffling. I hope they are working on a huge patch for all kinds of improvements in the background, adding cars and tracks is only secondary to me at the moment.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Can't you access this via the start screen?
Agreed about the weather though.
Which one is that one again?

The feature I'm talking about is supposed to be located in the last screen you see before hitting the "start race" button actually begins the race. It should be one of the R1-L1 navigable tabs and as far as I can tell it's just not there.

Dull Request

alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2022
Just checking with people in the loop, have they "fixed" Sport mode yet so you don't have to buy the full range of tyres for each car you want to race in Sport?

I loved GT Sport because it was so easy to pick a car, a lobby and get racing but having to buy upgrades that cost in-game money purely to enter casual lobbies is so dumb.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
How about some HUD customization? Unless I've missed some menu, they're exactly the same as Sports. If you want a clean screen and the map, you'll take the whole drivers names and flags and you'll like it.