• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The thing to note is that Gundam Breaker 3 New Gundam Breaker is the one that's coming to PC. Gundam VS series games, as of right now, can only be emulated on PC (PSP, PS3) and the ones that are playable in this manner are all Japanese language only. The most recent games, after a long disappearance, finally started coming to english again with VS Force (Vita) and Gundam Versus (PS4). There was a leak like over a year ago from Best Buy that something might happen with Versus on PC, but then nothing happened. **Existential Crisis**

That aside:

Both series have a single player component. GB is just as heavily multiplayer focused as a VS game, perhaps even more - because of the loot focus.

The important distinction is that VS series is the one that actually has the compelling gameplay, and isn't just about building a thing (the highlight) and then bashing your thing awkwardly against other things like the GB series (the lowlight).

Footage of Gundam Breaker 3

Footage from the most recent VS game, DLC: *Yes, you can turn the voices off if that's not your thing*

Thank you for the detailed response. I used to watch Gundam but it sounds like both games are multiplayer focused so they might not be for me.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
That's certainly what it was called when I played the demo.
Yup, looks like that's the official name:
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/2...stands-new-global-development-new-ways-fight/
What's the reason of going with New Gundam Breaker instead of Gundam Breaker 4?
Usui: Actually, Gundam Breaker is popular in Asia, to the point where Gundam games practically sell the most in Asia these days. Furthermore, this time we'll be releasing it worldwide, including North America and Europe. So in a sense, that's where the "New" comes from.

Daisuke Fukugawa, Director: Again, New Gundam Breaker completely changes the way it is played. Gundam Breaker has had co-op with its single-player being the main attraction, where you could simply have a friend join in and play together. The cooperative aspect won't be changing in Gundam Breaker, but this time you'll get to participate in 3v3 battles. Of course you'll also get to play alone, but we're making its battles shine more by allowing up to six people to participate.

Usui: When you hear about battles and versus, you might associate it with other Gundam games, but we're making a clear distinction for it. To put it very simply, it's like Sports Day. A theme is presented, and as you go along with the theme you score points for your team. Those are the points you'll compete with.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do these games have a model viewer for the mobile suits. I'd actually buy the game just for that. Especially if they allow you to set up dioramas.

Nov 15, 2017
Why does Namco continue to deny me Versus.
Pissing me off too, fam. Getting real sick of that bullshit.
I used to watch Gundam but it sounds like both games are multiplayer focused so they might not be for me.
Breaker is far less difficult to pick up and master. Gundam Versus is, for all intents and purposes, a fighting game. It's easy to pick up and learn how to play, but it's very difficult to master.