• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
2deba846-43fd-4b9d-a1cb-9f377c6de3ee.jpg

The announcement video went up through their Youtube early giving us the first glimpse at the set which is basically sounding like a return to the first Hearthstone expansion "Goblins vs Gnomes" with an emphasis on new Mech cards and some crazy new ideas.

Edit: Official Announcement video:

Cards:
The card reveals begin officially on July 23rd but a couple cards were shown to tease some of the ideas and mechanics of the set. Magnetic is the keyword which requires you to have another Mech on the field but allows the card to be played as a spell on to Mechs. They have also introduced Legendary spells into the mix (outside of Quest cards).
23a90842-9464-4230-8051-38734c92519e.png

For Magnetic in this case, if you have another Mech in play, you can give that Mech +2/+2 and Deathrattle instead of playing Spider Bomb as a creature.
807657fa-cea0-485a-8fb1-4a76ecc3b50d.png

3fe0fdc7-23c3-4ed5-8d8f-a759ec79bfed.png

8b2402a2-8ce4-4f1d-bb96-d2db1179d770.png

856296f7-b2e1-4357-916b-d297905289be.png

The standard 50-pack preorder will return along side a new 80-pack preorder which will include a Golden Legendary and Mecha-Jaraxus as an alternate Hero portrait for Warlock.

Maximize 17 damage to the face if old.

Sources:
https://dotesports.com/the-op/hearthstone/news/boomsday-project-next-expansion-30821

https://dotesports.com/the-op/hearthstone/news/boomsday-project-first-cards-30823

Last edited:

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
So magnetic means I have to have another mech in play when the deathrattle triggers?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So magnetic means I have to have another mech in play when the deathrattle triggers?

Naa, it means if you have already have a mech out when you play the magnetic card, the magnetic card's stats and effects (deathrattle etc) are added to that mech instead of the magnetic card actually being played as its own creature.

OP
OP
DaiJyoubs

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
OOPS! I was wrong. It's actually cooler. If you have a Mech in play, the card with Magnetic can be played as a Spell. If you play Spider Bomb with another Mech in play, you can instead give that other Mech card +2/+2 and the Deathrattle. I'll edit the OP.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Boom 2.0 huh, let's see how they make him standout.

(Maybe it's the Hero Card of the set)

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That magnetic mechanic is really cool. I wonder how hard would be to keep a mech alive

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I don't play Hearthstone anymore but it's a game I enjoy I watch other play, especially when they try "meme" decks rather than the same netdecks everyone else is playing.

edit: I didn't catch that the name's "Boomsday", not "Doomsday".

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new mechanics but I really don't like the idea of locking an alternative hero to an 80$ preorder bonus :/

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I like the new mechanics but I really don't like the idea of locking an alternative hero to an 80$ preorder bonus :/

At this point, is better than locking it out from a service that is only avaliable in a handful of countries or a limited time event that is exclusive to a particular OS

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Like the Magnetic mechanic, its like a way less annoying version of Magic's bestow from Nyx

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last year I stopped playing Heartstone and recently I started playing Android Netrunner. Even if it's dying, Netrunner is just sooo good. Heartstone turned to shit imo

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Weird that you can get both pre-orders if you want to. Not sure if they've shown price yet, but basically if you buy both pre-orders, you get 130 packs, 2 golden legendaries, the card back and warlock hero, as well as the random legendary and 3 card packs you get just for logging in when it goes live.

More miffed that the new hero is another damn warlock, like I'm not seeing that enough in the meta as it is.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Last year I stopped playing Heartstone and recently I started playing Android Netrunner. Even if it's dying, Netrunner is just sooo good. Heartstone turned to shit imo

that's why i am amped for garfields third gem (magic, netrunner and now valve's artifact)

need a real, deep CCG to play. HS is little more than those mobile gatcha wheels at this point

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that's why i am amped for garfields third gem (magic, netrunner and now valve's artifact)

need a real, deep CCG to play. HS is little more than those mobile gatcha wheels at this point
wait what richard garfield is working on Valve's Artifact?? wow nice, do we know if it's only going to be digital or will there be real cards to buy?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
wait what richard garfield is working on Valve's Artifact?? wow nice, do we know if it's only going to be digital or will there be real cards to buy?

Garfield said after trying to put Magic online many years ago that the game won't really work online. It'll always be too start-and-stop to be smooth like it is IRL.

He has since (13+ years I think) been working on a digital-ONLY CCG with real depth and balance. 4 years ago he brought this design to Valve, and he has been working on it for them - Artifact.

It is not F2P, so you'll probably have to buy a starter set or something. Individual cards can be bought and sold through Steam marketplace.

It is my most anticipated video game at the moment. Looks amazing.