• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
Someone data mined like 20 of these unused hint arts and figured it would be for DLC... but I guess it's for social media instead. Cool way for them to keep talking about the game and potentially get people to check back in to the game though

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Someone data mined like 20 of these unused hint arts and figured it would be for DLC... but I guess it's for social media instead. Cool way for them to keep talking about the game and potentially get people to check back in to the game though
I actually went back & checked and noticed that the image that Nintendo tweeted is slightly different than the one found via datamining. There was a moon in the datamined picture, but just a "X" in the one that Nintendo posted. Comparison's sake (top right picture):
super-mario-odyssey-hint-art.jpg

Someone mentioned in another thread that the kanji in the top left possibly means "temporary" so these could've just been prototypes.

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I kind of feel like with this, the Luigi DLC, and the interviews, they're pretty set in stone about not releasing any further DLC moons...

Shame because while the game was fun, I felt most moons were too easy and never actually offered any variety in getting them. Once I got the "actually do a level" moons in the game, I haven't had much else reason to go back..

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
THE YEAR OF LUIGI LIVES ON!

(It actually is the 35th anniversary this year)

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Looks like that visual programming interface thing so it must be a col-Labo-ration. Make your own papercraft level and rc Mario.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
So do all the other datamined hints also have an 8-Bit Luigi at this point? Or do we need to wait for another patch?