• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to be fucking MASSIVE lol. I get the sense this is a 2021 game.

It's def not coming anytime soon. They're a super small team and Silksong is supposed to be bigger and have all new enemy types and content.

HK was announced and kickstarted in 2014 with a beta in 2015.

Game actually came out in Feb 2017.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It's def not coming anytime soon. They're a super small team and Silksong is supposed to be bigger and have all new enemy types and content.

And they've been working on Silksong ever since with all that experience under their belt, and with some of the concepting and such being done even before HK's release considering this was originally gonna be a DLC for it. One of the areas in Silksong is even a scrapped area from Hollow Knight that they probably salvaged a lot from.

Idk, I understand that Team Cherry is a very small team but you'd have thought that HK and its free dlc releases would take longer than they did from that info alone. They work extremely fast for such a small team, and when they say they already have more enemies and music made than HK launched with, it doesn't sound like it still has over a year left to go, especially with how polished the E3 demo was. I'll be fine with it if it really does take that long, of course, but I'm optimistic for a Summer or early Fall release.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Both sample tracks are gorgeous. I'm looking forward to this game more than anything revealed or rumored for next gen. Can't wait... but I will wait as long as Team Cherry feel they need to work on it.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The volume of content was something the original Hollow Knight was constantly praised for. It wouldn't surprise me if this was late 2020 or early 2021 assuming Team Cherry tries to aggressively outdo what they delivered in the original.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hollow knight was one of the most magical experiences I had with a game, they have earned so much damn trust for me. Y'all take your time, you earned every bit of love you get

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The sample tracks are fantastic, as was to be expected given the gorgeous music in the original Hollow Knight. Team Cherry can take as long as they want to polish Silk Song up. I'm expecting nothing but greatness. As far as I'm concerned they created the best Metroidvania game ever made with the original Hollow Knight.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this shit is so good. Honestly 2020 is so packed already, I'd be ok with them just doing an early 2021 release

Nov 8, 2017
One of the best parts about Hollow Knight was how atmospheric it was and this music nailed it just as well. Can't wait to see how they've improved on the formula and more tracks like these aren't making the wait easier.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Both fantastic tracks, can't wait for the game! I love the first track Lace especially, and the more melancholy Bonebottom track gives me Joe Hisaishi/Miyazaki vibes. Really nice.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Lace is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I'm not surprised that there's still a ways to go, keep up the great work Team Cherry!

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017

Which is frankly absurd, I still don't understand how that game was developed with a team of 2-3 people in basically under 3 years.

But yeah, I don't really expect it to hit in 2020. Godmaster DLC came out at the end of August last year so it probably doesn't have much more than a year of development time at this point.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Which is frankly absurd, I still don't understand how that game was developed with a team of 2-3 people in basically under 3 years.

But yeah, I don't really expect it to hit in 2020. Godmaster DLC came out at the end of August last year so it probably doesn't have much more than a year of development time at this point.
Game has been in dev for almost 3 years now.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
WOW! This is just beyond my expectations. Hollow Knight was already my Game of the Generation, and this is shaping up to exceed it in every way.

Sometimes I wonder if their small team actually enables more depth and cohesiveness than if they were a larger group. What they achieve is simply mind-boggling.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Bonebottom is absolutely beautiful. Hollow Knight had an amazing soundtrack, and I'm extremely pleased to see this will follow suit. God, I can't wait for this damn game.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Game has been in dev for almost 3 years now.
I'm sure it technically has since it was originally going to be DLC that was announced way back in the Kickstarter, but I sincerely doubt any major work was done on the game envisioned as a full fledged sequel until later last year. They were working on ports to multiple consoles and producing multiple DLCs of content after Hollow Knight's initial release.

If they can get it out next year I wouldn't be too surprised because it's Team Cherry after all, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
They haven't commented on other platforms besides Switch and PC, right? I assume it will come to PS4/PS5 at some point. I'll probably just play through it twice like I did with HK (once on Switch, once on PS4).

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I'm adding this to my pile of "games I'm really looking forward to but are too far in the future for me to get on the hype train yet" along with Metroid Prime 4.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to have an update, although the game still seems quite a ways off.

Those music tracks are incredible.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Bonebottom....good Lord, beautiful T_T
Team Cherry earned my day 1 purchase, which is something I very rarely do.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's funny that if this comes holiday 2020 it'll be easily the best launch game for next gen consoles

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the two tracks they showed. Makes me want to play the sequel even more. Actually I thinking about replaying the original.

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
Shouldn't have opened this thread, I finally manged to start working on my backlog and now all I can think of is replaying Hollow Knight again

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot match a lot of instruments on how they look or what they are called; but that cello (or something I believe it to be) in Bonebottom between 00:52 - 01:30 really feels like a surface of water trying to hold back when wind blows over it and then needles are walking on water with each one generating a ripple, then something in the water becomes clearer between the ripples..a remembrance to the city of tears.