• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/10...orizon-zero-dawns-the-frozen-wilds-expansion/

Alongside the three existing skill trees is the new Traveller category that look set to streamline certain parts of the game. You can unlock the Mounted Pickup skill, which is pretty self explanatory, the ability to scrap items yourself and turn them into Shards, instead of having to visit a vendor each time, increase the chances of finding rare gear, and so on. It can culminate in the ability to perform a Dismount Strike, with Aloy leaping from the back of her mount to deal a lot of damage to an enemy.

Talking to him is a fine opportunity to see that Guerrilla have tried to make their conversations look more dynamic and engaging. As one of my main complaints of the main game, it's great to see them address this going forward, perhaps aided by the narrower scope of this expansion – that said, it's still aiming to be at least 15 hours, with tons of new side quests alongside the main narrative threads. It's a shame, but entirely understandable that this added polish and refinement is only applicable for the new expansion.

One thing to try and get people to engage more with the side quests are improved rewards, so that you can earn new weapons, gear upgrades and new outfits from completing quests as opposed to simply buying them. Additionally, where certain activities return from the original game, they've been given a new twist wherever possible. Encountering a Tallneck in this region doesn't see Aloy simply trying to climb up to its top, but tasks her with trying to salvage the derelict of a fallen machine that's being torn apart by machines reclaiming its carcass. You'll have to defeat or avoid those robots to reach the Tallneck's head, but once you get there, you'll need to have found parts to get it working again before you can trigger its region revealing pulse.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...zen-wilds-dlc-definitely-isnt-endgame-content

The Frozen Wilds makes some more subtle changes, too. The developers stress that conversations now feature better mo-cap and more dynamic camera work - although this only applies to the expansion's chats, sadly. The snow in the new area looks better too, emulating something of the bewitching sparkle of Journey's sand.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaand they have improved the water with the latest patch. The water looks and moves awesome now.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
BETTER MOCAP?! How is that even possible. It was already amazing.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Will buy this over Christmas to fit the wintry theme, currently going through a NG+, loving it.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to wait and replay Horizon when this drops, but I'm assuming there is no point, right? Nothing from this expansion affects the base game?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I really love how GG is not only learning from their mistakes but making fixes in quick response. Even things in the original game like issues with selling items were fixed through patches in short form. This expansion looks like they took a lot of the bigger criticisms to heart and have really done a bang up job of addressing them. This bodes incredibly well for the full on sequel down the road.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just preordered today after seeing Sunhi's trailer. Got the platinum the first time around and I'm ready to jump back in.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man...horizon just did not click with me. Maybe I'm playing it the wrong way but I just keep dying and everything seems so hectic in combat

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I haven't yet started this game yet and will wait for the expansion before I fire it up.

Without spoilers, will FW be seamless integrated into the main game, or is it a selectable chapter (a la RE7) to be played separately?

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day one. One area I hated about horizon though was the loot, it was poor IMO. Made exploration pointless. Hope guerilla improved it

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to this even though I probably won't be there day 1 as I thought it was a mid November release, not the 7th and I doubt I'll be done with AC.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I did not expect it to be that long. This is a pleasant surprise. I am very excited for the complete edition. It looks like I am in for a real treat.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
15 hours for an expansion sounds pretty good. A bit sad the refinements in dynamic camera work won't carry back to the main game.

prosperoust

Oct 30, 2017
Emeryville, CA
Great to hear it's 15hrs. Super stoked on this release, I really go back and forth on whether I might have actually liked this more than Breath of the Wild...

HHGaming

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any idea if you suppose to do this after completing the game or can start it any time even if you are low level?
I lost my savefile i think for the game =/

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this separate from the main campaign or like Mass Effect where you engage in the DLC throughout the campaign?

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
15 hours sounds pretty good for me. Can't wait for it next week. Had it preordered since June.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
This game man, such a work of passion. I'm not in love with it, but I love everything it represents.

Will buy the DLC, surely.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice! Has increased my hype!

Any idea if you suppose to do this after completing the game or can start it any time even if you are low level?
I lost my savefile i think for the game =/

Guerilla said it's aimed at mid to late game. Around level 30.

*Runs to the PS4 Pro*

Don't get TOO excited. They added a pretty decent little shader effect to simulate water interactivity when wading through it, which is way better than the nothing they had before. But other than that it appears to be identical.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever fix that terrible camera and how it constantly switched between your left and right shoulder.

No joke, got really nauseous the first couple hours.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!

While I'm in this thread hopefully someone can help me. I tried replaying the story (new game +) with the hardest difficulty but I no longer have the time to finish it with other games on my plate and life.

Is there a way to find my old save and load it back up?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a water comparison gif?

Just consider that before the water displayed zero movement when wading through it before.

Here's how it is now:
38058075611_cab9ceedff_o.gif

It's not like they totally revamped the water. They just added this effect when going through it. But it's a lot better than the zero interaction we had before at least.