• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the few people who have The House of the Dead on Sega Saturn and while I'm proud to own it my god is the framerate horrible. As much as I hope for new House of the Dead it's simply not going to happen on anything modern, the only system that could even technically do it is the Switch so my hope for this in the home market is basically non-existent.

Last month I sold my Saturn mint copy on eBay for a small mint! I loved House of the Dead. I still have a PS2 copy of Vampire Night which was the same AM1 development team it if I remember correctly. Confidential Mission on the Dreamcast was also a blast.
Looking forward to playing the new game.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
IIRC, devs have the option to provide a different viewpoint for the passthrough image on the flatscreen, thus negating your concern.

I was not aware of this, and that's good. However, we don't know whether the PS4 powerful enough to maintain 60fps for both viewpoints.

You can leave it upto the players using WAN to decide if lag is acceptable.

If the devs can't get it to work acceptably, it would never get that far =\

However, LAN symmetrical multi-player would be awesome. I remember playing Wipeout, using two PSX and two huge CRTs back in the day, and that was worth it.

The PS2 versions of Time Crisis 2 and 3 also had this feature, just like the arcade version did =)

As much as I hope for new House of the Dead it's simply not going to happen on anything modern, the only system that could even technically do it is the Switch so my hope for this in the home market is basically non-existent.

I don't see how it's technically possible on Switch; in my eyes, PS4 is the only way it could be done right now (using Move controllers).

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Australia, no D&B here.
We still have a handful of arcades around, I'll keep an eye out for it if I see it but most places are ticket redemption/prize machines now.
There's a time crisis 5 at playtime in melbourne crown I think. But yeah our arcades are fucking garbage now. going to japan and seeing all the good shit really bummed me out

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
There's a time crisis 5 at playtime in melbourne crown I think. But yeah our arcades are fucking garbage now. going to japan and seeing all the good shit really bummed me out
If it's any consolation, the family that owns Timezone is trying to bring back arcades in a big way, apparently. Hopefully it's more focus on being an adult past time and bang out than the extremes of drug den or daycare.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...-malls-seek-to-entertain-20170131-gu27w9.html

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Is this being developed in-house by Sega of Japan? I liked House of the Dead Overkill a lot, Headstrong games did a great job with it. But a new HoTD from SOJ would be awesome.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Not a joke post. Please look at the first picture with the (clipping) zombies.

I am a fan of the series.

For the most part, for the last several decades, clipping isn't a performance factor, it's an artistic attention factor. It's not as if we have a lot of physics + IK for all objects in a scene implemented yet (or any that I'm aware of).

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I am fully behind this. Like, 10,000%.
I felt so lucky for a chance to a play through Time Crisis 5: True Mastermind Edition at a nearby arcade. I can only hope this comes near me, too.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm one of the few people who have The House of the Dead on Sega Saturn and while I'm proud to own it my god is the framerate horrible. As much as I hope for new House of the Dead it's simply not going to happen on anything modern, the only system that could even technically do it is the Switch so my hope for this in the home market is basically non-existent.

You know, when I played it as a kid it never bothered me. In fact I used to love slow down from frame rate death in games, it made me feel amazing like I bust the game!