• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ss116tkqa.jpg

ss10bhjgi.jpg

More at: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/...hlight-dissidia-final-fantasy-nts-story-mode/

Reboot if old

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Materia's design is so....overdone and weird. It's jarring especially since Cosmo and Chaos were such great designs. This is unfortunately a step back.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
I know there will always be clipping in OTT character designs, but Cosmos' is especially a strange one given one of the promo shots they release emphasises said clipping with her staff going through her exaggerated sleeve.

I'm curious about the game, but they've done nothing to fill me with hope of a half-decent plot (as far as crossovers go) or beefy single-player mode, so I'm struggling to find any hype for it. It's pretty, I'll give it that.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Materia's design is so....overdone and weird. It's jarring especially since Cosmo and Chaos were such great designs.

Well, according to the FFWIKI
When World B collapsed, everything that still was there was erased from existence, including Cosmos, who was waiting for the inevitable oblivion after Cid's attempts to leave the world together. However, not everything disappeared: her will somehow survived.

This will eventually took form, and thus, Materia was born
The same is most likely true for Spritius. And yes Materia is such an awful design.

The cast, except new people like Noctis, apparently remember everything from Dissidia and their own games.
from a recent Interview google traslated:
Video-Live Games: Last August at Gamescom, you were not yet ready to talk about the story, are you now able to give us some details?
Ichiro HAZAMA: So far, the story in the series of Dissidia is an endless story that involves a war between the gods Chaos and Cosmos. All the heroes and villains of Final Fantasy join their camps to decide, for the umpteenth time, the fate of the world. At the end, all the heroes and villains return to their universe, their own world, and then, in Dissidia NT, they are now recalled to fight in a brand new adventure in the same world where Chaos and Cosmos fought before. However, the two ancient gods are no longer present, so the story focuses on questions such as "Who are the two new characters called Spiritus Materia?" or "Why the Materia Spitiruses once again called these fighters back?" But the big difference between the history of the previous Dissidia and that of Dissidia NT is that in the old opus, the memory of the heroes and wicked was erased and they remembered absolutely nothing when they came to this world. But this time, all the memories and their own story remain in them. Unlike previous games, when they meet for the first time, because they have their own memories of their different stories including those of previous DIssidia, it does not start with a "Hey hi, what's your name?" . No, they already know each other, and that makes a big difference. Of course, there are two new characters appearing in this world for the first time, Noctis of Final Fantasy XV and Y'Shtola of Final Fantasy XIV, we thought of a different way to explain that they have already gone into this world in the past. As a result, players who played the old games (FF XIV and FF XV) can fully appreciate this new perspective of their favorite heroes, but what I really want is for new players to be fully interested in these two new characters and how they get involved in this story. Do you think that does it? (Laughter)
source: https://www.ffdream.com/news-16171.html

Sort of on topic: There will be a new stream in about 8 hours showing off the latest character. Most likely Golbez (hopefully)

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, according to the FFWIKI
When World B collapsed, everything that still was there was erased from existence, including Cosmos, who was waiting for the inevitable oblivion after Cid's attempts to leave the world together. However, not everything disappeared: her will somehow survived.

This will eventually took form, and thus, Materia was born
The same is most likely true for Spritius. And yes Materia is such an awful design.

The cast, except new people like Noctis, apparently remember everything from Dissidia and their own games.
from a recent Interview google traslated:

source: https://www.ffdream.com/news-16171.html

Sort of on topic: There will be a new stream in about 8 hours showing off the latest character. Most likely Golbez (hopefully)

Huh, interesting, I thought NT was a full reboot. The whole Dissidia "continuity" is a bit of a mess to be honest.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Never played a Dissidia game before but huge FF fan. I am terrible at fighting games and althought I have tried multiple time before I don't have the time or skill to get good at them. Recently picked up Injustice 2 and whilst I loved the single player mode I got absolutely hammered every match online.

Does this game require remembering a vast amount of combos and being a pro at beat em ups to be able to have any chance when playing online? Either way will pick it up for single player at some point.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Well, Golbez certainly looks different.
I was worried he didn't have rocks for a second though.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dissidia Final Fantasy: No Tifa

Are they seriously going through with this?

Street Fighter III launches with no Chun Li, fans riot.

King of Fighters XII launches with no Mai, fans riot.

I'm seeing a pattern here.