• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chinner

Oct 25, 2017
Majority of uk retailers still don't know anything, or have any listings up. Kinda annoying.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in another thread that hasn't got much traction, so I thought I'd ask here:

I bought the revised switch, transferred my profile, downloading the digital stuff.

Quick question though to make sure I'm not going crazy - I noticed that the right joy con wobbles slightly when attached but the left does not - I tested other joy cons and the same thing so it isn't the joy con. It does not interrupt play or anything its just a little noticeable. Is this something I should worry about? Should I exchange it? or is it normal? I looked up wobble and found a whole lot of different info but wasn't quite clear.

For comparison, I tested my launch OG unit and both the joy cons have some slight wobble (the left one more-so). So now I don't know if I'm just going crazy or what?

It would be a bit of a hassle to exchange this unit after having swapped everything over to it already, but at the same time I'm concerned if it is a problem or not.

Oct 25, 2017
México
OK. I have had the Switch V2 for a couple of days now, and I do like the new battery life.

But even thought I prefer the warmer screen, does anyone feel it is too warm?

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Still can't find it online in Portugal. I guess it will arrive only in September, as expected.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK. I have had the Switch V2 for a couple of days now, and I do like the new battery life.

But even thought I prefer the warmer screen, does anyone feel it is too warm?

I love it but I had a launch model so it's a bigger difference for me than recent owners of the V1 Switch. Now to get my OG Joycons replaced by Nintendo support: I filed my ticket and awaiting my shipping label.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow. What a letdown

don't like my new switch. I know over time it will be all right but wtf
533612-F6-CCAA-4-B4-E-A8-C1-0-FED0-AA9-B2-AA.jpg

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just tried a game it's « ok ». I've heard that with time it will be less yellowish. Anyway I'm using dark theme so I don't notice much but side by side it's staggering

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't a warmer screen closer to industry standards? Is this a case of people not used to warm colored screens? Or is the screen literally worse.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't a warmer screen closer to industry standards? Is this a case of people not used to warm colored screens? Or is the screen literally worse.
I never understood this industry standard. In life white is .... white ? With warm screen it's absolutely impossible to have any real white so .... I always put my tv a bit on cold temp ....

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I never understood this industry standard. In life white is .... white ? With warm screen it's absolutely impossible to have any real white so .... I always put my tv a bit on cold temp ....
I posted an article in a previous thread, but there are studies that warn about blue light.

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
Going by what Erica Griffin said, Nintendo still has some serious quality control issues with the Nintendo Switch revision, which is definitely very concerning.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
So I managed to grab one today and the screen isn't the warm color some of you guys been showing up. Its the same cool color I had on my switch

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So now that you boys have had time with the new revision are you noticing any undocumented improvement? I'm in the market for a Switch and I have two options, buy an older model second hand from eBay or spend an extra £100 for a brand new, new revision. I'm just thinking that money could be spent on 3 games, but part of me feels it's stupid to buy the older model?

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
So now that you boys have had time with the new revision are you noticing any undocumented improvement? I'm in the market for a Switch and I have two options, buy an older model second hand from eBay or spend an extra £100 for a brand new, new revision. I'm just thinking that money could be spent on 3 games, but part of me feels it's stupid to buy the older model?
Battery life is dramatically better in handheld on v2 switch over OG. Nearly double for the most demanding games. The system runs cooler and uses less power draw also as a result of a more efficient node (from 20nm to 16finfet/12nm).

If you plan on playing handheld a lot or at least a decent amount, definitely get the revised switch. It's worth the retail price.

I'd be wary about buying systems on eBay too. Check their recent feedback on ebay. I've gotten burned on eBay way too many times, including on games. I would not buy a used switch for that price unless you exclusively play on docked.

There is a slight possibility that v2 switch could get a higher profile upclocks for better performance. Its certainly capable, but don't get your hopes up.

If you are going to play docked like 80-90% of the time and you can get it for 100 cheaper on the OG switch vs switch v2, then it might be worth getting the OG Switch, if it's brand new.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Battery life is dramatically better in handheld on v2 switch over OG. Nearly double for the most demanding games. The system runs cooler and uses less power draw also as a result of a more efficient node (from 20nm to 16finfet/12nm).

If you plan on playing handheld a lot or at least a decent amount, definitely get the revised switch. It's worth the retail price.

I'd be wary about buying systems on eBay too. Check their recent feedback on ebay. I've gotten burned on eBay way too many times, including on games. I would not buy a used switch for that price unless you exclusively play on docked.

There is a slight possibility that v2 switch could get a higher profile upclocks for better performance. Its certainly capable, but don't get your hopes up.

If you are going to play docked like 80-90% of the time and you can get it for 100 cheaper on the OG switch vs switch v2, then it might be worth getting the OG Switch, if it's brand new.

I'd probably play more handheld than docked. Brand new OGs are around £240-£250 on eBay, £280 on Amazon which is what I'm assuming v2 will be when it's available in the UK.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

If you wanna hack it, get the older model. If you don't want to, get the newer model. Quieter, cooler, longer battery.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Going by what Erica Griffin said, Nintendo still has some serious quality control issues with the Nintendo Switch revision, which is definitely very concerning.

Hahah is this the same youtuber that has bought something insane like 20+ Switches and talked about how poo poo and variable the 3DS screens were? That was a fun thread.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Amazon Germany said yesterday i'll receive my new switch on Thursday now it'll be delivered today nice :)

Ordered yesterday. Delivery was updated to Saturday and tonight to Thursday. They appear to be available!

Well, I have a "perfect" screen OG switch and will only switch if the screen is on par (looking for my calibration tool).

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I had re-bought a Switch last month and just exchanged it for a new model.

Wow, noticed the brighter screen as soon as I turned off auto-brightness and started adjusting it. Mine doesn't look very yellow either, guess I got lucky?

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
I'd probably play more handheld than docked. Brand new OGs are around £240-£250 on eBay, £280 on Amazon which is what I'm assuming v2 will be when it's available in the UK.
Definitely get V2 then. Just remember the entire box is red colored. while the front (and back?) part of the older one is white. Went to my Target today and they have both models next to each other unfortunately.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mine looks warm... But not as warm as some are saying.

qJvGGT8.jpg
Pictures are misleading
after i see your post I go check mine to see if I'm crazy. I do a picture and I'm like oh not so yellow anymore

5-FD9-CF58-C73-E-43-CA-AD8-B-DC40-EAE6-A0-BE.jpg

Then I go take my og switch and check side by side and the whole pictures seems different

8-DF16-DD8-1-EAF-4-E84-8839-5-C8-DC52-E0-D36.jpg

Yep. That's the same switch v2 in both picture.
Anyway it doesn't bother me much now.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Pictures are misleading
after i see your post I go check mine to see if I'm crazy. I do a picture and I'm like oh not so yellow anymore

5-FD9-CF58-C73-E-43-CA-AD8-B-DC40-EAE6-A0-BE.jpg

Then I go take my og switch and check side by side and the whole pictures seems different

8-DF16-DD8-1-EAF-4-E84-8839-5-C8-DC52-E0-D36.jpg

Yep. That's the same switch v2 in both picture.
Anyway it doesn't bother me much now.

The one on the bottom is actually displaying a more natural yellow light.

Is our sun yellow or blue?

Also: Dont calibrate your TVs for cold (blue) temperature, calibrate them for warm. All the colors in the spectrum will look a bit closer to the ones in real life (if you add HDR on top then even more so)

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
I don't have to use the transfer method, right? I can reset my old switch and reuse my Profile and redownload my games on the new one?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
🤷🏼‍♂️ iPhone picture. Not touched. Automatic settings.

Édit : oh and off topic, these are amazing triple A D-pad I got

The iPhone is picking a point (of its own choosing) in the image and determining "this is white". Then it adjusts color temp of everything else based on that. You can take the same photo again and if the iPhone decides the other screen is its white point, you'll get the reverse effect.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The iPhone is picking a point (of its own choosing) in the image and determining "this is white". Then it adjusts color temp of everything else based on that. You can take the same photo again and if the iPhone decides the other screen is its white point, you'll get the reverse effect.
Okay. I just wanted to post picture because people though my new switch Was too warm posting their pics. It just depends of the photo actually. But doesn't change that it's much warmer than my OG.
actually my new switch as the same « color » as my iPhone. But on my phone I did change the colors in accessibilityto get more « white »

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Warmer temps look off when you first switch to them or do side by side, but you quickly see it looking normal again after a brief adjustment period.