• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
This was mentioned in a email I just got that was sent out by Take Two just now reiterating its goals for the FY year in light of the Red Dead Redemption 2 delay from Spring to October.

"...Take-Two continues to expect to deliver both record Net Bookings and record net cash provided by operating activities, in excess of $2.5 billion and $700 million, respectively, during fiscal year 2019, led by the launches of Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption 2 and a highly anticipated new title from one of 2K's biggest franchises."

BioShock?

EDIT: As just reminded on Twitter, it's most likely Borderlands 3.

Razyl

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Borderlands 3? It's clearly one of the biggest franchises @ 2k but don't know if it's ready to be announced or something.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands? Feel like it's too early for the team working on Bioshock to be ready.

Dec 6, 2017
It's Borderlands. Randy Pitchford said several months ago that 90% of the studio was working on the game everyone wanted them to be working on.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 or Bioshock.

Of the 2 I'd say Borderlands 3 seems far more likely to be ready.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3, let's go. I need my lootbox/fps after the disappointment that was Destiny 2, hopefully no mtx shenanigans (I doubt it though)

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting to see how much Borderlands is retooled for the new 'everything is microtransactions' climate.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 is either going to be chock full of paid loot boxes or one of their marketing points will be "you don't have to pay for these loot boxes!". There's no middle point with Randy.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
That would be a short development time for Borderlands 3, especially if they are trying to compete with the likes of Destiny and Anthem.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 in November?

That would be a short development time for Borderlands 3, especially if they are trying to compete with the likes of Destiny and Anthem.

If they're out before 2019 they miss Anthem. I don't think year 2 of Destiny 2 will be as big as a new Borderlands launch.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
If borderlands 3 comes out this year I'd guess September but October would have made more sense but now that RDR2 is coming in october I think it may be best to wait and release it in like February 2019, they'll need to beat Anthem to market imo. I also dont think it'll be called Borderlands 3, and i anticipate it'll be more of a GaaS than BL2 but not necessarily on the same level of a Division or Destiny (I don't anticipate a social space.)

Hope we get a proper announcement trailer at E3 though. Also where's that movie at?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they've changed up the mechanics and gameplay for this third game. I know people love the first two but they are some repetitive schlock after the initial hours with braindead enemies, samey weapons, and a grind that isn't really all that fun or worthwhile.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im really worried about Bordelands 3's use of MTX. I adored the second game, but times are different now, i can see it with MTX out the ass

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they haven't made a new Bioshock yet is extremely troubling to me

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Im really worried about Bordelands 3's use of MTX. I adored the second game, but times are different now, i can see it with MTX out the ass
While i understand the worry given the past year, Borderlands 2 had a lot of DLC and they had those shift codes. if mtx were cosmetic thats one thing, and idk how i would feel about buying "golden keys" if there wasn't an option to earn them in game.
like they could do monthly community challenges and daily and weekly user challenges. but if there isn't pvp in the traditional sense than it's not really a big deal and if they have trading then it's even less of a big deal imo.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It´s going to be Borderlands and it´s going to be loaded with Microtransactions.