• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
it can be horizontal. now we can stop the concern trolling about how it cant fit into an entertainment center.

It's still more than twice the height of the one x. 3 times a ps4. Space is still a real concern for a lot of setups.

Ill technically be able to fit it just barely but ventilation will be a big problem as there will be very little space left above the console for circulation. So in practicality it still won't fit. A pretty compelling reason to never get one imo. Probably have wait for the inevitable slim model.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
You seem to seriously miss the point of immersion.

Also, have you not seen Boneworks and how it eats basically every non-VR FPS for breakfast in terms of in-depth mechanics? I can't think of a single FPS game that has more versatility in FPS gameplay than this one VR game.

Exactly why I said mostly though...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so hyped. I love almost everything Xbox is doing since Phil has take over. This console is day one for me. I love knowing I'll be getting lots of games day one with GamePass.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
You're still bashing something you don't understand and haven't used. I have a feeling though that if Phil Spencer was making it a big deal for Series X, you'd be right on board.

Then you're wrong again.

And I did use VR, precisely why I still don't consider vast majority of its games advanced (or immersive) enough. Tried Oculus and PSVR. Didn't try Vive.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's funny how Microsoft was criticized for focusing on gimmicks for the Xbox one launch, now that they're focusing on games not (current) gimmicks like VR they are again criticized

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
5. It's super quiet.

tenor.gif

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
It's still more than twice the height of the one x. 3 times a ps4. Space is still a real concern for a lot of setups.

Ill technically be able to fit it just barely but ventilation will be a big problem as there will be very little space left above the console for circulation. So in practicality it still won't fit. A pretty compelling reason to never get one imo. Probably have wait for the inevitable slim model.

Except on its side, the vent will be on the side, not the top.

As someone else said, I am sure there are people who possibly cannot fit it, but treating this like some giant living room consuming device is disingenuous.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Would MS know the final PS5 specs by now?

Seems maybe premature to use "fastest" and "most powerful" in promotion this far out

Also if the logo doesn't rotate, pack it in Sony won
Yes they're using the same parts, Microsoft probably just maxing out what amd is offering so naturally they assume they have the more powerful device.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Important notes:

1. It's a beast
2. Senua Saga has been in development since before the acquisition
3. The new controller is slightly smaller with an improved dpad.
4. The console is about 12" by 6" (I calculated using controllers for scale as given) and can be used vertically and horizontally.
5. It's super quiet.
6. E3 will be huge next year, and their goal is to showcase games first and foremost.
7. The goal is to be the most powerful and immersive console on the market.
Edit:
8. 1000s of games across Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Xbox. All Xbox One accessories work (not sure about 360, sorry)
9. The new controller can be used with PC and Xbox One too.
10. You can suspend and resume multiple games at once.

Imagine the size of the box these come in.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the backwards compatibility with the controller means that the Elite Series 2 will work. Very tempted but I'm not sure I want to buy a $170 controller when next gen is right around the corner lol.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the backwards compatibility with the controller means that the Elite Series 2 will work. Very tempted but I'm not sure I want to buy a $170 controller when next gen is right around the corner lol.

I am pretty sure they already confirmed it prior to the Elite 2 hitting the market.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
The design is nice, but weird for a TV cabinet. I assume most people will put it on top of the TV stand maybe even behind the TV?

Its going to be interesting finding the right combination of disc access and ventilation outlet.