• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
All the E3 talk in that article makes me feel like that's the next we'll hear about it, from a dedicated show standpoint.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Gamecube needed more height than this if you were going to put discs in it. Hell, my Onkyo AV receiver is 7" tall *and* needs ventilation space to the top, this needs it to the side.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine having a goal to make it the most immersive console in the market but have no VR lol.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine having a goal to make it the most immersive console in the market but have no VR lol.

8359.jpg

Every human that cares about VR managed to be in this thread that's impressive.

I love VR, I had a PSVR and a Quest, but I don't think it's needed at this time to have a successful platform. Also, they can add it later, I'm sure there's enough bandwidth on the exposed I/O.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Why is VR synonymous with something being immersive? I hate VR, and I can find myself immersed by traditional games.
A few weeks ago you were asking what the best VR system is for you to buy. What's with the complete 180?

As for why it's synonymous, probably because it's the most immersive medium. Immersion has always existed of course, but VR induces presence and immersion that is unparalleled.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stacked category in performance capture. Cool to see Madds win, would be awesome to see him do more games in the future. His performance was a high moment in Death Stranding.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
A few weeks ago you were asking what the best VR system is for you to buy. What's with the complete 180?

As for why it's synonymous, probably because it's the most immersive medium. Immersion has always existed of course, but VR induces presence.

Yes, I purchased a Rift S and it's not for me. Prior, I had played PSVR (before that post).

I don't mind people wanting to play VR. I like advancements in tech. I just don't feel like the absence of that support from a system makes it "less immersive". There are other ways to play VR.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
The Gamecube needed more height than this if you were going to put discs in it. Hell, my Onkyo AV receiver is 7" tall *and* needs ventilation space to the top, this needs it to the side.
Yeah people saying it won't even fit sideways in their entertainment center must have some really limited options for A/V equipment.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Yes, I purchased a Rift S and it's not for me. Prior, I had played PSVR (before that post).

I don't mind people wanting to play VR. I like advancements in tech. I just don't feel like the absence of that support from a system makes it "less immersive". There are other ways to play VR.
It doesn't make it less immersive than say, Xbox One X, but it does make the whole 'most immersive console' point moot.

Also, you're still making no sense here. You purchased a Rift S, but a few weeks ago you said you were interested in an Index, and basically only now a few weeks later you hate VR. Like, what? Is there a split personality going on here? Do you hate it only when Xbox is involved or something?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good I guess. Already started saving for one.

Also for the love of God have a decent first party line up this generation that isn't just Halo, Forza and Gears recycled every year.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird design, reminds me of an Amazon Echo.

Even weirder name though, can't say I like it at all.

Totally shocked that they showed it though, wasn't expecting that.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
It doesn't make it less immersive than say, Xbox One X, but it does make the whole 'most immersive console' point moot.

Also, you're still making no sense here. You purchased a Rift S, but a few weeks ago you said you were interested in an Index, and basically only now a few weeks later you hate VR. Like, what? Is there a split personality going on here? Do you hate it only when Xbox is involved or something?
Dude....... He was asking which headset to buy, bought the Rift S, tried it, didn't like it.

Seriously whats so hard to understand?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting Trash Can iMac 2013 vibes from that design...I really hope it's great at cooling, especially given the new hardware.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
It's not as big as I originally thought it looked. I thought PC tower at first but it's smaller. Horizontally it is a little taller than the Xbox One but a lot less depth. Might be easier to take in a backpack or move around. Can stand it up if you're using a monitor or lay it down under your TV. It's functional.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
6" in height horizontal? My receiver isn't even that tall.......sadly this will not fit in my entertainment center since its smaller multiple racks.

edit: I just measured in case.........it doesn't fit...........shit