• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I am not bothered by the name.
I felt it was like most cell phone systems where you have power bases and then names for each
Pixel 3, 3xl, 4 and so forth
Here X, Series X(whatever codename they give it), Series X(whatever codename they give that one)

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Why? Genuine question.

You can jump between games without losing your spot! You don't need to go through menus or any preamble to get a quick game of something else in! Say a quick Rocket League break inbetween some GTAVI missions, etc. Pick your fancy and jump right in! Beautiful.

Man, attention spans are going to be a thing of the past.

I'm guessing they snap an image of the game state to the SSD. In that case, I can't see why it would have any impact on performance.

And with all the other performance improvements, it's going to be even better than I thought!

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
so is this like next gen Xbox? As in PS5's competitor? Haven't watched any video whatsoever, the name is Wii U level confusing.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I suggest people buy new entertainment stands. Did we have all this when the first shots of the the PS2 were released, or (one for the hardcore) the PC-FX?

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
You can jump between games without losing your spot! You don't need to go through menus or any preamble to get a quick game of something else in! Say a quick Rocket League break inbetween some GTAVI missions, etc.

Man, attention spans are going to be a thing of the past.

And with all the other performance improvements, it's going to be even better than I thought!

I agree, this is a huge feature for me. Just yesterday I played Stardew Valley on my Switch when I suddenly realized that the new library updates for NES and SNES online had released. I wanted to check out the games, but had to play till the end of the day in Stardew in order to save and lauch another app. That's just one recent exaple of a situation where I would have loved to keep multiple games suspended. And even for people not constantly jumping between different games, you at least get the benefit of skipping directly into where you left of when you do launch a different game.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
The only big update to the controller that I wanted was gyro so I'm a bit disappointed on that front. Otherwise the controller feel is about perfect.

Oh, and make the default stick tension tight like it was on the 360 (and Elite V2).

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I guess I am not bothered by the name.
I felt it was like most cell phone systems where you have power bases and then names for each
Pixel 3, 3xl, 4 and so forth
Here X, Series X(whatever codename they give it), Series X(whatever codename they give that one)

Exactly. It's amazing to me that when it concerns MS and the Xbox everything is doom, gloom and confusion but in every other facet of tech in our lives iterations of a brand is perfectly understood.

Btw guys, apparently the XBSX controller will work on the XB1 too from what I read on Twitter a minute ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Suspend resume multiple games was one of my requests I tweeted to Toshimasa Aoki, for PS5. Here's hoping it being possible on XS will mean it's also viable and available on PS5!

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Remember "you can play games before they're fully downloaded" ? Let's take console manufacturers hype with a grain of salt.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
My launch Xbone is still utterly silent so I expect this one to be as well. All of my PS4s and Pros have sounded like fucking jet engines. MS' engineering has been legit this gen.
So very true, I'd put Xbox One X up there among the best consoles ever made from a hardware perspective. MS used that extra year very very well.
I'm slightly worried now when they don't have that extra year though... But it was reassuring to hear that Phil already have one at home, should mean that they aren't stressing things with the hardware.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
That controller best have some motion sensors in it by now. And I hope it's not much smaller, because the Xbone controller is basically perfect size-wise for me.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Suspend resume multiple games was one of my requests I tweeted to Toshimasa Aoki, for PS5. Here's hoping it being possible on XS will mean it's also viable and available on PS5!
Bless you.

I hope it is. I know external hard drive use came later for PS4. But this feature is huge for me. Really excited for next gen.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
this is borderline trolling at this point.

Yeah, what the fuck. Imagine genuinely believing Microsoft only released Gears, Halo and Forza. Hell, we've been waiting for quite some years for a new Halo to come out actually.

Not to mention the fact that MS has so many new studios and many new upcoming games, some of which are even brand new.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
This suspend stuff is cool, I just want you to tell me if you're going to close other software before I open new software...like everything else does.