• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Binary Domain was so solid and fun that I would love to see them take on another shooter, but I figure it will be something else entirely.

I recall before Yakuza: Deal Souls was announced they teased that they wanted to do a zombie game and something in space eventually. People generally ignored it because it seemed too wacky, but I could see something like that being their new IP.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
It hasn't even been formally announced yet. Assuming it'll be ready this year because it's supposed to take place in 2018 is premature at best.

Yakuza games have quick turnover in announcement and release (September reveal, December or early next year release). Usuallly the games take place in the year of release.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza games have quick turnover in announcement and release (September reveal, December or early next year release). Usuallly the games take place in the year of release.

I'm aware that that's the kind of timing they usually try to go for, but considering Nagoshi has been saying Shin is meant to be a soft reboot of the series in a lot of ways and we haven't really seen anything of it since the initial reveal, I think there's a fairly good chance it'll miss 2018.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think I can think of something new that they might be coming with, or what of genres it's gonna be.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
How exciting! Always up for new games from these talented guys. I'm liking this new CEO, he's greenlit all the right things so far. About time this team got to try something new again. Spikeout, Super Monkey Ball and Binary Domain were also all from the same dev team, so looking forward to this.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
How exciting! Always up for new games from these talented guys. I'm liking this new CEO, he's greenlit all the right things so far. About time this team got to try something new again. Spikeout, Super Monkey Ball and Binary Domain were also all from the same dev team, so looking forward to this.

Don't forget F-Zero GX, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio (Future) and Gunvalkyrie.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Don't forget F-Zero GX, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio (Future) and Gunvalkyrie.

So that team for the past 10 years has been stuck making Yakuza games excluding that one fling with Binary Domain? That's a serious misuse of talent. No matter how good the Yakuza games are sticking to one series for so long is lame.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
So that team for the past 10 years has been stuck making Yakuza games excluding that one fling with Binary Domain? That's a serious misuse of talent. No matter how good the Yakuza games are sticking to one series for so long is lame.

they also did the newer Monkey Ball games, and some of the devs that got sick of Yakuza game went to mobile games (War Pirates, Shin Megami Tensei Liberation)

they enjoy making the yakuza games despite their limits tough, you can see the passion and how much content they have.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love some kind of spiritual successor to Binary Domain. They should totally going back to that style of game

I'm down for whatever they want to make though

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's too hard to think about what they would do that isn't a Yakuza or Binary Domain game. Some sort of RPG? Has to be something that makes financial sense.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
FINALLY JEEZUS. These guys are wasted on just making Yakuza games. Series is great but it really didbt need a dozen games. Gald to see them move on.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cellphone game is Yakuza Online. It's more likely a multiplatform title like Binary Domain, not exclusive like Yakuza. That's just me guessing though.