• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
So why can't they throw this $7 item with the phone. It's only $7, am I rite, no big deal.
Cause they are going to sell millions of these phones and want those dollars. Doesn't change anything about an individual not being forced to buy the phone if they have issue with it. Say hello to the modern business world. We get less and less for more and more.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not even using USB C in 2018 on a $1000+ phone. Premium in nothing but price at this point

Lightning is a better form factor... and has been standard for 6 years.

What does an Apple customer get out of USB-C?

They def should have included a better charger and a USB-c to lightning cable though.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Doesn't include fast charging either.....damn....
Now, this is the real crime. I bought a charger and cable (yes, they are sold separately) so that my iPad Pro could charge in 1.5 hours instead of 4 or 5. I'm glad I found the charger on clearance at Target, or else I would have had to pay $50 (plus $20 for the cable) to get them from Apple.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lightning is a better form factor... and has been standard for 6 years.

What does an Apple customer get out of USB-C?
Connection with their existing macbook, accessories that work with more than just an iPhone. USB C is also considerably faster at charging and data transfer. Lightning is old gen at this point.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too cheap to even include the shitty adapter that they forced on you last year..
If they include the adapter, then they are "forcing it on you".

If they don't include the adapter, then they are too cheap.

Perfect way to encapsulate the "no win" attitude people take towards Apple/iPhone.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Now, this is the real crime. I bought a charger and cable (yes, they are sold separately) so that my iPad Pro could charge in 1.5 hours instead of 4 or 5. I'm glad I found the charger on clearance at Target, or else I would have had to pay $50 (plus $20 for the cable) to get them from Apple.
You always hear about fast charging being worse for the battery but I wonder if it's worse enough to make them do this for battery purposes or if it's just money saving.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Well this is stupid considering the adapter cost like what $8?

On another side note I couldn't care less if a phone has a 3.5mm jack now days anyway unless the manufacturer actually gives a shit about audio quality like LG does, otherwise I'm gonna be strapping this to whatever phone I'm listening to:
617nP66dQwL._SX425_.jpg

Link to this? The iPhone volume sucks so I've been looking for something. How do you like it?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Not having the dongle sucks.
its only 10 bucks, Apple...

but then again...its only 10 bucks.

but this is generally how it goes when it comes to forcing your userbase to move on when it comes to certain things...CD Drives are going away on Laptops for example. Apple is, as always, super arrogant about it...but one day the headphone jack is going to go away and bluetooth and lightning headphones will be the new hotness for all (i.e for cheaper too)...and by then peeps will be on aural inplants while "peasants" will be using archaic physical devices like losers, lol.

Thats technology for better or for worse.
Apple isn't advancing anything with this bullshit though. Aux ports are still almost universal, and universally useful.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Probably not that long. There are rumours the upcoming iPads (at least the pros?) will switch so maybe next year iPhones might.

I believe the new iPads will ship with a USB-c to lightning cable/charger...

I can't believe they would get rid of lightning

The state of USB c is a mess... and very un-apple.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares - wireless FTW. Embrace the future, put away your floppy disks.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
It's been 2 years since they dropped the jack ffs..

A. Use the headphones they give you

B. Buy wireless headphones / earphones

C. Buy the dongle for $9

D. Don't spend $1000+ on a phone if all you're going to do is bitch about it

E. Buy a different phone with a jack

F. I'll ship you my unused dongle for shipping costs

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why anyone would want to buy any iPhone other than the SE. Grateful to at least have that option

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Are people unironically saying "it comes with speakers," or is this some meme I've missed out on so far?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
So what? It comes with compatible headphones. Most people didn't even know that adapter came with previous iPhones.

It's always those who never intend on purchasing Apple devices finding anything they can to criticize. The rest of us will enjoy our new phones.

You never see these threads about other phones because we couldn't care less. Thanks for the free publicity.