• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this is a "troll thread" according to the apple fans on some parts of this site. Sad to think letting people know about potential issues is a "troll thread" to some.

Anyways, sucks for those using the 3.5mm jack but I like many others have moved onto Bluetooth. I hate the wires and look forward to fast wireless room charging.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
No one cares..

If you buy a 1000 dollar phone... You've probably moved on to wireless headphones too.

And if you haven't... you should.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, look, more reason to never get a new cell phone after my 6S dies. Thanks, Apple.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this is a "troll thread" according to the apple fans on some parts of this site. Sad to think letting people know about potential issues is a "troll thread" to some.

Anyways, sucks for those using the 3.5mm jack but I like many others have moved onto Bluetooth. I hate the wires and look forward to fast wireless room charging.

It has speakers and comes with headphones. Troll thread or not, the title is really clickbaity.

Edit: See the above two posts.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Updated Thread Title.

As someone who just updated a bunch of people's iPhones, this would irritate me a bunch

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they are like $7 aren't they. No one is forcing anything on anyone. Don't buy the phone if it matters that much. What's $7 anyways when you are spending up to $1400 on a phone?

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I guess the thread title actually now does speak for itself.

Mine hasn't ever left the box. Same for the one that came in my 7+.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
>won't play music out of the box
>plays music through the speakers out of the box
>plays music through the included headphones out of the box

???

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And if they'll pay me hundreds of dollars to replace all the money I wasted on apps and music in the iOS ecosystem, maybe I'd switch to them.
Many apps that charge on iOS are free on Android and plenty of opportunities to get free Google play credits. Plus good chance to evaluate what apps you actually use.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Not having the dongle sucks.
its only 10 bucks, Apple...

but then again...its only 10 bucks.

but this is generally how it goes when it comes to forcing your userbase to move on when it comes to certain things...CD Drives are going away on Laptops for example. Apple is, as always, super arrogant about it...but one day the headphone jack is going to go away and bluetooth and lightning headphones will be the new hotness for all (i.e for cheaper too)...and by then peeps will be on aural inplants while "peasants" will be using archaic physical devices like losers, lol.

Thats technology for better or for worse.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Well this is stupid considering the adapter cost like what $8?

On another side note I couldn't care less if a phone has a 3.5mm jack now days anyway unless the manufacturer actually gives a shit about audio quality like LG does, otherwise I'm gonna be strapping this to whatever phone I'm listening to:
617nP66dQwL._SX425_.jpg

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have a problem IF they were using USBC, but they're using their own stupid proprietary connector.