• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Kawato looked great, everyone looked great. That's how you book an opening match. Make the crowd happy, get the young guys over without exhausting the crowd so they can still pop at the main events. Liger giving him the rub!

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
goto looks like somebody who should be a much, much bigger deal. was he ever?
Before he joined Chaos he had the intercontinental belt for a bit and was in the running for the main belt.
It looked like he might be on his way up and had a shot at Okada but got involved in a really long feud with Shibata

Deleted member 13037

I will forever love that Goto's tron video is him getting his ass whooped so hard he turned face.

OP
OP
Seraphis Cain

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I literally yelled out "WHAT?!" when Marty won. Holy shit.

(Sorry I haven't been posting so far, had been watching with a friend so that kinda distracted me from posting.)

Also really surprised they didn't announce the World Tag League teams during the intermission. Wonder when we'll find out?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Villain Club reigns supreme...
This is why I watch English commentary, they told the history of the match and made the ending compelling.

BlueBrand

Oct 28, 2017
But who's side is he on!?! Which faction is he in?
Jay White is Switchblade, it sounds like a Bullet Club name.

OP
OP
Seraphis Cain

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
So are they doing "Tanahashi doesn't take a returning Young Lion seriously, loses his title" again?

Because I'm all for that.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
didn't realize there was a NJPW thread, watching this OT. Power Struggle was pretty good without a Naito/Okada singles match it was a solid card from top to bottom. I couldn't pay attention to the Ibushi/Tanahashi match at all and will have to rewatch it later. still marking out over the Y2J reveal, cant wait to hear Meltzers review of the show hopefully later today

OP
OP
Seraphis Cain

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was the best damn New Japan show in ages (minus the snorefest Suzuki/Yano match). I'm glad I decided to actually watch this one live. Marty and Y2J were both legit mark-out moments that I would almost definitely have been spoiled on.

I feel bad for Jay though. Jericho totally stole his thunder.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Don't know how i feel about this, I really want Ibushi vs Omega at Tokyo Dome.

Honestly, as insanely keen as I am for Omega and Ibushi to interact, a spectacle match with Jericho is fine a couple of months out from the show. Having a year to build Omega vs Ibushi will (or should) have an amazing payoff.

Stay positive, friend!

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this was the best damn New Japan show in ages (minus the snorefest Suzuki/Yano match). I'm glad I decided to actually watch this one live. Marty and Y2J were both legit mark-out moments that I would almost definitely have been spoiled on.

I feel bad for Jay though. Jericho totally stole his thunder.

Was Suzuki/Yano really that bad? I like both of them.

Jericho/Omega is a legit moment.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Getting into the big 4 matches now but show has been a blast so far. Osaka crowd is always awesome, i wish every crowd booed Naito like that cause he plays off it so well.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
just had a cool thought, what if Edge and Christian came out with Jericho at WK12? They sort of pitched it to Kenny during the E&C podcast, and since Kenny already has the Young Bucks in his corner, the Old Fucks can be in Jericho's.

Gontrand

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit... Y2J and Omega are two of my favorite of all time. I really wanted Omega/Ibushi but no point of rushing it tho, it will only get better with the wait.

AgPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling bad for Ibushi having to fight that piece of shit Cody (RoH needs to get the belt off of him ASAP) at the biggest show of the year.

Gotta wonder if this finally makes Ibushi sign on January 5th, or will it make him give Gedo and Kitani the middle finger?

OP
OP
Seraphis Cain

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling bad for Ibushi having to fight that piece of shit Cody (RoH needs to get the belt off of him ASAP) at the biggest show of the year.

Gotta wonder if this finally makes Ibushi sign on January 5th, or will it make him give Gedo and Kitani the middle finger?

I wonder if Omega/Ibushi at WK was a thing until the possibility of Omega/Jericho popped up and New Japan opted for that instead. And really, it's the right choice since they're making the US push.