• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure it's uncharted. It's a well known franchise at this point and Sony would want something big to help kick off the PS5 launch.

Throw in a knack 3 and a GT Sport complete edition and launch at $399 and they're Golden.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tweaked the thread title a bit to clarify that it's a 3rd person action/adventure game, with speculation that it could be Uncharted 5.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
If this is a new studio, why would their collaboration not just be with San Diego Studio?

Assuming the new San Diego studio is working on Uncharted 5 it makes much more sense to consult Naughty Dog, who have actual experience on the series, than to consult Sony San Diego, who just make MLB these days.
The point is that we don't have elements to say it's any known title. It could even be a new IP.

"next chapter"

Oct 28, 2017
Could be driveclub 2...

Drive club falls into the 3rd person action/adventure genre?

tenor.gif

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Uncharted 5 on the PS5 will happen. I hope they do another smaller adventure like Lost Legacy a few years after, then leave Uncharted 6 for the PS6. Imo that would be good management.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
While i hope they're done with Uncharted, i just want another linear action-adventure game

Love me some of those

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Or even better 1950s/60s Nate/Sams mom game? She helped collect all those artefacts in U4 house.
They could do an Uncharted 5 with drakes daughter as the lead, with her parents coming into it at some point.

A lost Legacy adventure could be made a few years after to take the idea you came up with.

OP
OP
Sillegamer

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
No. OP is basically describing personal and rather baseless speculation as fact.

In response to the baseless speculation, wasn't it you that published a huge list of "baseless speculation" regarding Sony's E3 2014 that got Dualshockers banned from Gaf?

I wouldn't really heed your comments on baseless speculation as you are certainly not in the position to comment on baseless speculation.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Sony's studios are creative and risk taking enough to not have to rely on the same 3 franchises.
I don't see it being Uncharted 5.

Pelagic II

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
We have been suspecting for a while now, that the new San Diego studios is making a new Uncharted. We don't have any proof or leaks though. These job-postings doesn't change that.
Personally I would love for Uncharted to return on PS5. Lost Legacy proved Uncharted can still work without Nate.

The most interesting nugget in the OP is Insomniac mentioned alongside Sony first-party. Are they finally giving up their independence or simple aligning even closer with Sony?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't have to be uncharted. Pretty broad genre. But what other games has the studio made in the past? I don't think a Sony studio can make an uncharted game on the level that Naughty Dog can.
Nothing. This is a new studio they're building.
If it's real and not developed by ND, that game could kill the franchise if not good enough.
Bend already made a pretty convincing Uncharted (Golden Abyss, granted the stakes on a Vita entry aren't nearly as high as taking over the series altogether).
Or even better 1950s/60s Nate/Sams mom game? She helped collect all those artefacts in U4 house.
I'd love something set even earlier, but that obviously cuts into how globetrotting it could be.

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
InFamous, God of War, Horizon, Spider-man, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian. Probably more I haven't thought of.
But opening new studio means the IP isn't going to be worked on by its original studio. We know ND said they don't wanna work on Uncharted anymore (at least not for some time) so it makes sense for Sony to open a new studio to work on it under the supervision of ND and with ex-ND leads, no? GoW, Horizon and Spider-Man are the only big IPs worth opening new studios for but we know their studios are already working on them so no need for another studio.
The problem is that nothing here even SUGGESTS it's Uncharted. You're speculating based on nothing (besides wishful thinking, I guess).

It could be everything, including a new IP.
It says next chapter. That indicates an established franchise.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
"Cinematic 3rd person action adventure" sounds like a lot of games nowadays, especially at Sony.
You're reading too much into it.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3rd Person Action/Adventure describes so many of Sony's IPs - not sure how you're leaping to Uncharted. I also don't know how you're assuming Naughty Dog is the studio in collaboration?

Nov 18, 2018
I think it's probably Uncharted just because I don't think Sony would let one of their biggest franchises die. I'd be down for more Chloe and Nadine adventures, or Drake's mom or daughter, but if it's just going to more Nathan (reboot or continuation) I'd rather they'd give it a rest for a bit longer.

Of course it could be something completely different, which I'd be pretty excited about. I'm always here for Sony's third person cinematic action games.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted PS5 launch title, oh yeah!

I can actually trust Sony to reinvigorate a series as established as Uncharted with new characters and story, and I think that's actually what is needed for a new "trilogy" to be as successful as it can be on new hardware. Although, I wouldn't complain if we got a Young Sully Adventures set in the 70s.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Could also be another Infamous. Would believe Sucker Punch is quite busy with Ghost of Tsushima to make one right now.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a clickbaity title. ;) I don't want a sequel with their daughter or one of the older characters, getting a Sully prequel or a game with Francis Drake as the playable character would be cool though.

element

Oct 27, 2017
Stop. Stop. Stop. Seriously just stop.

I looked at the job posting and to connect it to any game is incorrect.

First look at what VASG does, which is in the job posting.

Sony PlayStation Visual Arts provides world-class content, development, and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art, animation, as well as previsualization, character creation, motion capture, software development, face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
VASG is a service team. They don't MAKE games. They have been the primary in-house mocap and 3d scanning team for Sony first party games. They also develop platform and pipeline tools.

Now the line that everyone is getting all excited about it, "Lead Character Artist for the next chapter of cinematic story-telling" just means advancing gaming technology and the medium, not a sequel to a specific title.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but you are all barking up the wrong tree.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
While there's not a lot to go on, I expect it to be Uncharted too. The series is too big for Sony to just let it go and Naughty Dog already set it up despite being adamant that U4/LL was their last.

OP
OP
Sillegamer

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017

VASG is a service team. They don't MAKE games. They have been the primary in-house mocap and 3d scanning team for Sony first party games. They also develop platform and pipeline tools.

Now the line that everyone is getting all excited about it, "Lead Character Artist for the next chapter of cinematic story-telling" just means advancing gaming technology and the medium, not a sequel to a specific title.

It's by a new team in San Diego.

It's literally in one of the job listings.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017

There is a new team.

DalRY-uWkAEnGp7.jpg:large

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Why would ND let someone else handle the next main game of their Uncharted IP? Makes no sense.