• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Yep, I was going to post this. Strange as it may sound, I would not rule out a sequel to The Order.

NDXdbKu.png

This could be Bloodborne 2 related too

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Much better than having their most talented studios sentenced to working on their biggest franchises to keep milking them. I like it a lot more than Microsoft´s idea of having their studios as ¨the Halo studio, the Gears studio, etc.¨ with no flexibility to move onto new IPs

Like Polyphony Digital? Let's not turn this into console wars. Why is the automatic response who criticizes Sony at anything is to take a jab at Microsoft? No wonder those two groups always clash and make up the most heated arguments online. It's pathetic.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Maybe I misunderstand the word "cinematic", but for me a "cinematic game" is an interactive movie, a linear game where you follow a story that you can't change, with realistic graphics. So, basically, exactly Uncharted and the opposed of Spider-Man and InFamous (open world IP). But again, maybe I just misunderstand the meaning of "cinematic" and if it is the case, I'm sorry.
I do think you are misunderstanding the concept of cinematic in the case of gameplay vs storytelling.

Interactive movies are more like Until Dawn or Detroit Become Human, whereas a cinematic game refers to using storytelling techniques both visually and narratively to communicate to the player important things. This does no preclude the option of having more than one ending, so long as they occur in the same format.

Both Infamous and Spider-Man may have open worlds to play within, but their main stories can only be progressed in a linear fashion and important moments are told through cinematic camera work, and set within an multi arc narrative. As for graphics, both of these games can look very realistic at times, but by your logic games over the last decade can't be cinematic since the realism wasnt achievable until modern consoles.

What you seem to be hung up on is simply linear vs open world, or even wide linear. Uncharted The Lost Legacy has a semi open world portion, for instance. Also, Uncharted is visually stylized.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Give uncharted some breathing room man. I know it's only a rumor but disappointing.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Please, just create something new. Uncharted is an IP stuck in the previous generation. It's done.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Like Polyphony Digital? Let's not turn this into console wars. Why is the automatic response who criticizes Sony at anything is to take a jab at Microsoft? No wonder those two groups always clash and make up the most heated arguments online. It's pathetic.
They are free to do what they want though. Kaz Yamauchi has a passion for cars. Much different than being forced into something they don't want to do.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

I am as much as an Xbox fan as I am a PlayStation fan, but I am merely showing why its beneficial to have another studio built to continue a popular series. Top talent should be free to create new IPs.

And Polyphony is a bad example since they create games for a niche genre that they are helping keep alive at this point. Every other studio of Sony´s has moved on from prior series to new IPs this gen.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
They are free to do what they want though. Kaz Yamauchi has a passion for cars. Much different than being forced into something they don't want to do.

This too. But Sony wants to continue Uncharted, and why would they not when the series is more popular than it has ever been this gen? Now imagine they told Naughty Dog ¨Shelve the new IP, we want you to make a new Uncharted after The Last of Us 2¨....

Id much rather these top studios be free to move on and not be stuck making games for milked franchises, and that is more of a problem with Xbox franchises which is why I brought it up

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm pretty sure Frank and the rest of the team enjoy making Halo too.

I am as much as an Xbox fan as I am a PlayStation fan, but I am merely showing why its beneficial to have another studio built to continue a popular series. Top talent should be free to create new IPs.

And Polyphony is a bad example since they create games for a niche genre that they are helping keep alive at this point. Every other studio of Sony´s has moved on from prior series to new IPs this gen.

I agree but then again how many new IP's has Sony's biggest studio, Naughty Dog, created this entire generation? The thing is Uncharted should be over but like every company out there they will continue to use existing IP's generation after generation. I think the real argument you are trying to make is Sony innovates existing IP's and so does Nintendo much more than Microsoft. Which I agree with as well.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

I agree but then again how many new IP's has Sony's biggest studio, Naughty Dog, created this entire generation? The thing is Uncharted should be over but like every company out there they will continue to use existing IP's generation after generation. I think the real argument you are trying to make is Sony innovates existing IP's and so does Nintendo much more than Microsoft. Which I agree with as well.

AAA games that sell 10+ million copies take a LOT of time. This gen has been going 5 years and so the fact that they are close to releasing their other big game is something. They are clearly working on a new IP that hasnt gone into production yet too.

But no, its not about innovating IPs. Id like to see 343i and The Coalition work on series outside of Halo and Gears, like the cancelled IP they were doing when they were Black Tusk and then handed the Gears franchise.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I won't mind if Uncharted is put on ice, but I still believe in the right hands we could get more great action games and characters out of that franchise.

After Mission Impossible Fallout, I need more insane setpieces.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Sure but in The Coalition's case their original IP was sidelined and were forced to be a Gears factory. The reason Sony gets the benefit of the doubt is many devs have praised their encouragement and lack of restrictions.

Microsoft? Well I have no say in one way or the other.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AAA games that sell 10+ million copies take a LOT of time. This gen has been going 5 years and so the fact that they are close to releasing their other big game is something. They are clearly working on a new IP that hasnt gone into production yet too.

But no, its not about innovating IPs. Id like to see 343i and The Coalition work on series outside of Halo and Gears, like the cancelled IP they were doing when they were Black Tusk and then handed the Gears franchise.

Well like I said, there is pressure from every company to keep existing IP's going for financial reasons. God of War is another example. Just because Naughty Dog may have a new IP in the works doesn't make my comment irrelevant, they haven't created one new IP this entire generation. I too would have loved to see The Coalitions new IP, hopefully one day.

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017
What if they are rebooting Syphon Filter in the same vein as the Mission Impossible movies? Gabe Logan deserves better.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Well like I said, there is pressure from every company to keep existing IP's going for financial reasons. God of War is another example. Just because Naughty Dog may have a new IP in the works doesn't make my comment irrelevant, they haven't created one new IP this entire generation. I too would have loved to see The Coalitions new IP, hopefully one day.

But that is because they are a TWO series studio. I would understand if they were just the ¨Uncharted studio¨ but they are Uncharted and The Last of Us. And soon they will be The Last of Us and a new IP with Uncharted handed to a new studio. So that is why they have yet to get to their new IP being in full production.

I am just thankful that Naughty Dog isn´t stuck with Uncharted despite Sony´s interest in continuing the series and there being a demand for an Uncharted PS5. I think that is mainly because Sony values new IP creation as much as the continuation of established series. MS has proven that they aren´t like that and value continuing their main series way more.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Sure but in The Coalition's case their original IP was sidelined and were forced to be a Gears factory. The reason Sony gets the benefit of the doubt is many devs have praised their encouragement and lack of restrictions.

They weren't 'forced', MS approached them about carrying on the Gears franchise, and had the choice of either doing so or carrying on with their IP instead and they chose Gears.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
TLL was incredible, bring on more Uncharted for next-gen. I'll be more than ready by then.

This is false, they had the choice and chose to work on Gears.

Oct 30, 2017
If it's another Uncharted they can continue the route Lost Legacy took with Chloe and Nadine.
Yeah they're not going to do UC5 without Drake. Which is going to suck and ruin the ending of 4.
No they won't because they ended Nathan's story in U4... they will not make U5 with Nathan and say ( hey we lied to you guys we changed our minds lolz ).

Some logic here.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Its been long speculated that this is the studio, but only time will tell. They have not officially announced that they are continuing Uncharted but all signs point to it

Oh OK thanks. I thought the Uncharted studio was a confirmed thing at this point. Will be interesting to see what this new studio produces

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean, Sony clearly won't let Uncharted die now that Naughty Dog is done with it. Nor should they.

I would love it if Uncharted 5 had a time jump of about 5-7 years and we play as a 20-year-old Cassie Drake. It would allow her to go on an adventure on her own but Nathan and the others would still be able to be involved.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I doubt this is Uncharted. I think that series is going on ice for a while. As for what they're making, my money's on a new IP for the next gen.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But that is because they are a TWO series studio. I would understand if they were just the ¨Uncharted studio¨ but they are Uncharted and The Last of Us. And soon they will be The Last of Us and a new IP with Uncharted handed to a new studio. So that is why they have yet to get to their new IP being in full production.

I am just thankful that Naughty Dog isn´t stuck with Uncharted despite Sony´s interest in continuing the series and there being a demand for an Uncharted PS5. I think that is mainly because Sony values new IP creation as much as the continuation of established series. MS has proven that they aren´t like that and value continuing their main series way more.

Thankfully MS is also expanding its IP's with their new acquisitions moving forward into next gen. Are you done talking about MS so we can get back to possibly yet another Uncharted game or do you think this next chapter is something else?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's another Uncharted they can continue the route Lost Legacy took with Chloe and Nadine.

No they won't because they ended Nathan's story in U4... they will not make U5 with Nathan and say ( hey we lied to you guys we changed our minds lolz ).

Some logic here.
If that's the case then why even make it an Uncharted game? I like Chloe don't get me wrong but Lost Legacy was a spin-off DLC expansion and I'm not sure if that can sell on the caliber of the mainline games since Drake has always been one of the draws of the series.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Thankfully MS is also expanding its IP's with their new acquisitions moving forward into next gen. Are you done talking about MS so we can get back to possibly yet another Uncharted game or do you think this next chapter is something else?

Definitely want to see what kinds of games come from the new studios they acquired. Thats the last I´ll say since you seem bothered by them being discussed here.

As for Uncharted continuing, I can see why Sony doesn´t want to shelve the IP. At one point it was their biggest series and Sony was nearly dependent on it continuing to ensure they´d have a guaranteed massive console seller. But things are so different now. God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon, The Last of Us, etc. are such huge franchises that they dont really need to go out of their way to make sure they have an Uncharted on PS5 when they have a bunch of series on that level presently. Then again, it is still another 10+ million selling game they have in their fold so they aren´t going to move on from it when there is so much more they can do with the IP.

So with it selling so much and being so beloved, they probably don´t want to lose consumers who see Uncharted as one of their top reasons for buying a new PlayStation. I even have a sister who adores Uncharted and wants to see a new one for PS5.

Black Knight

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We don't need a new Uncharted game now, instead how about investing more in the Japanese studios? Sony Japan deserve to get more chances, we've seen how great Astro Bot Rescue Mission turned out to be, and it's not even a big budget game, the Gravity Rush games is another example, the studio has many creative minds, why not give them a good budget and let them develop what they want?! I would love to see a RPG game developed by them.

Also let this studio create a new IP instead of a new Uncharted game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What if this is for Cory Barlog's thing? It's not exactly a secret that he himself wanted to move onto a fresh new idea he came up with.
Could also be another Infamous. Would believe Sucker Punch is quite busy with Ghost of Tsushima to make one right now.
I'd love that as I'm a huge inFAMOUS fanboy but as long as Sony has the exclusive Spider-Man deal I doubt we'll be seeing another open world superhero game from Sony.