• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
According to a number of new job listings that have appeared on PlayStation Careers, it is implied that the next Uncharted title is in development at Sony's currently unannounced studio at San Diego.

- Lead Character Artist: "We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and creative Lead Character Artist for the next chapter of cinematic storytelling."

- Senior Gameplay Animator: "Are you an experienced game developer with a penchant for high quality, 3rd person, action/adventure games?

Link: sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs

It states that this project is in collaboration with a major Sony development studio - which appears is Naughty Dog.

Also worth noting is on the Senior Gameplay Animator job listing, the PlayStation Visual Arts Services group (VASG) makes a note about working with the industry's best. Usually, this line on other job listings specifically refers to first party studios, but this remains the same but includes Kojima Productions and Insomniac Games.

Have they joined the family or is this referencing Spider-man and Death Stranding?

"For more than a decade, we have shared knowledge, support and cutting-edge techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more."

Last edited:

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you mean Sony's San Diego studio is currently working on a cinematic third person action/adventure game. It doesn't have to be Uncharted.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I took it that Kojipro was pretty much a Sony team at this point right? Insomniac is new. Perhaps Sony securing that Spider-Man deal led to them signing on. The game must have pulled in outrageous amounts of money.

I'm super keen on another Uncharted game, especially if it has a new character and a new overall direction. I'd probably like something more like 3 than 4 though.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Hmmm. I'll lean closer to God of War or Spider-Man but I wouldn't put a non-Nathan Drake led Uncharted out of te question either

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Nice. I hope this means that ND can move on to a new IP after TLOU2. That would be years and years down the road from now though I'm sure.

I never really liked the PS3 Uncharteds but last year played and unexpectedly really liked UC4 and TLL. I'm curious to see where the new dev studio will go with the franchise.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
And here I am secretly hoping it could be a sequel to The Order. But if it is another Uncharted, I'm down.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
If it's real and not developed by ND, that game could kill the franchise if not good enough.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I'm so done with Uncharted at this point, so I seriously hope this isn't actually UC5.

This is one franchise in dire need of an overhaul.

Oct 27, 2017
I do want more Uncharted. I don't want the series to just go away at all, maybe take a break until mid next gen.

Chloe is an obvious choice for the protagonist but I could see a time jump for a new character, possibly mentored by Nate's brother in the Sully role

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sony makes a lot of games that could be characterized as cinematic third person action/adventure games.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
As if Sony needs more Cinematic 3rd person Action Adventure story driven games from their first party studios. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it'll have a realistic artstyle too?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
If this is another Uncharted, I wouldn't be surprised. That series is just too big not to continue. I'm glad this could mean it frees up ND for a new next gen IP after TLOU II.

This reminds me, I still need to play Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy.

element

Oct 27, 2017
VASG is a shared services team that can be used by all first party studios. The only games made in San Diego is MLB The Show.

Oct 27, 2017
A ton of Sony's AAA games for the PS4 can be described as cinematic 3rd person action adventure titles. Why would you possibly think this is referring to Uncharted as if it alone can uniquely be described that way?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Please add significantly new things for the series, if true.

Don't want it become a God of War Ascension.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok something's definitely cooking but how does anyone ever get that theyre specifically working on Uncharted 5 from that?

OP
OP
Sillegamer

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
The title said suggest, not confirmed.

It's interesting how an ex Naughty Dog Dev is now Senior Game Designer on the title. What other cinematic 3rd person action/adventure titles fits the bill?

Because I doubt Santa Monica is handing God of War over, Horizon is Guerrillas baby and Spider-man is Insomniacs.
Time will tell.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Legacy was the best Uncharted game (fight me), so I hope they continue somehow with them.

Oct 27, 2017

It's interesting how an ex Naughty Dog Dev is now Senior Game Designer on the title. What other cinematic 3rd person action/adventure titles fits the bill?

Time will tell.

Well you have to think. Sony is kinda the king of cinematic 3rd person games. It's not outside the realm of possibility that another franchise or IP could be made in that style.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I want is Drake's daughter being a Kim Possible-like teenager/tween going on her first adventure with her family, but sometjing happens and she is on her own.

Nathan's story is over. If it's not his daughter, I'm not interested in whatever they make.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They gave themselves TWO paths to continue the Uncharted series with U4's ending and Lost Legacy. Why not keep this train rolling?

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
The only thing I want is Drake's daughter being a Kim Possible-like teenager/tween going on her first adventure with her family, but sometjing happens and she is on her own.

Nathan's story is over. If it's not his daughter, I'm not interested in whatever they make.
Not even a 1960s/70s Sully game?

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017

Time will tell.

A former Amazon Studios (cancelled multiplayer Breakaway game) design director is a game director on the title. How's that fit your bill?