• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marco_Tovarich

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I know Im Far from being the first one to say this, but I will never understand why Nintendo hasn't already released a series of "classic" joy cons.
  • NES (both jp and overseas editions)
  • SNES (both jp/eu and us editions)
  • Classic Gameboy grey
  • Gameboy Color (the one with the translucías she'll)
  • N64
  • Gamecube purple
  • Wii White
  • Wii U Black

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I wish they'd sell each side separately again, but in each color. I hate when I see two different colors. My mind can't accept that as ok. I know it's my own mental limitation, and all that. It just looks wrong to me. I wish I could explain it better.

My wife would chalk it up as my ADHD/OCD.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see more matched sets, but I'm probably in for the purple/orange one. I've been rocking the neon red/blue since launch and I'd like another set.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Now I can't decide if I want to import the green & pink Joycon set from Japan or sell off my launch joycons and buy both the red & blue and pink and green joycons here in the US. I like the idea of the "Cool" colors always being on one side and the "Warm" colors always being on the other.

Combos of blue & green and especially pink & red aren't particularly attractive, which is preventing me from just buying the US pink & green set.

Hmm, decisions decisions.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
The biggest thing holding me back from blue & yellow set is that the blue color is the lone one in the lineup (outside of the "Mario Red" color) that isn't neon. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
I think Nintendo intentionally miss matched these colors so you feel like you have to buy two sets to get something that looks good.
1mclsg.jpg

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
I know Im Far from being the first one to say this, but I will never understand why Nintendo hasn't already released a series of "classic" joy cons.
  • NES (both jp and overseas editions)
  • SNES (both jp/eu and us editions)
  • Classic Gameboy grey
  • Gameboy Color (the one with the translucías she'll)
  • N64
  • Gamecube purple
  • Wii White
  • Wii U Black

The Joy-Cons are here to stay. Plenty of time left to release special editions.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'd really like a dark blue and orange or green and purple but for either of those I'd need to buy two sets. They going to sell these individually?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
they all look pretty garish... but i'm kinda into the yellow and purple pair if only because of the vague Wario and Waluigi connection

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
I want the Purple and the Yellow, but i refuse to buy both packs.
Who wants to split a couple of packs?
I keep purple and yellow, you get blue and orange?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I love my Switch, but I'm glad the drifting topic continues to get louder and louder. Those color combinations are awful as well. D-pad modded white shells w/ Super Famicom buttons is still my favorite of what's available.

C9Zfdszm.jpg

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I love the purple orange one but I wont be buying another pair of joycons from Nintendo directly until they confirm they fixed the hardware.

Its laughable that they completely ignore the issue and continue to push out 80 dollar controllers that are so shoddily made.