• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be tempted to jump in for the orange and purple ones. Reminds me of the GameCube. But I've already got 3 Joycon pairs, and two of them have fucking up left sticks. So I probably won't take the leap until I hear news that they've finally fixed the Joycon issues.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but whatever.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I love my Switch, but I'm glad the drifting topic continues to get louder and louder. Those color combinations are awful as well. D-pad modded white shells w/ Super Famicom buttons is still my favorite of what's available.

C9Zfdszm.jpg

Holy crap this looks amazing - how and where did you buy/do this?

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they sell an inverse bundle of Purple and Orange. I've been waiting for real purples and my friend's been waiting for spice orange so we could both buy a set and swap if they release an inverse bundle like with the blue and red or the splatoon colors

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Japan, where my individual controllers at. Gotta keep my complete set going! Still trying for dev black, labo, and Dragon Quest!

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Purple and Orange for the delayed Spyro/Crash bundle of games

Day one either way, goddamn they look gorgeous

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey is there an image of these colors alongside every currently available color?

I want to see that joycon rainbow. Give it to me!

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to buy that purple set, but nintendo doesn't get nearly enough shit for the absolutely ridiculous price of their controllers.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dammit I know joycon drift exists, but the joycon are my favorite controller so I can't help but bite on at least one of these.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Those Neon Orange/Neon Purple joycons would make for a nice Hat Kid-themed Switch!

Elma4Smash

Banned
Jul 15, 2019
Now I know why I find orange/purple so awful: It reminds me of that TERRIBLE poison island level in Mario Odyssey 🙈

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
That's not 100 percent accurate though. There are some joycons that are only available on one side of the system as far as I know. Unless Japan has all colors available on both sides.

Can anyone confirm whether they do?

If you buy directly from Nintendo Japan you can choose the colors for both Joycons. My friend got double green this way.
Dunno if this is also possible for Pokemon colors though.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Can you just get like, a set of two marching joycons? Purple is nice but feels garish paired with that yellow.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure there's a swap Joycons subreddit for those wanting matching/complimentary colours

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I want a different Yellow than the Neon Yellow. I bought them, but they aren't the shade of yellow I like.

The Pokemon Evee/Pikachu bundle had a better yellow, but that would probably be expensive to get new.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
Been wanting a new JoyCon set forever, but none of the colors have been tempting and these don't change that. Surprised Nintendo hasn't done more single-color sets, and zero clear ones despite the hype for after-market solutions.

Also, I get that drift is a real issue and the frustration with it is legitimate... but I don't know that posting about it constantly in this thread with zero other input or new information really helps to spread the word, or apply pressure to Nintendo to fix the problem.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like any of the new colors and I would also prefer matching joycons instead of two different colors.

I'm baffled that Nintendo hasn't released the most logical color schemes or special editions yet. The modded all black, all white and/or SNES colored ones look SO MUCH BETTER than any joycon pair released so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted those GameCube colours from the very start, but at this point it may be smarter to obtain electrical contact cleaner for my existing Pink/Green Splatoon set instead (which was itself purchased as an easy escape from defects in my Grey pair at launch—not just the sticks, in that case, but also the shoulder buttons).

Some of my favourite Nintendo controllers ever when they work, yet perhaps their worst when they don't.

Eclipse

Jan 31, 2018
Germany
I'm patiently waiting for official white joy cons. Imagine they'll be announced after I cave and purchase another pair.

You can basically apply that to everything. What if there will be a Switch Pro with Pro Joy-Cons announced soon.
I don't know why it takes Nintendo more than 2 Years to bring out some decent color options. They really don't like money.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I have the pink/green ones, was HOPING for purple/green... but can't justify the price tag just to switch out 1 joy con lol.