New key art for Astral Chain on JP eshop

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. A rare case of the game looking better than the artwork.

Last edited:

Linde

Sep 2, 2018
I think what's making it a little bit difficult to digest for me is the little bits of green in the otherwise blue/purple image. Love the artwork though

RadioJoNES

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ass. Ass. She has an ass. The ass takes up a good portion of the art. They gave the girl a uniquely shaped rear end. They gave the female character booty cop shorts.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
United States
stop looking at the butt stop acknowledging the butt stop acknowledging the sexism that goes behind giving the female character tight short shorts and posing her with her ass out while her male counterpart isn’t objectified

Zyrox

Oct 25, 2017
I like butts and all but this kinda pose for the female character is still disappointing to see on the key art for the game. Dumb that the male MC gets to look ready for action and the female MC...gets to show off her assets I guess.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, hello, weirdly shoehorned tiny butt.

There are so many things you can say from this art and many of you can only see the ass.
Compositionally, the eye goes right to those Spanx. It's a big block of lighter-toned color in an almost exclusively cool-toned artwork, with a light source bouncing right off it. So, yeah, this image literally communicates, "hey, it's a butt, I guess there's a robot and this dude, too."

Castile

Dec 1, 2017
Expected, we are talking about a guy that teaches the art of drawing butt to young up-and-coming artists. He draws what he loves, and is not afraid to tell it.

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
Looks cool. I can’t wait to see more of this game - possibly my most anticipated Switch game of 2019.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
We must show the butt and the chest simultaneously!!

Also, are we ever getting Zetman Part 2? The male player character is basically Jin.

shoemasta

Oct 28, 2017
Expected, we are talking about a guy that teaches the art of drawing butt to young up-and-coming artists. He draws what he loves, and is not afraid to tell it.
That artwork you posted doesn't make that argument any better especially when the girl looks like she is 10.

That's actually a criticism that has come up quite a lot especially in astral chain threads, "looks like generic anime". See it all the time
Hate to say it but, maybe because it does to people?

Linde

Sep 2, 2018
That artwork you posted doesn't make that argument any better especially when the girl looks like she is 10.

Hate to say it but, maybe because it does to people?
True, you're free to hold that opinion
Just makes me curious what you think is an example of something that looks like non generic anime is all because I don't think this looks generic whatsoever
But ya opinions

lord_of_flood

Jan 1, 2018
Key art looks neat, though yeah, that ass is pretty much in-your-face with how exaggerated it is. Masakazu Katsura is clearly not hiding his preferences.