• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the game but I'm not a fan of the art. Hope it isn't the cover.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
True, you're free to hold that opinion
Just makes me curious what you think is an example of something that looks like non generic anime is all because I don't think this looks generic whatsoever
But ya opinions
Uhh I guess something like Kazuma Kaneko's art?
My main point was that the rest of the art isn't something worth talking about compared to the very blatant ass.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
For a lot of games on the eshop the banner doesn't equate to the coverart unless it's a full 1st party game like Yoshi or Mario which always uses the main keyart.

So there's hope!

I don't like how it looks like in game backgrounds in the otherwise it's freaking cool as heck

Yeah it's weird. To be fair a fully drawn cover from the mangaka (Katsura's the name?) in the style of what Tales of gets could be nice. With different poses though.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
The box art is clearly a spoiler, as only a robot of some sort could possibly contort her body like that.
D6p-HI6-UX4-AEe8-AR.jpg
Ahahahahaha

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Personally I think the art overall is good, it seems to show the vibe of the game well and will make a great looking icon on the Switch menu.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah yeah shutup about the ass, it's more about how her lower half looks off proportionally

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
That logo, that font, those colors... This is dripping with style. This is the raddest effing anime I've never seen.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Are we ever going to get past "boobs & butt" poses? Everything else about this cover is aesthetic as heck, though!

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
1) LOL SMH

2) Not going to lie, that butt isn't that impressive? If you're going to go out of your way to force it into our faces...do better? Otherwise what's the point? Take some lessons from 2B if you're going to do something like this.

Yeah yeah shutup about the ass, it's more about how her lower half looks off proportionally

This too.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
jesus the perspective on that boob/butt is absolutely hideous

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
She doesnt have an ass in the first place. its pretty stupid to try and put it front and center like anyone gives a shit if your not gonna put any effort into the art in the first place. How about the game?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel it's mostly the way the leg is angled. It should be angled more to the front, the side angle makes the pose look needlessly overcomplicated - an easy mistake to make when working with a pose like this. Contrary to popular belief a lot of butt-boob poses aren't as impractical as some think.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I feel it's mostly the way the leg is angled. It should be angled more to the front, the side angle makes the pose look needlessly overcomplicated - an easy mistake to make when working with a pose like this. Contrary to popular belief a lot of butt-boob poses aren't as impractical as some think.

When is a butt-boob pose ever practical???

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Not going to lie, that butt isn't that impressive? If you're going to go out of your way to force it into our faces...do better? Otherwise what's the point? Take some lessons
Except, if you have read Katsura past work you will know that he prefers small butts. Even his drawing of Bayonetta has a reduced butt when compared to the original.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When is a butt-boob pose ever practical???
For modeling and posing? It's not that bad. I could dig up actual model references, many poses of that type are reasonably easy to uphold, despite how silly a few will look.

Main reason the pose gets flak is due to how transparently gratuitous it is to use it in promotional shots, particularly with this kind of attire - and yeah, some poses definitely take it too far (the general idea of the pose is always going to test an artist's grasp on general anatomy), this one only really falters on the leg imo.