• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why they are still holding back on marketing for the game. It's out in August, that's 3 months away, and there are still zero details about the Japanese LE package. We know there's an artbook and a soundtrack, but no details about the actual content. We don't even know who the composer is, or the "other famous creators lined up".
Happening with two Platinum projects atm (this and Babylon's Fall). Who knows? We'll probably get a gameplay livestream during their E3, etc, but it's weird to have a new IP with so little promotion.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I hope nintendo gives this game a big segment at E3, very interested in this.

They have so many other titles I think it will be hard to give it much focus though.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the NA box art doesn't use this, I've always hated that broken spine pose personally.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
a14z3j5e.jpg
How does that answer the question? Also fuck Zettai Ryouiki.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Hilariously terrible.

Reminds me of old Marvel comic covers where the artist only has a tertiary idea of how the human spine works.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Nier Automata has taught Platinum that you can bank on booty. (Wait... Bayonetta's a thing. Shit, there goes that idea)

I think the art looks nice, even if there's some creative license taken with anatomy. lol

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
masakazu katsura is GREAT artist era.
P1304290096.JPG

I guess wide shoulder-thin bottom is part of his style.
tumblr_nrr26mFrCq1sx28lao1_500.png

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
The police logo on their chest plate is so good, between that and the coloring on the jackets this game is almost my exact aesthetic right now.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does that answer the question? Also fuck Zettai Ryouiki.
Zettai ryouiki has a time and place, I actually like the damn thing. What can actually fuck off is zettai ryouiki being present EVERY FUCKING WHERE!

You can't throw a stone at any Japanese media without hitting 50 anime shows and 15 Japanese games in any given year that feature was some variation of the absolute territory. It's ruining a good thing by having too much of it.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The police logo on their chest plate is so good, between that and the coloring on the jackets this game is almost my exact aesthetic right now.
it's like a mash up of JJBA Stardust Crusaders MC's colour palette (the electric blues and deep purples), Judge Dredd, Virtua Cop's CG artwork and Tiger And Bunny, I personally love it's look.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
That's some key arsework

I'll boo myself out

I guess PG+ wants another Nier Automata success story.

Not to downplay the talents of those who worked on Nier Automata, but to a degree I think they just got lucky with 2B's design... they just happened to strike horny oil.

I do think this new girl gives 2B a decent run for her money, but I dunno if lightning will strike twice. On the other hand though, Astral Chain's male character spanks 9S... so maybe they'll get lucky there.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Not to downplay the talents of those who worked on Nier Automata, but to a degree I think they just got lucky with 2B's design... they just happened to strike horny oil.
I mean, 2B is pretty much full on Yoshida design. It's not a stroke of luck, it's on par with his usual work.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
The logo is nice, but actually if it is the cover it doesn't seem so good... anyway I am looking forward to getting more information at E3 about the game, I suppose we will get a new trailer

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Something about the art style and the palette feels off... i don't like it, tbh.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Zettai ryouiki has a time and place, I actually like the damn thing. What can actually fuck off is zettai ryouiki being present EVERY FUCKING WHERE!

You can't throw a stone at any Japanese media without hitting 50 anime shows and 15 Japanese games in any given year that feature was some variation of the absolute territory. It's ruining a good thing by having too much of it.

What pisses my gears is how much you see it on child characters. More often than not, it's subtle sexualization. And it's so fucking intentional.

Also obligatory
#IHaveNoPantsAndIMustScream

We should ask Platinum - kindly so - for the option to wear the male lead's pants as the female character. Frame it as a clothing option instead of asking to cover up. We all know how well the latter went with MGS V.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I guess so since I'll be in Singapore when it releases. And I love Katsura (especially VGA).
I don't remember how it looks (if I even saw it : P).
Eh, you might not be able to get it in Singapore if it remains a JP only LE. Stores will probably just carry the Asia distributed version, which for Switch games is US. I buy from Amazon Japan. ^^;

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
The art looks like Chinese bootlegs of an Anime that doesn't exist...

The game looks great in action though so no worries from me.