• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
EKOiFUqVAAE8rBb

EKOiFUpUEAEIHql

https://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030589/20191122094/

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember a scene from the original game where Barret and Marlene go to Aerith's church.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Aerith's is missing the Highwind, which makes sense, they probably haven't even finalized it yet.

Also those Chocobos look fantastic, so floofy.

Bobjam

Nov 27, 2017
If you go into the 4gamer link in the OP, interestingly Motomu Toriyama (Director of the FFXIII Triology) is apparently the 'Co-Director' or more specifically in charge of 'Scenario Design'. Don't think that was known before today right?

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
The game is so going to end with a shot close to the Aerith one in the key art. You'll get out of Midgar, get this wide open shot of the world and then-- boom-- credit roll.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
If you go into the 4gamer link in the OP, interestingly Motomu Toriyama (Director of the FFXIII Triology) is apparently the 'Co-Director' or more specifically in charge of 'Scenario Design'. Don't think that was known before today right?
He is reprising his role for this game, he already worked on scenario design and event planning in the original. And he is good at this.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Man..cannot wait to see a new, possibly in progress, Highwind design since it's missing from that Aeris picture.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The house is in the slums, so the new look definitely emphasizes that point. Great update.

+It's supposed to be next to this place. Arrows points to house area.
WuPz8QQ.png
Yeah, I always thought it was a little weird that you have that beautiful looking area right next to the slums. I like how the newer one reflects that now without necessarily looking run down.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Even if it was already modelled, I guess they didn't want to get people's hopes up thinking that Part I would extend beyond Midgar or something to that effect (#SquareEnixLied?)
Lol I'm not going that far, I just find it hilarious they'd go through the effort of showing that image without the best part of it. The original (that I remember) had her looking at the Highwind. What's the point of putting Aerith in some blank ass field that isn't even in Part1? Other than nostalgia baiting of course.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I'm not going that far, I just find it hilarious they'd go through the effort of showing that image without the best part of it. The original (that I remember) had her looking at the Highwind. What's the point of putting Aerith in some blank ass field that isn't even in Part1? Other than nostalgia baiting of course.
Of course. And I totally got that from your post. Just saying that even if the Highwind was ready and included, people would get the wrong impression and attack Square Enix, which is a shame since the picture absolutely feels incomplete.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
49118747433_a8d4f54e75_k.jpg

I see we're still firmly sacrificing any visual clarity at the altar of aesthetics that squenix's UX team has been on since at least Final Fantasy X. What a goddamn mess.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

As someone else mentioned (this thread,? another thread? too many VIIR threads today, hah), this could very well be the view after they've
escaped Midgar. It could be the final shot of the first game... at least from the hero's perspective.
Just don't know yet, but it's still a lovely image.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Of course. And I totally got that from your post. Just saying that even if the Highwind was ready and included, people would get the wrong impression and attack Square Enix, which is a shame since the picture absolutely feels incomplete.
A moot point considering the Barret Marlene part isn't even in the game, but I digress. It's promotional artwork. And it's coming eventually (if they get that far) so there's no reason not to show it, even if it's just for promotional purposes.

As someone else mentioned (this thread,? another thread? too many VIIR threads today, hah), this could very well be the view after they've
escaped Midgar. It could be the final shot of the first game... at least from the hero's perspective.
Just don't know yet, but it's still a lovely image.
No. It's not. It's an homage to the airship field pic, you can even see the markers on the ground. Both of these images are literally the key arts for the disc changes/other art for the original game.

I see we're still firmly sacrificing any visual clarity at the altar of aesthetics that squenix's UX team has been on since at least Final Fantasy X. What a goddamn mess.
They can't complain about your UI if they can't see it. -bigthink-

Good to see the "needless complication" aspect is going through all aspects of the game.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Hype that I get to play this in March but also a bit jealous of PC and Xbox players who will presumably play this on next gen tech. I know I can wait but naaaaaah, it looks so good. There is always part 2.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
No. It's not. It's an homage to the airship field pic, you can even see the markers on the ground. Both of these images are literally the key arts for the disc changes/other art for the game.

No shit it's an homage, but whining about IT'S NOT EVEN A SCENE IN THIS GAME is baseless right now since the game hasn't even released. That's what I was addressing about your post. In March I'll come back here and admit you were right that an image of Aerith in front of a vast open field and blue sky didn't end up in the game. How about that?

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018

Do you even know what's going on? It's not linked to the leveling up system if that's what your thinking. Strictly weapons.

Jesus you people seek out the oddest things to criticize the game for.