• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Great .... Having to spend 30 more bucks for playing the game as it should have been released. Should never've bought it... fuck me ...

Feb 5, 2018

Bizkit047 video analysis.

He brings up a good point about the new characters, Sora is a very mechanically made character while the others have a limited moveset and such so far and could be boring to play as. I wonder if playing as new characters is required everytime you do a fight, or if you can choose. Especially for limit cut battles, as it would be nice being able to play only as Sora and not forced to play a character that may not be fun to play as.

If there is any consolation, all of the limit cut fights have only been shown with Sora. They are in a unique location and Sora's battle command menu is unique in that mode.

The other characters are certainly limited, which is why I expect Lingering Will/Terra, Lea, Mickey, Xion and Ventus might also be playable.

The DLC description explains that Sora os witnessing events through all 7 guardians hears, indicating to me that all 7 guardians (not including Sora now) are likely playable.

- LW/Terra was somewhat hinted at with the 2nd trailer showing the beginning of LW and Terranorts fight.
- Lea is definitely a maybe considering Kairi is playable at certain points.
- If Riku is playable during the Xigbar/Dark Riku fight with Sora as a party member, I 100% assume Mickey is the same for the Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord fight too.
- Ventus should be considering the number of moves shown off in all 3 trailers by him.
- That leaves Xion, which im not sure of tbh.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
$30 is really expensive...

Just how substantial will this be?

Pretty substantial it seems.

13 different Data boss fights with the New Orgy 13.

Oathkeeper + Oblivion.

A redo of the final bottle in the new timeline where Sora rescues Kairi where the Squad deals with the Darknesses themselves.

Playable Roxas, Aqua, Riku, Kairi, Xion (and likely Ventus, Lea and Terra too)

Resolution for LS v Terranort

Kairi and Sora final boss fight with MX where you can play as Kairi

Post-game episode that deals with the aftermath of KH 3.

Sora meeting Yozora.

Potentially a Yozora fight.

The FF characters are in the game now

Oct 25, 2017
$30 is really expensive...

Just how substantial will this be?

Well, it has at least 13 superbosses added to the main scenario, along with two brand new scenarios (Remind and the Secret Episode). Seems pretty substantial to me. We don't know how long the new stuff is, but Nomura did say at one point that the Secret Episode would have a decent amount of content and multiple boss fights, so it's not just a 45 minute thing or something like that.

Not to mention at least 3 confirmed new playable characters (Roxas, Ventus and Kairi) plus more fights with Riku and Aqua and an explorable Scala ad Caelum.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Great .... Having to spend 30 more bucks for playing the game as it should have been released. Should never've bought it... fuck me ...

This is the 3rd time (actually 4th time? I believe BBS also got a Final Mix) they did it, so it's definitely your fault.
Also previously we didn't even get the final mixes and they were full price games.
Vanilla JP KH1 has to be so fucking terrible considering what's missing from it.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

He brings up a good point about the new characters, Sora is a very mechanically made character while the others have a limited moveset and such so far and could be boring to play as. I wonder if playing as new characters is required everytime you do a fight, or if you can choose. Especially for limit cut battles, as it would be nice being able to play only as Sora and not forced to play a character that may not be fun to play as.

Idk, I found Aqua funner to play as in III than Sora.

Cartwheeling feels so much better than Sora's Dark Souls dodge-rolls.

Even Aqua's barrier blocks are much better than Sora's slow ass back-handed block.

Oct 25, 2017
I paid $25 for the ffxv season pass so 30 ain't so bad. But damn this final mix rubs me so differently compared to the others. I think it's just my personal grips with base 3 compared to 1&2. I didn't feel dissatisfied when they ended. Remind actually gives me bbs final mix vibes

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nice, will definitely watch later.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Aqua's fine as a character since she's basically just Sora without the rides or links. It's the others that need more stuff.

Oct 29, 2017
So if I've already beat the game on Xbox, should I WAIT for another playthrough on PS4 (I don't want to wait a month). Or should I play on PS4 now to be ready?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like saying the other character won't be as well thought out as Sora is a pretty clear thing, it's also why I'm confident the data fights are only possible with Sora.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
The data fights have specific animations to them as we can see with Sora fighting Xigbar. They aren't gonna make those animations for everybody else

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
But what do they mean by shared features expanded?
I think it means they will let you use share feature until the end game?
I think currently the last part of the game blocks the share feature, i.e taking screenshots and videos on PS4Share function.
They did the same thing with 0.2 where after a year they allowed the players to use share feature for the last part of the game.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I think it means they will let you use share feature until the end game?
I think currently the last part of the game blocks the share feature, i.e taking screenshots and videos on PS4Share function.
They did the same thing with 0.2 where after a year they allowed the players to use share feature for the last part of the game.

Ooh that would be great, was happy that they unblocked the others so this would be great news

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019

Yep. Exactly my thoughts. Playing as Riku in III, and worse, in II, is really frustrating since it's essentially a gimmick, and if you get stuck in these the novelty wears fast. I know it did in Critical III.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
brightened up the final scene character
ELdlIrHVUAANmpD

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

Yeah, I imagine the other characters defiantly won't be as fleshed out as Sora, especially considering that RIku and Aqua weren't in the base game. My favorite new feature in KH3 was air step which is something I'd imagine none of the other characters have.

That said, I'm kind of cool with it because this is not part of the base game but an extra episode. I'll enjoy the novelty of being able to play as all these characters, but if I want to keep coming back for more fun I'll probably stick with limitcut. I'd imagine your forced to play as certain characters during Re:mind while you'll be playing as just Sora in limitcut.

Making multiple actually feel really distinct and different from one another is actually one of my biggest hopes for a KH game some day. I only think COM had this kind of distinction, while BBS and DDD had characters who all felt the same outside of the visual look of their animations.

I also got to say how much I like Bizkit047's videos. He does a great job explain the changes he wants to see and is very fair with his criticism. What I appreciate the most is that he can be critical but isn't completely damning either. He does a good job at pointing out good aspects of things too. Like, I don't just think everything sucks at the end of watching his videos, rather I feel like things could reasonably improve with changes.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I imagine the other characters defiantly won't be as fleshed out as Sora, especially considering that RIku and Aqua weren't in the base game. My favorite new feature in KH3 was air step which is something I'd imagine none of the other characters have.

That said, I'm kind of cool with it because this is not part of the base game but an extra episode. I'll enjoy the novelty of being able to play as all these characters, but if I want to keep coming back for more fun I'll probably stick with limitcut. I'd imagine your forced to play as certain characters during Re:mind while you'll be playing as just Sora in limitcut.

Making multiple actually feel really distinct and different from one another is actually one of my biggest hopes for a KH game some day. I only think COM had this kind of distinction, while BBS and DDD had characters who all felt the same outside of the visual look of their animations.

Now this just ain't true. BBS has a lot of issues, but Aqua, Ven and Terra were pretty damn distinct from each other in build, movement and strings. They definitely had overlap, but they most certainly did not play like each other, especially in comparison to CoM

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
What are chances of a secret Sephiroth boss? Probably pretty small if they didn't show it in the trailer. If you have it, you'll probably want to show it to get all those extra sales.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Now this just ain't true. BBS has a lot of issues, but Aqua, Ven and Terra were pretty damn distinct from each other in build, movement and strings. They definitely had overlap, but they most certainly did not play like each other, especially in comparison to CoM
I agree with what your saying, but I guess I viewed the games a bit different. I'll try to explain myself a bit better.

CoM's mechanics were tied directly to its card based battles. I felt like the way Sora and Riku used this mechanic was pretty different. You had Sora, where you would build your own deck, using what you had found and abstained throughout his campaign. On the other hand, Riku fundenetally used the system differently because you were locked into specific decks. Because of this I found the way I had to approach Sora and Riku to be rather different. Riku also had access to D-mode which was a completely new mechanic that Sora didn't have.

In BBS I felt like all the characters were very distinct in terms of their visual presentation, but the way I ultimately approached them was still rather similar. Like, the first command style you get with all three are very different from each other but I didn't feel like I was using them in unique ways. In the end they all served the same basic purpose. If they all went into command style through a different set of mechanics and rules I might have felt differently. Throw on top of that that a lot of BBS's combat comes from using commands, most of which are shared between characters, which makes the characters feel even more similar. I felt like the most distinct character in BBS was Terra because his dodge gave him an "all-in or all-out" kind of approach to combat but I could still use only magic commands with him and still get by just fine.

I guess the short version is that in CoM I felt like Sora and Riku had different feeling mechanics while in BBS I felt like the trIo all had really distinct fighting styles but all used the same basic mechanics which made them feel a bit similar to me. It would be like if the trio in DMC5 all functioned like Dante, just with different weapons and animations.

Feb 5, 2018
What are chances of a secret Sephiroth boss? Probably pretty small if they didn't show it in the trailer. If you have it, you'll probably want to show it to get all those extra sales.
If there is, its in the free update, i cant see how in Re:Mind Sora is able to encounter Sephiroth.

My hope is Nomura updated the base game to have FF characters and a special event where the Cloud and Sephiroth conflict continued.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

This has been a thing since KH 1. When it comes to main games, wait a year if you want to save money then get the Final Mix version which is

I also got to say how much I like Bizkit047's videos. He does a great job explain the changes he wants to see and is very fair with his criticism. What I appreciate the most is that he can be critical but isn't completely damning either. He does a good job at pointing out good aspects of things too. Like, I don't just think everything sucks at the end of watching his videos, rather I feel like things could reasonably improve with changes.

Whoa, whoa.

Ventus, Aqua and Terra all felt distinct from each other.

Terra feels so slow and clumsy.

Ventus play sorta like Sora but faster and less kick to his punches.

Aqua's style is mostly magic /command-heavy but her Command Styles are very OP.

And they all have different shotlocks and blocks that are best-suited to them.

Edit: Just read your newest post. Eeeh, that sounds more like a you thing than a real criticism of the game.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I just realized there's a render for Cid as well. Glad he's coming back too.

Whoa, whoa.

Ventus, Aqua and Terra all felt distinct from each other.

Terra feels so slow and clumsy.

Ventus play sorta like Sora but faster and less kick to his punches.

Aqua's style is mostly magic /command-heavy but her Command Styles are very OP.

And they all have different shotlocks and blocks that are best-suited to them.

Edit: Just read your newest post. Eeeh, that sounds more like a you thing than a real criticism of the game.

I guess I'll concede then. For the record I actually like BBS more than CoM, I just thought the way the characters handled seemed more interesting to me in CoM. But yeah, probably more of a me thing.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Riku feels pretty barebones, but I do appreciate that they styled him off of his Dream Drop Distance incarnation as far as abilities go (Dark Roll is the most busted dodge ability in the series).

All he needs is a melee combo that isn't disorienting, a command style like Aqua and a shotlock and he'd be good money.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
So I am assuming that there are cutscenes and Scala Ad Caelum explorable and extra bosses in the actual game after this DLC update. I really hope it is not some separated thing that you click on from the main menu like the 3 individual main story DLCs for XV/

Feb 5, 2018
Riku feels pretty barebones, but I do appreciate that they styled him off of his Dream Drop Distance incarnation as far as abilities go (Dark Roll is the most busted dodge ability in the series).

All he needs is a melee combo that isn't disorienting, a command style like Aqua and a shotlock and he'd be good money.

He did get a shotlock ability at least, you can see a focus guage on him now.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Depends if you're really into KH to be honest. $30 IS a high asking price so if you aren't big on the series or KH3 its probably not gonna be worth it. It seems more substantial than KH2FM+'s additions at least.

That's true. I guess I was just expecting this to be like $15 tops for some reason, so it being twice that was kind of shocking to see. I haven't been keeping up with the price of DLC this gen, so I didn't really know what to expect.

Pretty substantial it seems.
Well, it has at least 13 superbosses added to the main scenario, along with two brand new scenarios (Remind and the Secret Episode). Seems pretty substantial to me. We don't know how long the new stuff is, but Nomura did say at one point that the Secret Episode would have a decent amount of content and multiple boss fights, so it's not just a 45 minute thing or something like that.

That does sound pretty substantial, thanks!

It really isn't considering FM's of the past were $60 and Japan exclusive.

You were getting the full games + the additional content there though, at least!

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Also apparently Yozora and Sora have the same VA in Japanese or people are saying it sounds like that at least.

We getting another Vanitas situation here?

Yozora is Sora's parallel universe counterpart and they switch places or something.

Loke13

Oct 26, 2019
Also apparently Yozora and Sora have the same VA in Japanese or people are saying it sounds like that at least.

We getting another Vanitas situation here?

Yozora is Sora's parallel universe counterpart and they switch places or something.
I mean the character's name is Yozora Nomura isn't known for his subtlety.