• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're never going to acknowledge that Yen Sid was supposed to be a pupil of the same master as Xehanort and Eraqus, and training with them as a trio again are they.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
"You wanna play Union X after playing 3? Go right ahead, just be sure to play through NINE HUNDRED FUCKING MISSIONS and be sure to get gems to pull better units too. Also be sure to be OP as fuck if you want to see the Keyblade War content. Wait where are you going?"
Nowadays you can skip all the non-story missions. Plus a few free pulls nowadays will probably give you such good medals that can push you through all the campaign missions. They are a joke difficulty wise.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
"You wanna play Union X after playing 3? Go right ahead, just be sure to play through NINE HUNDRED FUCKING MISSIONS and be sure to get gems to pull better units too. Also be sure to be OP as fuck if you want to see the Keyblade War content. Wait where are you going?"
Honestly, the amount of non-optional filler is absolutely disgusting. They didn't need to make all these story missions, they could have had a Disney mission tab and had these all in their own arcs, but they didn't, and now the game is completely impenetrable.

I have no sympathy for it's closure considering how awfully they handled their powercreep and mission structure. I only feel bad for those who invested heavily in the game and enjoyed it, and I hope they at least got their money's worth of fun in the content.

Nowadays you can skip all the non-story missions. Plus a few free pulls nowadays will probably give you such good medals that can push you through all the campaign missions. They are a joke difficulty wise.

Is that so? I thought all the missions people complained about were stuck in a row in the story mission tab, that's what people complain about. Is it easier to skip all the non-important ones now?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
High key really annoyed considering the story that is there is actually super interesting, but while I love KH dearly, I'm not gonna trudge through all that for the little nuggets of story.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's UX and Dark Road in the same app, the app size is likely to be bloated as all hell (unless the app only tells you to start downloading UX content when trying to start that up).

Also cards instead medals...When UX was a browser game, wasn't it cards then too? lol

They're never going to acknowledge that Yen Sid was supposed to be a pupil of the same master as Xehanort and Eraqus, and training with them as a trio again are they.

No way Disney is gonna let Square design a young Yen Sid. They're probably gonna retcon it and say Yen Sid already graduated before this game or something

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the amount of non-optional filler is absolutely disgusting. They didn't need to make all these story missions, they could have had a Disney mission tab and had these all in their own arcs, but they didn't, and now the game is completely impenetrable.

I have no sympathy for it's closure considering how awfully they handled their powercreep and mission structure. I only feel bad for those who invested heavily in the game and enjoyed it, and I hope they at least got their money's worth of fun in the content.

Is that so? I thought all the missions people complained about were stuck in a row in the story mission tab, that's what people complain about. Is it easier to skip all the non-important ones now?
You just simply do not have to complete missions that don't have any story in them. They still exist in the list but you can just always skip to the next story quest. You still have Disney filler but at least it's only the quests with cutscenes and not the ones that are just you running around places. I'm not sure how much this shaves, but I'd guess you maybe have to play somewhere around 300 quests if even that. That's still quite a lot but not quite as daunting as, like, 900.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I mean, Xehanort is done. Whatever comes chronologically after KHIII will not have Xehanort as the big bad anymore. Xehanort did presumably do a lot of shit in his past so it can be interesting to see what that is, but this doesn't mean that Xehanort is a huge deal overall going forward in KHIV or whatever follows III time-wise.

If there was a time to tell his origin, it was in the last 18 years where he was a central focus. Now that we JUST moved on from him and his story is concluded, he's gonna be the center of the next major KH project after III.

It's too much incompetence.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh man. This is even worse than I imagined.
I mean, what did you imagine? They are just putting this new game in the same app as Union X, you probably don't even need to download Union X to play it.

I mean, like most mobile games, they don't frontload the content, you have to download the smaller boilerplate before the big game when you start the app, so if you wanna give Dark Road a shot, you can just download that.

Otherwise, we were told it was gonna be a mobile game, made by the Union X team, and that's what we're getting.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Those motherfuckers. Right when the Union X plot is getting extra juicy, they pull this shit. We're going back to filler oblivion until the next installment.

hUNSgBZ.png

Nomura pls

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So... if I want to try playing this, I guess I should go wild with all the free currency I gained from not playing KHUx in years?

Last time I checked in on it (while getting the keyblade from minigames) I'd had a ton pile up in my inbox that somehow hadn't expired. Pulling a few times and seeing random Disney characters show up between random 7* medals labeled like Kingdom Hearts II Riku Version A with even more ridiculously named skills, while the game announced me hitting GUILT levels or something, is one of the most overwhelming things I've seen in gaming. So I guess I'll have to pick some banners and experience that confusion again.