• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm just...I'm so done with this. This and FFXV both show a fragmented "fix it later" approach to main line games that sell millions and yet somehow can't tell their stories in full in the media they're supposed to be. People will enjoy it, and I'm happy for them, but this has gone off the deepend of stupid. The fact that the main antagonist of the entire saga leading up to this point is getting their backstory in a mobile game is bullshit and the fact that people are cool with this just makes me hate KH more.

People are going to read my text as being angry or yelling or something but I'm really just like...disappointed that this is what Square resorts to. Cell phone games, anime, spinoffs that tell the rest of the story instead of being able to have ONE coherent narrative.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Will the story of this game be finished any time this decade or is this going to be another game where you get actual significant bits of story like once a year buried between hundred of filler quests?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dude...like fucking hell... Another mobile game that Will explain important stuff for the lore?

This is bs.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura mentioned in the KH3 Ultimania that he wanted to do a Xehanort prequel game before KH3 but it didn't work out. I remember people were pretty stoked on the idea when news of it came into light and criticized SE for jumping into KH3 instead. Guess Nomura was dead set on making this happen in any way he could; if they wouldn't give him the money and resources for a console game, he'd take it to mobile.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
did people want mobile KH?
No but Square does, and Nomura is going to put heavy lore into it again so KH will forever be a clusterfuck of a story.
I was somewhat following the story but since they required le to play mobile games, I haven't touched a KH game agian, I don't want to feel left out because I refuse to play a Gacha game so I figured it's time to stop being invested in Kingdom Hearts.
People saying to play those for the gameplay and ignore the story, but that's not how I do gaming, I want the full experience.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Helpful hint for the name guessing; Nomura bases the acronyms of the non-numbered game titles on internet/computer terms.

CoM = .com

BbS = bulletin board system

Coded = code

UX = user experience

Don't believe me? He talks about it in this interview: https://www.siliconera.com/how-did-nomura-come-up-with-the-name-birth-by-sleep/
Won't this game just be a revamp on Union X much like Unchained X before it?

In which case it's expect it to be something like Updive Xehanort

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
A mobile game really? Wouldnt a prequel about such an important character warrant a title on a REAL gaming platform.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Kingdom Hearts (/)

Prounounced "paren slash paren"

It's a zero, because this takes place before KH1. It's also an O, for "origin." The slash represents the conflict within Xehanort's heart.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oh come the fuck on, another non-home-console entry that will be important for the story in some way. I'm so fucking tired of that shit.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Just fuck off with Xehanort already. The only interesting thing about him was his seemingingly unapologetic evilness and now that's gone.

LukasHeinzel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am fine With it, if you can go through the story without spending money. The Lore is just as confusing and weird as Destiny. I love lore, but both games need to integrate the lore way better into the actual game.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I don't find this to be a big issue or annoyance to be honest. It's kinda like Star Wars, except one where every canon-related material kind of matters.

It's clear that Nomura has a lot of story threads in KH universe that he wants to explore as a game, and not just in novels or spin-offs. Foretellers, Keyblade War, Xehanort backstory, etc etc.

However, even with 4 development arms of the KH franchise now, it's not like KH is now Assassin's Creed and have an army of 2,000+ developers on rotation to make console KH games on a regular clip. If Project Xehanort is a full-scale console game, it wouldn't be out this year, but rather 2 years from now at the earliest.

And that would also have a cascading effect to delay spin-off #2 and also delay the mainline KH game even further, because it's not like there are limitless resources to develop high-end games.

A mobile game to tell the backstory of Xehanort, a character who's main arc is more or less completed in KH3 is honestly far preferable than Nomura taking an extra many months to make a high-budget Xehanort backstory game.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't find this to be a big issue or annoyance to be honest. It's kinda like Star Wars, except one where every canon-related material kind of matters.

It's clear that Nomura has a lot of story threads in KH universe that he wants to explore as a game, and not just in novels or spin-offs. Foretellers, Keyblade War, Xehanort backstory, etc etc.

However, even with 4 development arms of the KH franchise now, it's not like KH is now Assassin's Creed and have an army of 2,000+ developers on rotation to make console KH games on a regular clip. If Project Xehanort is a full-scale console game, it wouldn't be out this year, but rather 2 years from now at the earliest.

And that would also have a cascading effect to delay spin-off #2 and also delay the mainline KH game even further, because it's not like there are limitless resources to develop high-end games.

A mobile game to tell the backstory of Xehanort, a character who's main arc is more or less completed in KH3 is honestly far preferable than Nomura taking an extra many months to make a high-budget Xehanort backstory game.

Whoa now buddy, don't go talking sensibly in a ResetERA Kingdom Hearts thread.

Oct 27, 2017
The prequel game that released alongside Dream Drop Distance HD starring Aqua doing nothing really important other than being sad in the Realm of Darkness.

Mickey gets rushed by Heartless and his shirt flies off. That's it.

I know the KH games have had terrible plots since the very beginning, but this has to be the most useless, dumbest KH plot I've seen to date.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the KH games have had terrible plots since the very beginning, but this has to be the most useless, dumbest KH plot I've seen to date.
Have you played it? Kingdom Hearts 0.2 is basically a demo for KH3. It's a short experience that doesn't add much to the story but gave people a taste of what to experience from the next game, that's all.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I love Young Xehanort, but if this is anything like KHuX then I'm out.

I think the creation of this game is in response to the decreasing engagement of Union Cross.

Don't be surprised if Union Cross concludes after the Wreck-It Ralph plot and the developers of Union Cross move over towards this game instead.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think the creation of this game is in response to the decreasing engagement of Union Cross.

Don't be surprised if Union Cross concludes after the Wreck-It Ralph plot and the developers of Union Cross move over towards this game instead.
Wonder how they wrap everything up in UX. We've gotten a ton of answers in the past year, but the story moves at such a snails pace with the updates. There's still a lot we don't know yet.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I would have preferred this to be a console game in truth (Playable Xehanort sounds awesome!). I did want this story told though. I thought KH3 would have answered it but only really teased at it. That and I'm not so sure itll link to future games so heavily. KH3 was meant to be the end of Xehanort saga, only really expecting references to him in KH4+. Though the blurred people on the pictures could...
Pretty much impossible to hope for, but hope it's just a paid mobile game. Greatly dislike the f2p model on mobile games, super exploitative. KHUX being no exception sadly, while I do play regularly and like the gameplay/lore well enough (though most is filler), I do consider it a stain on KHs pride with how it handles monetization.
The idea of a mobile KH game I'm not totally against though, but I'm hoping it's not the end to spin off console games, I thought the experimentation in the spin offs were very good, the evolving combat system from COM to BBS to KH3D was great and a great combat system in it's own right, was slightly surprised it didnt fully carry over to 3, but some elements did.
2 mobile games does seem too much, but depends how this will be.