• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Was announced in the blog post announcing the SXSW tourny

HCS INVITATIONAL AT SXSW 2019
Today we're excited to reveal that the HCS invitational will be taking over the esports stage at the legendary SXSW (South by Southwest) festival in Austin, Texas from March 15-17. SXSW is a yearly cultural touchstone for music, film, and interactive media in the world, and we're thrilled to bring Halo esports to the fans in attendance with over $100,000 in prizing on the line.

Tickets for fans are available HERE.

If you are not able to make it, be sure to tune in to mixer.com/Halo and twitch.tv/Halo each day at 12PM CT. Not only will you be treated to amazing matches and gameplay, but we've also got some exciting MCC news to reveal during the show.

As mentioned in the blog we released a couple weeks ago, our goals are to showcase Halo and Halo esports at larger pre-existing events where tens of thousands of attendees have the opportunity to watch Halo, or hang out with us and play some Halo for themselves. We also want to entertain fans in new ways by using the broadcast to showcase different formats, modes, and players/personalities in hopes of creating a more diverse and ultimately more fun and entertaining show while keeping the thrill of competition at the forefront. We also see this as a great opportunity to unite the entire competitive Halo community in new ways. With these goals in mind, we felt an Invitational provided the best format and structure for this event.

Let's jump into the details!

I did not insert the bold, that was in the blog itself.

Looks like MCC is just getting bigger with new tournaments and pretty consistent updates, I am wondering what this news is going to be though? Reveal of the customs browser maybe?

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they already announced that custom game browser is in next update - I haven't heard anything about halo ce custom after the initial announcement on that

I think the mcc on PC is going to happen at some point but i don't know if it would be this soon - They need experience with a pc game and with another 2 years till halo 6 this is a good stopgap

I think it could be halo reach for mcc - with odst and reach firefight
But that seems less confirmed than halo mcc pc
It's a bit of a Reach to expect anything crazy at the show, but who knows.
Ayyyyyyyy

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So they already announced that custom game browser is in next update - I haven't heard anything about halo ce custom after the initial announcement on that

I think the mcc on PC is going to happen at some point but i don't know if it would be this soon - They need experience with a pc game and with another 2 years till halo 6 this is a good stopgap

Ayyyyyyyy
Yeah thinking about it, I would assume the custom browser will be out before March, so no idea what this could be really.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Great news! Hope to see this game continue to grow with all of the great updates. It is shaping up to be the game we imagined at 2014 E3.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

Ayyyyyyyy
I still think they could do Firefight for each version of Halo in MCC.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
In their previous blogs, they've mentioned a lot of focus on grassroots tournaments with a focus on Halo 3. They've mentioned a few times that the community has a strong voice on wanting to see more Halo 3. Could there be a Halo 3 remake in the works that would be a paid expansion to MCC? Who knows.

Likely: Announcing a global Xbox Live tournament or the announcement of a customs game browser
Probable: Reach being addded
Pipe Dream: Halo 3 HD

Some context:
Jan. 4, 2019 blog
When we first talked about 2019 details, we mentioned that our support for Halo 3 would reflect the level of excitement and support from the community. Since the community has come out in droves to support the title, we'll be doubling down our efforts to match that as well. As we work to finalize the 2019 roadmap of official HCS events and HCS Grassroots-sponsored events, we are working to add more competitions and LAN events to the calendar (including ones outside of North America) as well as increasing prize pools as we go.

Aug. 27, 2018 blog
This first update is a huge milestone that dramatically improves and enhances MCC – but the team isn't planning to stop. An oft-requested feature, a Custom Game Browser, is on the agenda as are a variety of additional quality of life improvements and additional fixes (based on both current known issues and new issues that arise after this update is out in the wild). We'll be monitoring game data and feedback regularly so please let us know what you think!

And yes, when it comes to future features, the team is definitely aware that many, many players are very eager to see Halo: Reach added – we don't have anything to announce or commit to right now, but it's on the long list of things the team is constantly evaluating and thinking about for possible future updates.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's a bit of a Reach to expect anything crazy at the show, but who knows.

Eyyyyyyyyyyy!

{add-mandatory-Halo-on-PC-begging-here}
The boxes have been checked. It's likely one of these things.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I doubt it is PC port news, as much as I want that to happen.

I'd say Reach is most likely, Halo 3 remaster as second most likely, PC as third.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Broke: Halo Reach being Added
Woke: Halo MCC PC
Bespoke: 32 player mode for Halo CE so those huge PC maps finally have enough players

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Likely: Custom Game Browser and Custom Edition improvements
Less likely: MCC on PC, Reach and ODST Firefight
lol no: Halo 3 Anniversary

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's Reach, I'll re-download MCC the moment it's announced

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's probably going to be Xbox Live Arena Tournaments support, they mentioned at the start of development this is something they wanted to support.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they're teasing this announce two months in advance, must be something big. MCC coming to PC I think.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Dat "Phil Spencer as one of the heads of Microsoft money" will allow great things.

Think Big.

PC version. Custom browser. Reach. 4K. 120fps.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Only with the 343 era patch that removed bloom and nerfed the hell out of Armor Lock

No thank you. Next you'll be saying I can't push teammates off the Spire during an invasion match.

QZNz.gif

Messy Reach is the best Reach.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I would love for Reach to be added. And I still think it's inevitable that the collection (or some form of the older games) will come to PC sooner rather than later.

Side note: if Reach ends up getting added, please God let us disable the atrocious motion blur. Shit gives me a headache every time I try to replay the game...

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I would love for Reach to be added. And I still think it's inevitable that the collection (or some form of the older games) will come to PC sooner rather than later.

Side note: if Reach ends up getting added, please God let us disable the atrocious motion blur. Shit gives me a headache every time I try to replay the game...
Yeah that TAA and motion blur NEED to go

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
pc4me plz
I'll make a deal with you MS, I'll use your store if you do it!

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Honestly I just want an FoV slider so all the games can be the same FoV. Halo 3 has the lowest FoV of any game I've played in a while and it really makes it hard to play. That and a hitscan H3 BR custom game option.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Come on Reach! I would love to see it at 4K/60 with better AA and no motion blur

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
If it were anything major such as Reach, H3 remaster or even PC release i would expect that to be saved for E3.