• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I Played Metro: Exodus for 4 Hours. It's Really, Really Good

http:///Cldd.jpg
http:///Eldd.jpg
http:///Dldd.jpg

https://www.squarexo.co.uk/metro-exodus-last-first-impressions/

"However, what I find even more impressive is that this story-driven, linear survival game has almost flawlessly incorporated sandbox exploration — something that I was a little apprehensive about as a long-term fan of the series. "

Sand Mutants, Mad Max Cars And 6 More Metro Exodus Features You'll Love

https://www.videogamer.com/previews/metro-exodus-is-bright-bleak-and-has-a-van

http://egamersnews.com/metro-exodus...at-its-greatest-while-you-return-underground/

https://techheading.com/metro-exodus-preview-trusted-reviews/

"Metro Exodus feels like the culmination of 4A Game's ambition for the novel's adaptation, coming to a crescendo of innovation that builds upon everything that makes the series so special. "

metro-exoduss-summer-map-is-fun-but-its-at-its-best-when-you-go-back-underground.jpg

1547652632_663_metro-exoduss-summer-map-is-fun-but-its-at-its-best-when-you-go-back-underground.jpg

1547652632_627_metro-exoduss-summer-map-is-fun-but-its-at-its-best-when-you-go-back-underground.jpg

Last edited:

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Damn this is looking good. Too bad there's quite a bit of competition at Metro's release window,I hope the game gets the sales it deserves in the end

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It looks good, but something about this just doesn't click with me. I don't know what it is, I just can't shake the feeling that it looks like just another FPS. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for it right now. It looks technically phenomenal though, they've done an excellent job with the visuals.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's looking really good. I do hope there's a good balance between larger areas and the claustrophobic feeling of past Metro games though.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It's looking really good. I do hope there's a good balance between larger areas and the claustrophobic feeling of past Metro games though.

i´ve read a preview on a german site a few minutes ago and they say there are sections which play underground and resemble the tunnel sections of Metro, complete with the lighter and mask. it remains to be seen how many of these sections are in the game though.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Is it time to finally play the first 2 games? Which is the best way to do it, with a ps4?

TheWickedSoul

Oct 26, 2017
Really hyped for this game. Loved 2033 and Last Light.

Slightly Off topic.

I thought SkillUp wasnt allowed on here anymore? His LaymenGaming channel content, defending problematic Youbtubers and his recent Gilette ad reaction. Yikes.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Going through the Metro redux series right now. Finished 2033 and on Last light now, been loving what I've been playing. I'm liking Last light more than 2033 so far due to it feeling better paced. Pretty much sold on getting Exodus at some point.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
The game will be visual feast, no doubts about that. From what they have showed so far, it doesn't looks like a Metro game though. All of these bright, open world'ish levels makes me less and less interested.
The dumb AI is something to be expected, considering their previous Metro games.

btw lol didn't know SkillUp stuff was banned here.

Oct 26, 2017
The guy in the first video talks about one negative thing and that's the A.I.

Damn that's disappointing, i guess it can change but we'll see. All else sounds fantastic. Wasn't aware they were going open world with this, but I'm glad they also still got the more linear, scripted parts.

Did they play on PC or XBX

I asked the guy from the first posted video by the OP. Let's wait and see what he says. My guess is PC because it looks damn crisp in the footage.

OP
OP
misho8723

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia

Damn that's disappointing, i guess it can change but we'll see. All else sounds fantastic. Wasn't aware they were going open world with this, but I'm glad they also still got the more linear, scripted parts.

I asked the guy from the first posted video by the OP. Let's wait and see what he says. My guess is PC because it looks damn crisp in the footage.

He was playing on XboxOneX, if you mean the video titled - I Played Metro: Exodus for 4 Hours. It's Really, Really Good [4k Gameplay]

Oct 26, 2017
The game will be visual feast, no doubts about that. From what they have showed so far, it doesn't looks like a Metro game though. All of these bright, open world'ish levels makes me less and less interested.
The dumb AI is something to be expected, considering their previous Metro games.

btw lol didn't know SkillUp stuff was banned here.

Why's he banned?

For what it's worth, Skill Up says it definitely still feels like Metro even with the open world areas.

OP
OP
misho8723

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia

Well who knows on which difficulty they played the game at the event, but I doubt that they played on the highest and definitely not on Ranger difficulty, which let's be honest, is the difficulty the game is meant to be played - and the AI is good there.. stealth is still too easy, but in shootouts the human AI is really good.. and the mutants are smart as much as you can expect them to be

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Edited:

Graphically this game looks amazing. I'm glad he mentioned he was playing it on an Xbox One X. We knew it was going to be 30fps (and native 4K). He also said he did not know if there was going to be a performance mode for 60fps, but that he highly doubt there will be, but not to quote him on that. Okay that's pretty much expected that it likely won't. But that's okay, obviously high-end PCs will allow for 60fps.

And yet, next-gen consoles are almost around the corner. So who's to say that 4A Games won't do for Metro Exodus on PS5 and Xbox Scarlett/Anaconda what they did for Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux on PS4 and Xbox One, compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions, right guys? I hope so anyway. A 60fps Metro Exodus on next gen consoles with graphics quality cranked upto 11 (minus ray tracing effects) would be a nice game to fill out the launch lineup in 2020 IMO.

Anyway, I need to play through Metro Redux on PS4 since Exodus comes out in 1 month and I'll play that on X1X.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Graphically this game looks amazing. I'm glad he mentioned he was playing it on an Xbox One X. We knew it was going to be 30fps (and native 4K). What he said he did not know is if there was going to be a performance mode for 60fps, and that he highly doubt its. Okay that's pretty much expected that it likely won't. But that's okay. Obviously high-end PCs will allow for 60fps.

Yet, next-gen consoles are almost around the corner. Who is to say that 4A Games won't do for Metro Exodus on PS5 and Xbox Scarlett/Anaconda what they did for Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux on PS4 and Xbox One, compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 versions, right guys?

I need to play through Metro Redux, since Exodus comes out in 1 month.

Native 4K, damn I totally forgot about that. That's damn impressive.

I see the IGN preview video on YouTube, I didn't watch it yet but it asks "Will Metro Exodus finally take Metro mainstream?" well I sure hope not! Guess it depends on what they mean with mainstream, but still.

Sentient

Oct 27, 2017
This looks absolutely stunning... Less than 30 days to go, man. Preordered yesterday, despite STILL not knowing the PC system requirements.

I finished both Metro 2033 and Last Light last year. I really enjoyed the experience, one of the most immersive and thrilling games I played. Bought the audiobook trilogy to help with waiting for release.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
One to watch. Looking at the footage, visually doesn't wow me like RDR did for example, or GOW for that matter, but it's certainly very pretty.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Sucks to hear the AI is pretty dumb. Any conformation on difficulty modes? The game still looks amazing and definitely a day 1 buy though.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Was just thinking yesterday how they've been pretty quiet about this for a game coming out so soon. Looks awesome though, can't imagine I'll be able to get to it next month but can't wait to jump in later this year.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I'm real hyped for this game and these screens/art look amazing, but wow what a huge change in environment/setting where now there's giant Mad Max-style fortresses.
Seems kinda odd where in the originals people barely went to the surface but now there's huge settlements with cities that took years to create but clearly it isn't too far in the future since you play the same character.