• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i guess this is out now

sorry i already drank it but the liquid is white

0wNoyuR.jpg

what do you guys think the flavor is

cause it tastes like skittles or starbursts

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'll let you know what I think it is when the 12 pack goes on sale at my local store.
$3-$4 for the 12 pack sure, but I don't want to spend $6 on one right now :P

I'm curious how it is in general though.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I feel like all these contests are just held to settle internal debates. Like there are two competing factions arguing that it tastes like more like one thing over another, and the contest is just a public poll. Whatever gets the most votes is what they say it was.

Also, they should make a Poo Dew flavor to promote the next Star Wars movie.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hope it's leftover flavors in the hopper and they filter the color out. So it is random and a mix every time. Like dumdums.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So got some today.
I agree with the person that said orange creamsicle (but with a bit of a fruity other taste to it)
and my SO thinks it tastes like skittles... from the same can of it that we shared :P

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Haven't tried it, I don't really care for Mountain Dew very much, but I enjoy trying the different flavors they throw out there.

I wish I could find something like Jones Soda's mystery flavor from a decade or so ago. That stuff tasted incredible, and I stocked up on dozens of bottles that didn't last very long.

And Sobe Elements rain flavor... the nectar of the gods

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
For whatever reason this stuff is impossible to find in central and south Austin. It's over 10 miles away from me to find a 20 oz and there are only two places (24 and 35 miles away) that sold the 12-pack. Crazy! Hopefully they roll out more of it as it gets closer to Halloween but I'm not hopeful. I figured everywhere that got the Liberty Dew or whatever it's called would get it but apparently not.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Got one in my store the other day. Definitely has a Vanilla-ish flavor to it, so my guess is Orange Cream. Pretty good stuff though! đź‘Ś

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I saw one this morning at Quiktrip and didn't get it. Maybe I will later.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a 12 pack of this 2 weeks ago. Everyone in my house thought it tasted like Pina colada.

Nov 1, 2017
It's def orange creamsicle. Pretty good imo. I don't really drink non-diet soda anymore but I always have to try new Mountain Dew flavors. Liberty Brew is pretty good too. Tastes like a melted blue raspberry ICEE.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It tastes like cereal marshmallows in liquid form. Creamsicle is close but there's not nearly enough orange to it.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
When a manufacturer says "mystery flavor" what it normally means is "The left overs all tossed together." and since the ratio varies, it'll likely taste slightly different depending on when it's made.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
When a manufacturer says "mystery flavor" what it normally means is "The left overs all tossed together." and since the ratio varies, it'll likely taste slightly different depending on when it's made.
That's mostly what my thoughts are as well.

Mostly after having a few (I bought a 12 pack) I'm guessing it's about 35% code red. about 25% livewire, about 20% white out and 20% of something else. I don't think there is any voltage or pitch black in it.

As for why I have the code red higher than livewire even though the orange flavor is stronger... it's because in general orange is a flavor that is stronger and given people are debating how orange it is, it can't be the majority flavor.

That being said, unless they don't dye the liquid as they make it, it can't merely be the left overs tossed together as it's white and only whiteout is white :P

OP
OP
SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i think the mystery flavor stuff is true of like dum dums

but everything else seems like it would be too much hassle and effort to do that

like this was created and uniform

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Never had the 2019 one in the OP, but the 2020 one tastes like dumping a whole pack of Skittles into your mouth at once.

Oct 25, 2017
Its really weird to take a swig of a drink and it taste like an entire bag of skittles.
Its not bad, but different.