• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's more involved than what some expected.

[EDIT]
There might be some mistranslations in the tweets, alternative tranlations from the forum members:

I have no access to the magazine because the publication date is tomorrow and I'm sure the source of info is only the blog.
The blog says "・追加要素は全部新規で力を入れている。".
This should be traslated as "All aditional contents are new and we put effort into them."
I believe "They want everything to feel "new" and more polished" in the tweet is mistranslation of it.
Also to follow up from the write up here: https://gamestalk.net/post-142844/

The camerawork comment specifically is in regards to the cutscenes.
  • イベント時のカメラワークは同じなので、ゲームの体験としてはリマスターという感じ。
The event scene camera work is going to be the same, so on that end the game experience will feel like a remaster.

As for the action:
オリジナルの少しもっさりしたアクションにも味わいがあるが、ネガティブな気持ちを抱く人がいるなら変えるべき。オートマタのファンが気持ちよく遊べないと駄目。

The clumsy action had its own charm to it, but it should be adjusted if people aren't crazy about it. They want Automata fans to be able to play this and not feel like it sucks, basically. To that end, Taura is going to be checking over the action component and helping out. It doesn't seem like Platinum as a whole company is on development duty or anything like that, just that Taura himself was brought in, especially because he's a huge fan of the original.

Nowhere in this blog entry at least does it mention a new ending. They just say that they're putting a lot into the new stuff they're adding.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
New characters, new endings and Automata gameplay?

And here I was already excited

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Holy fuck, dont create this hype, is dangerous...too late, im all in, OG Nier with Automata gameplay!!!

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Sounds amazing. When the said it was a "version up" I was expecting no significant changes, especially the combat.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Nier: A is close to my game of the generation and I had no way to play the original. I'm ready.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
If the gameplay is changed up, then it's basically an Automata sequel to me because I never experienced the story of Replicant anyway

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of them changing the combat to be more like Automata's but oh well. Maybe they won't make it as boring as Automata was. At least the story and characters (except Brother Nier) are better. :/

2B and 9S involved? I guess they're just too associated with the Nier title now.

Just the voice actors. Could mean anything.

What was combat likein the original?

Standard hack and slash.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I have a slight Suspicon that Taro is trolling and this will be a Retelling of the Original Story but also some sort of Sequel to Automata considering that the Voice Actors are involved. I don't know I kinda expect some mad fuckery. Whatever it's going to be I'm all for it

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not a huge fan of them changing the combat to be more like Automata's but oh well. Maybe they won't make it as boring as Automata was. At least the story and characters (except Brother Nier) are better. :/

Just the voice actors. Could mean anything.

Standard hack and slash.
I assume having the VAs involved means they'll appear in some form.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
200.gif

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Hopefully the same voice actors is also true for the English dub. This sounds amazing though. If you can really switch between weapons quickly (maybe in a Drakengard 3 style? That would be bomb) it would be really nice. Either way, the gameplay in the original was great probably because of just how loose and relaxing it could be but some depth and options would still be nice.

The new characters thing has me interested as well, and I wonder if we will also get the "ending E" actually included in the game.

I am super curious/excited about the possibilities of story changes as well, being a huge fan of these games (although, I still need to find a copy of the first two Drakengard games to own them)

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well damn :/ sounds like I should just hunt down a PS3 copy then. I've never played the original but I don't really want a different experience in the remaster. Just nicer graphics and availability on modern platforms.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, we have a remake of the PS3 Nier?! For some reason I thought this was a phone game

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Has new music also been mentioned anywhere? Cause that would be really nice

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Upon reading the Japanese text it mentions "various modifications" to gameplay but does not mention anything about significant changes to combat just mentions that Taura is supervising and wants to not change much, actually. I think people expecting Automata gameplay are gonna be disappointed.