• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
NOTE: Video currently has the old release date of August 27th. Shenmue III is releasing November 19th as per the delay earlier in the week.

------------

UPDATE - HIGHER RES OFF-SCREEN VERSION

----------

Holy shit these last few days have been intense for Shenmue fans. Earlier today a new member joined the Shenmue Dojo saying he'd seen footage at a Walmart demo kiosk for Shenmue III he believed was unseen. He then went back out to the Walmart to prove it, and so:

Looks like a short sizzle reel version of a trailer. Next week is going to be HYPE.

Last edited:

master15

Nov 28, 2017
I had to admit I thought the poster was lying but he delivered. Even though it was shit off screen I was very happy with what I saw. Also nice to see Ren in motion for first time (I realize he appeared for a split second in Prophecy trailer).

Very excited for eventual release.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Face and face animations are still bad. The rest of the animation is surprisingly pretty good.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Looks rad. My old buddies Ren of Heavens and Gollum confirmed too. Can't wait to play this!

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
lol I cannot believe that this has just been sitting there in Walmart! Today has been madness lol Footage looks great, from what I can hear it also sounds like a new audio track? Funny thing is that it's old footage (with the old release date) so we don't know how much further along things are :P What a find though!

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure that new Dojo user was posing on people pretty hard after that.

P.S. I'm ready for more Ren and Ryo bro-time.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the scene with the whack-a-mole, they show an arcade machine in the back with a wheel on it, sort of like the old stand-up models of the Outrun cabinet. New arcade style racing mini game from Yu Suzuki incoming??

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
In the scene with the whack-a-mole, they show an arcade machine in the back with a wheel on it, sort of like the old stand-up models of the Outrun cabinet. New arcade style racing mini game from Yu Suzuki incoming??
It's a mechanical arcade game based on a real life game called Road Racer.

Seems to be named Highway Star in Shenmue III, which is coincidentally a song from one of Yu Suzuki's favourites - Deep Purple.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is going to be the exact idea of a "Shenmue 3" that would have popped in most of our heads 10+ years ago.

And while a bit dated, there isn't much games like these outside of maybe Yakuza, and even then it doesn't have the same "heart" !

So I'm excited still.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't believe it...until I watched it. Yep, that's real footage.

And it looks better. Can't wait to see the full thing.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The animations, especially the faces, is still the main thing holding it back. But other than that, it looks so good. Especially impressed by the quality and details of that arcade game, and the environement as always. Even the Chai and Ren scenes look good.

I do appreciate the little frown from Ryo at the end of the first scene. Subtle, but goes a long way.

OP
OP
Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Still says WIP so y'know guys...

Personally I think it looks stunning for a AA game with a scope that includes 500 unique NPCs. I think it looks better than it did even a few months ago at MAGIC, so fucking roll on November when it releases. The colours are... wow. Wow, wow, wow.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
The animations, especially the faces, is still the main thing holding it back. But other than that, it looks so good. Especially impressed by the quality and details of that arcade game, and the environement as always. Even the Chai and Ren scenes look good.

I do appreciate the little frown from Ryo at the end of the first scene. Subtle, but goes a long way.
The game has improved every time we have seen the game. With the game now releasing on Nov 19th I could only imagine how much better it will be.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
This game's gonna be special, really captures the essence of the original games.

I did my best to capture this as gifs:

1d0398d528b90a3f5.gif
24a88773113af737b.gif
352cc529816d170b9.gif
44536f18e5244bcfb.gif
5dc1a587deb315d5d.gif

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I actually verbally reacted when I saw the forklift. This is the most hype trailer yet honestly, haha.

It is kind of weird how Chai and Ren were just casually revealed to be in this game though. This is not the first time either have been shown, but it just seems weird when they would have gotten a lot of attention from individual trailers.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, hope we get a proper direct feed version of that trailer. Quite surprised they just showed off all those characters in one trailer (even though that just makes it super hype). Nice to see Chai skulking around and leaping at Ryo as per usual. Some things never change! I do hope they show off Niao Sun at some point though, I've been interested to see what she's like ever since the very first Dreamcast magazine showed her off on the cover.