• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deadlygantz

Oct 15, 2019
Today a patch has become available for the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and tomorrow (5/2) we'll also be issuing a patch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

We are hard at work on patches that will further improve performance and fix bugs across all platforms.

There are more updates to come across all platforms, and we will share that timing when it is available.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What does the patch contain because I stopped playing after 5 crashes in an hour

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Guess I'll try it out some more tomorrow. I'll instantly be able to tell if this helped with performance on Kobah.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Nice of them to list the PC fixes...

Anyway, it's 5.5gb on PC.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
What does the patch contain because I stopped playing after 5 crashes in an hour

FvC_ZEwWYAEQi_t

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand - yay for the quick patch, on the other hand, stop releasing games in such bad states...

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it fixes the broken hdr on PS5.

Even if I turn it off, it turns back on whenever I start the game.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I really doubt there will be any substantial improvements this fast but I would love to be surprised.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, hoping this is substantial but that one line of text is suspicious

Technically everything under console also applies to PC. But there is no way they are going to have been able to fix the CPU usage in a single weekend so...

Hope it fixes the broken hdr on PS5.

Even if I turn it off, it turns back on whenever I start the game.

Just raise the black level on the third calibration screen in the PS5 HDR system setup one notch and HDR should be fixed.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...sorry respawn but I don't think so. They gonna get a 5-10 spot from me in a few years for this game because I sure as shit ain't paying 70 to just maybe have a half assed product.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Registered Nekko? Wait, you can have a SPECIFIC Nekko and even change its color patterns?! I thought you just summoned a random one every time you hit the call button.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Hopefully the game starts running decently lmao, not holding my breath tho

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
So like when did the PC patch come out that had all the fixes listed for consoles cause it was still a mess for me last night...

keyrodi

Feb 19, 2018
Considering the game didn't utilize PC hardware whatsoever, it's only up from here. I've never seen a CPU bottleneck so hard due to a game simply not using it.

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just gave it a quick go and went to areas where I had really choppy performance, it's perceptibly better but still slightly choppy.

Holotable still drops to like 15fps at times.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This patch from today is the first patch PC has had since the "day 1" patch, if that helps confusion

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
So the patch on PC doubles the size of the game and refuses to install because I only had 88GB free left on my drive on my laptop. The game is currentlly 215GB while being 7% patched and paused.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
So the patch on PC doubles the size of the game and refuses to install because I only had 88GB free left on my drive on my laptop. The game is currentlly 215GB while being 7% patched and paused.

Jesus. I hope that doesn't happen with consoles. I'm hoping with more patches they can get that install size down. So dang bloated.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That's standard with Steam. You can't unpack pre-loads if you don't have 2x the game size in free space either. It sucks but it is what it is. The good news is that the size hasn't actually increased and you can just redownload the game.

Beanbeany

Apr 25, 2022
Jesus. I hope that doesn't happen with consoles. I'm hoping with more patches they can get that install size down. So dang bloated.
It's now 247GB while trying to patch 1.38GBs of files. I guess it has to extract the entire game just to patch the files. What a shitty engine lol

That's standard with Steam. You can't unpack pre-loads if you don't have 2x the game size in free space either. It sucks but it is what it is. The good news is that the size hasn't actually increased and you can just redownload the game.
This is on the EA app. I have EA Access.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I don't think that's what is says.

The PC-specific performance improvement is listed separately, but the fixes coming to tomorrow's console patch are also present in today's PC patch.
nah, today's patch is only for performance for non-RT. It says "already received the patch" for the other stuff.

It showed up immediately for update on EA App. It seems to be better? I had already had a less stuttery experience after enabling Rebar on PC. I just got into a new area so I can't tell if its cause of the new area or the patch, but I'm at a pretty good 70 fps, where I've been fluctuating between high 40s and high 60s in previous areas. I should return to Koboh later to check

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Registered Nekko? Wait, you can have a SPECIFIC Nekko and even change its color patterns?! I thought you just summoned a random one every time you hit the call button.

I was doing gold Nekko for chocobo vibes- there's an easily missed tutorial that says you can put them in the stall for later.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer that the PC patch only impacts non-RT. RT is so critical to the visual quality of this game that I can't imagine playing with RT off

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
PC patch is only for non ray traced rendering? Wth Respawn, I don't want to play with RT off on my 4090 ☹️