• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be so bad

gonna watch it on HBO on those super boring rainy days anyways

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Having played all the Monster Hunters from the first game on the N64 to the Gizmondo version I have to say they nailed it

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
It's obvious from this that they have a profound understanding of what people like about the games.
I fully expect a cinematic masterpiece.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm speechless. How can you possibly fuck up this much? I mean, I know the answer is "be Paul W S Anderson", but I didn't expect it to be this off base.

Pila

Oct 31, 2017
Lol. XD

Oh well, they can't disappoint me, I think it's gonna be like the worst movie of all time pretty much, can't beat that.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The plot:

The movie's plot centers on the leader of a UN military team named Artemis, played by Jovovich, who is transported to another realm populated by monsters. There she meets the Hunter (Jaa), with the two teaming up to close a portal to prevent monsters from attacking Earth.

..............yeah.

I noticed Anderson cast his wife in it as well.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Remember the weird dragon hunting turd movie Reign of Fire with Christian Bale and Matthew McConaughey? This here has a similar vibe.
Reign-Of-Fire-PSP.jpg

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Why the fuck does he have an M4 Carbine in a movie thats supposed to be a movie based on Monster Hunter with big ass swords and bows?

That's like making a movie based on Final Fantasy but with the only weapons being small knives. It just feels so wrong, and not in a good way.

Oct 27, 2017
Taken at face value, what the fuck is an automatic rifle doing in MonHun.

I wonder if it has some 'transported to other dimension/time' plot.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Taken at face value, what the fuck is an automatic rifle doing in MonHun.

I wonder if it has some 'transported to other dimension/time' plot.

The movie's plot centers on the leader of a UN military team named Artemis, played by Jovovich, who is transported to another realm populated by monsters. There she meets the Hunter (Jaa), with the two teaming up to close a portal to prevent monsters from attacking Earth.