• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2018.

News and ongoing updates regarding EA and its games are available on EA's blog at www.ea.com/news.

"The video game industry continues to grow through a year of intense competition and transformational change," said CEO Andrew Wilson. "Q3 was a difficult quarter for Electronic Arts and we did not perform to our expectations. We are now applying the strengths of our company to sharpen our execution and focus on delivering great new games and long-term live services for our players. We're very excited about Apex Legends, the upcoming launch of Anthem, and a deep line-up of new experiences that we'll bring to our global communities next fiscal year."

"FIFA stands out as a robust franchise through a tumultuous year in the video game industry," said COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen. "Elsewhere in the business, we're making adjustments to improve execution and we're refocusing R&D. Looking forward, we're delighted to launch Anthem, our new IP, to grow Apex Legends and related Titanfall experiences, to deliver new Plants vs. Zombies and Need for Speed titles, and to add Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to our sports titles in the fall."

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/pr...eports-Q3-FY19-Financial-Results/default.aspx

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's been two years so this is the usual time we get a new Need for Speed. There is no way the Titanfall game is a full fledged game. It will either be some mobile game or a VR title most likely. Wouldn't get your hopes up for it.

I hope the PvZ game is Garden Warfare 3 though.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need for Speed will always have my attention even though I've been disappointed by every single one since Hot Pursuit 2010.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
My daughter would kill for a PvZ Garden Warfare 3. I'd be totally in on one too.

As long as they fix split-screen Garden Ops.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The plant vs zombies TPS is the closest think the market has to splatoon so it is obviously neither of those games are coming to the switch.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I love the PvZ Garden Warfare games! Wouldn't hate to see a battle royale mode grace the next iteration, either

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"The video game industry continues to grow through a year of intense competition and transformational change," said CEO Andrew Wilson. "Q3 was a difficult quarter for Electronic Arts and we did not perform to our expectations."

Bad news incoming?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I read the thread title as Plants vs Zombies vs Need For Speed announced and was intrigued.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I wasjust thinking about NFS the other day and how it's crazy that EA ran the franchise into the ground over the last two gens.

Also, Star Wars is a sports title now? Is that a typo or am I just reading it wrong?

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Here's a crazy idea for Need for Speed:

Expensive exotic cars.

Police that chase you.

Well designed tracks.

A big 'fuck you' to try-hard tuner culture.

Profit.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I must be like the only person in all of Era that'd want the new PvZ game to be a sequel to the original (hopefully without freemium shit like 2) rather than a Garden Warfare sequel. :D

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like a really good NFS again, there hasn't been anything beyond "decent" from the franchise this gen. Also in for more PvZ, though I was already burnt out by Garden Warfare 2 so they'll have to innovate a lot to get me back.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
This is good. Plants versus Zombies: GW2 was fun, and I really should've finished it and played it more instead of deleting it to free up space. I didn't play it again.

Need for Speed can be fun, too, but the last one was a pain in the fucking ass. This one better not be like that greedy piece of shit.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I want more live-action cutscenes in Need For Speed, and Monster Energy product placement to amplify the madness. They just need to go balls to the walls insane with ridiculous hyperconsumerism and driving fast cars.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that's PvZ3 or Garden Warfare 3.

Garden Warfare 3 might be a F2P battle royale game based on all of the updates 2 has been getting. Garden Warfare 2 added a new mode recently called Soil Survivor which is basically Battle Royale

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I have an idea, let's make Need for Speed a live service multiplayer game with a focus on microtransactions. That'll make EA's investors happy.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love it if they gave Garden Warfare a full single player campaign.

I'd love a Orcs Must Die! style of 3D action tower defense with the PvZ license.
iOS pvz2 was pretty good. Until they introduced battlez it was a very reasonable f2p without any gotcha.
Thankfully the battlez stuff is segmented to its own area, so you don't even need to touch it if you don't want too.

The only major issue I have with it is that when they added it they took away the ability to have multiple save slots for the main game, so unless you wipe your main save (if that's even possible) you can't restart from scratch.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Can't wait for Garden Warfare 3. How hasn't Need for Speed used up all nine lives yet though? Haven't the last three or four been colossal bombs? I know that I personally couldn't even make it past the initial 30 minutes of Payback.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Can't wait for Garden Warfare 3. How hasn't Need for Speed used up all nine lives yet though? Haven't the last three or four been colossal bombs? I know that I personally couldn't even make it past the initial 30 minutes of Payback.

Pretty sure they didnt bomb if EA keeps making them every 2 years

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a glutton for punishment with NFS. I'll eternally be hopeful the next one isn't terrible.

Oct 25, 2017
Can I have, just a regular ass, pvz game that I buy once, and enjoy, AND THAT'S IT.

Not on mobile, not on fucking ouya. Just pvz2.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like a new PvZ without the mobile shit they designed the second game around. I must've played the first game around half a dozen times by now.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Please make NFS comeback to underground days.

Series was so awesome and now it totally bullshit