• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
PSVR-755x425.jpg

Our PlayStation VR holiday deal was such a popular promotion, we're bringing it back to our fans. From Sunday, February 18 through Saturday, March 3, 2018, PS VR standalone headsets and bundles will start at $199.99 (MSRP).
It's a great time to pick up the PlayStation VR Doom VFR Bundle, which comes with a PlayStation VR headset, PlayStation Camera, the PS VR Demo Disc 2.0 and the Doom VFR Blu-ray Disc. $299.99 MSRP (regularly $399.99 MSRP).
The most popular PS VR bundle this holiday, the PlayStation VR Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Bundle, will also be on sale. This bundle includes the PS VR headset, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, the PS VR Demo Disc 2.0 and Skyrim VR. $349.99 MSRP (regularly $449.99 MSRP).
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/15/new-playstation-vr-deals-available-starting-february-18/
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/psvr-deals/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 4 v1.0 PSVR for $149:
Standalone headset v1.0
https://www.brandsmartusa.com/product/215280/product.htm

UPDATE 3 Skyrim VR bundle + $100 Dell gift card for $349:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/pla...controllers-and-skyrim-vr/apd/a9934330/gaming
Some crazier deal for Skyrim bundle.
$350 and $100 Dell gift card.
So basically $250!

UPDATE 2 Doom VFR for $250:
For people who are looking for a cheap v2 headset, this seems to be the cheapest.

UPDATE 1 ON STANDALONE:

There isn't yet a 2.0 standalone SKU. Anything standalone is excess 1.0 inventory that is still being sold off. The only way to get a 2.0 headset is to buy it as part of the Skyrim or DOOM bundles (at least right now). There are a lot of older SKUs out there at this point, one of which doesn't even come a camera, so I wanted to make sure people weren't mistakenly buying an older unit if they want, say, HDR or the integrated headphones and inline controls on the headset itself.

In effect, the "current" SKUs as seen here ( https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/psvr-deals/ ) are GT Sport (ZVR1), Skyrim (ZVR2) and DOOM VFR (ZVR2), it just that there are excess older units being sold at a discount too.

Full disclosure: I work at PlayStation, but I'm not speaking in any official capacity, just trying to minimize confusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why should I buy this?
I don't know... because it has Sprint Vector... or Wipeout VR.
Look at it, it's so good.

No games?
quite a lot https://www.resetera.com/threads/psvr-games-for-2018-130-games-52-weeks-1-giant-backlog.16881/

OT?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-vr-ot-virtually-a-new-era.336/

Does it come with trees?
VR trees are pretty low res, still trees.

Potential buyer?
You can talk to us in the OT or discord, ask question about the games or anything!
quote to get the invite
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Want to buy it anyway? Here's an important set up tip
I'm having trouble with tracking, help!
1- Avoid having any reflective material in the room, or at least visible by the camera.

2- Avoid having any light sources, the darker the room, the better it is. Also this might help with with light bleeding.

3- Leave your PSVR on a FLAT surface when it is booting up for at least 30 seconds to a minute. This is the most important part, this solves wobbling and drift. Drift/Wobble again? Take it off and flat surface again for 30 secs. Do not turn off your PSVR and on again everytime you're facing problem, it will just reset the calibration, so just take it off and leave it on a flat surface.

4- Drift/wobble? Leave it on a flat surface again

5- If you have any tracking issue, calibrate it. Make sure your PS4 is not booted from rest mode. Do a restart/turn off and turn on. This is VERY important too.

6- For standing experience, you probably want to adjust the camera for a wider field of view. For sitting, try to sit as close as possible and adjust the camera to a lower place, seated head level. Camera should be set up left lens as the center point, this is very important, focus ONLY on the left lens. Try to be as center as possible from the camera point of view. Standing experience try to have at least head level camera and better if it's higher, pointing down. Stand at least 4.5-5 feet away from camera.

PS4 should boot up from powered off/restart, DO NOT start your VR session from a PS4 rest mode. Leave your PSVR on a FLAT surface when it is booting up.

Differences with v1?
- Streamlined cable, there's no extension cable anymore, it's a single long wire now (old extension cable has a little box)
- HDR pass through
- 3.5mm headphone jack relocated to headset instead of along the wire, so lesser wire cluttering
- earphone storage on the side of PSVR, you can fit them in nicely.
Zero differences in terms of spec, screen or anything else.

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
All of these bundles include the new 2.0 headset? Or is it still the vanilla headset?

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Whats the difference on the 2.0 headset?
- Streamlined cable, there's no extension cable anymore, it's a single long wire now (old extension cable has a little box)
- HDR pass through
- 3.5mm headphone jack relocated to headset instead of along the wire, so lesser wire cluttering

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
If I have a base PS4 and already have Rez. What else will I need in order to play that in VR?

Because Yes, I will pay $200 just to play Rez in VR.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
God damnit. I really want to buy a PSVR, but here in Sweden it's impossible to find a good deal with the 2.0 headsets (and it's hard enough to find those, seems most retailers want to get rid of their 1.0 headsets).

The hunt continues I guess. :(

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty interested in this. What is it like for people with glasses? Also, is setup easy? The Vive was a big pain and it took a lot of effort to get mine to work - actually ended up getting rid of mine because it just refused to recognize my PC after a while. Is the PSVR just plug-in-and-play?

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I'm pretty interested in this. What is it like for people with glasses? Also, is setup easy? The Vive was a big pain and it took a lot of effort to get mine to work - actually ended up getting rid of mine because it just refused to recognize my PC after a while. Is the PSVR just plug-in-and-play?
I use it with glasses all the time, some worries about scratches so they stick something in it for protection.

As for setup, I would consider it as plug and play. You don't really have to troubleshoot anything once you know the tips and things to watch out while playing, there's definitely a list of stuff to look after for the best experience. I can talk more about it if you need the details.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Is the standalone finally V2 or are those only in the bundles still?

Paulogy

Oct 25, 2017
PSVR is the real deal. It's great, especially at these lower prices.

The PSVR v2 headset has the HDR passthrough, but more importantly for me it declutters the wires a bit by integrating the audio. I definitely recommend trying it somehow beforehand, since it's not for everyone, but you'll know pretty quickly if it was worth the investment to you or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me think, if they're already experimenting with VR's price so low and often, that 2018 may see some big price drops on all PS4 hardware

I'd say they could be clearing stock for a new model late in the year but they just released a new model.

Though, didn't they redesign the internals of the fat PS4 a year before slim?

I would think a super slim PS4 on 7nm is coming next year with a $199 MSRP but maybe they'll do a 12nm model before that idk

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Super tempted to upgrade. I don't use VR as much as I'd like to in part because of how inconvenient the lack of HDR pass through makes everything.

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
No, I mean from the box. If I go to a store, how do I tell which one I'm looking at without opening it up?
you can actually spot it since the box will show the side a little.
psvr-skyrim-bundle.jpg

But, as long as the games are in the box, as in it's not a "custom bundle" or "gamestop bundle", the Skyrim bundle and Doom bundle are 2.0 for sure. Only the GT Sport bundle is 1.0.
An alternative method is to look at the serial. CUH-ZVR1 is 1.0. CUH-ZVR2 is 2.0

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
you can actually spot it since the box will show the side a little.
psvr-skyrim-bundle.jpg

But, as long as the games are in the box, as in it's not a "custom bundle" or "gamestop bundle", the Skyrim bundle and Doom bundle are 2.0 for sure. Only the GT Sport bundle is 1.0.
An alternative method is to look at the serial. CUH-ZVR1 is 1.0. CUH-ZVR2 is 2.0

Well I'm looking for the stand alone since I already have a PSVR. I'm considering upgrading. Are there pics of the newer standalone box?

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
MattAces what were the differences again between the two headsets
1.0 will support Dreams VR.
2.0 won't be able to play Dreams VR.

- HDR pass through