• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

New Kanto Map

Dh6CqaDW0AApTP9.jpg

Misty
Dh6C2PCX0AAwTWa.jpg

Last edited:

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Oh wow, his butterfree found berries in a bush and alerted the trainer?

I'm really loving the overworld/Pokemon interaction.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damnit why couldn't their just be random battles instead of the crappy pokemon go catching? It would be my dream Pokemon game then.

Oct 26, 2017
With Moltres being at Victory Road again I guess it's safe to assume the Sevii Islands are out.

EDIT: I'm not sure what the context was for the Swimmer battle, but there's never been a swimmer with a level 47 Wartortle.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
The following/riding Pokemon look good, but they still haven't really shown any major hook for core players.

E: Yes, y'all, I know this game is primarily aimed at lapsed/casual/Go players. They've said that they want long-time players to enjoy it too, though, and the advertising reflects that (from the US website: "...gameplay that is easily approachable for newcomers to the series, but is also deep enough to keep veteran Trainers on their toes"). I'm just waiting for them to show something that changes things up a bit beyond a simplified version of "the same game you played 20 years ago, but prettier."

Last edited:

Johnny

Oct 28, 2017
I was on the fence about this, but now I feel like it would be a day 1 purchase for me.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Based on the Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle locations, the starters are in the same places as Yellow. Guess they're gift Pokemon again.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
So Eevee will now have gender differences as well, huh? That's neat, I guess. I wonder if its evolutions will get those too.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Man it looks so great, but I'm STILL salty over the catching mechanic. That's one of the only things I have to say bad about the game.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Funny how they didn't show catching Pokemon at all. If you didn't know any better you'd think it was a straightforward remake.

Music sounds excellent tho.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The maps is a 1:1 copy of the original, at least they tried to make Hoenn different in places for OR/AS.

The SS Anne positioning is amazingly stupid.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God I hate the chibi artstyle

But is that clothing customization confirmed? Saw a clip of the girl in a sailor outfit.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence about this game. there are things that I like but many things I don't.

also, while clean, it's more apparent now than ever that this wasn't originally a switch game. not really a problem, but I'm more curious as to the development history of this game now

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think the characters look terrible. Really don't like this art style at all.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with that Pokemon petting and feeding, what is this, a Vita game? Some sort of Pokemon dating sim?

Let's Go Eevee Day 1

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks so good. It really is Pokémon R/B/Y brought to modern standards. Looks like the map is exactly the same. Some changes to the story of course since you're not playing as Red.